i'm looking to replace my aging fujifilm finepix 2600z.
I'm contemplating the minolta dimage z1 or the panasonic dmc-fz10 due to certain factors:
- external flash (may delve into more complex photography later on)
- good price (thought the panasonic is $300 more)
- cheap memory cards (sd/mmc)
- good reviews
i'll be using it for:
- holiday shots
- family gatherings (usually night/indoor shots)
- will also be used by my gf (who has typically small hands)
would appreciate any advice you guys can give:
- heard that the dimage z1 takes soft pictures (don't really quite understand what this means though)
- the dimage z1 has no IS (is this a major issue considering the camera has 10x?)
- which is easier to handle (in terms of size and weight - coz my gf will be using it)
- the dmc-fz10 uses propriety batteries but has good IS and 12x zoom.
- but heard that that the dmc-fz10 is quite noisy/grainy.
- which camera does better night/indoor shots with the in-built flash?
thanks again guys. truly appreciate any help.