Thread: How sweet

Default How sweet

1.in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition and creativity.
    Feedback & comments deeply appreciated!

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

I tried my best to make it look like the black lamp is comforting the blue lamp. The two desk lamps were sitting together. I noticed them and thought that maybe with enough manipulation of the situation I could make some sort of lovey-dovey photograph that would make people go "awwww". I don't know whether I succeeded or not.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken?

I took this picture in normal room lighting, but the open windows caused some unnecessary glare on the lamp heads. I added a slight vignette in PS.

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

I feel that it's kind of imaginative. Composition and other elements probably not very good, though. I myself would rate this a 7.5/10. Just wondering what you guys think of it.

Default Re: How sweet

there is nothing wrong with the photo. perhaps you can make the image pop up a bit by using multiply and erasing the image part. balance it using the opacity and darken the edges... leading the viewers eye to the couple lamp.

My humble opinions...

1. u r attaching too much emotion to your pic.. w/o your description, i would not understand what you are trying to potray..
    2. if u want to take picture of an object, item... you have clean it!!! unless the dust on the lamp helps u tell the story.

When I first saw the picture, it looks ordinary. Only after reading the description, then I see the link.

Actually I kind of guessed the story from the title and seeing the picture. Interesting concept.

i went hmmmmm instead of awwwwwww.

doesn't do it for me but keep trying and let the creative juice flow.

the title works for me manage to see the link without reading the description. for the creativity

some pointers to note:
    1. as mention, clean up the dust unless they are there for a purpose ( i doubt so)
    2. Background kind of messy, the lamp would stand out more again a plain light colour background
    3. a portrait shot might work better, the "legs" of the lamps look awkwardly crop off.