Thread: problem with shooting indoor

Default problem with shooting indoor

hi i have a problem with shooting under orange lights. what settings do i have to adjust to minimize the blur-ness?? when i tried using flash it turned out bluish instead. i ended up using night portrait with flash which was better though still slight shaky. how can i solve this problem??

- this kind of lighting

thanks
    Last edited by siimplicity; 6th January 2010 at 05:00 PM.

Default Re: problem with shooting indoor

whitebalance setting that cause the color. ISO setting that cause the image shake.

I have no idea why using a flash causes this problem too, but i guess it is due to the shutter speed too. Try boosting up your ISO and tell us the result.
    D300/700/3S|14-24|24-70|70-200|17-55|16|14|24PC|28|50|85|105M|135DC|500|18-200|24-120|200-400|T11-16

The answer is already in your question - if you understand light and exposure, and how your camera works.

The short answer is: Use a tripod.

hi i have a problem with shooting under orange lights. what settings do i have to adjust to minimize the blur-ness??
    The problem is not the color of the light, but the low levels. Use a tripod or if you shoot handheld, increase the ISO to increase the shutter speed or increase the aperture, or both.

when i tried using flash it turned out bluish instead.
    Flash is daylight balanced, so the results will come out looking normal, or bluish on comparison to the extreme orange.

i ended up using night portrait with flash which was better though still slight shaky. how can i solve this problem??
    Don't use night portrait mode, which automatically sets your camera to a slower shutter speed or if you insist on using night portrait mode, use a tripod.

Adjust your white balance even if you use flash if you want that intense orange tone.

another thing is that could be its not blur but rather being out of focus. Try a smaller aperture for a wider depth of field.

If the image is still blur even if on a tripod, you might have a FF/BF issue with the lens.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.