Thread: Anyone tried the New kodak High Definition Film ??

Default Anyone tried the New kodak High Definition Film ??

hi,
    was looking for some users opinion on this new film from kodak?
    kodak claims this ISO200 film has finer grain and more vibrant colors.
    price is ard $16 for 3 rolls.

i have tried it. and paid 12 for 3 rolls
    its got fine grain and the warm colors of kodak. resolving power is up to my high standards. i think its better that the basic kodak films... fuji superia is still my choice consumer negative film if i have to use negatives that is.

Quote Originally Posted by showtime
    i have tried it. and paid 12 for 3 rolls
    its got fine grain and the warm colors of kodak. resolving power is up to my high standards. i think its better that the basic kodak films... fuji superia is still my choice consumer negative film if i have to use negatives that is.
    Yeps, still prefer fuji superia. cheaper as well.

I thought there was only a 400 speed Kodak HD film? Look here : http://www.kodak.com/global/en/consu...13/e7013.shtml

Tried a couple of rolls from Colour-lab (my first couple of Kodak rolls after many years). Mr. Tay claimed that it was a true 400 speed film, but in my testing, that was far too optimistic. The film is more like a 250-300 speed film. When exposed properly, the colours and grain and shadow detail are OK, but underexposure killed the colours and the shadow details were mushy.

Overall, I prefer the Fuji range, specifically NPH (or even Superia at a pinch). It's got finer grain, much better tones, and scans really well. Back to Fuji for me. Kodak has lost it.