Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shops in HK

Default Re: Shops in HK

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    for ur contribution and effort.

U seems very famaliar with HK, u noe when we met at ION Orchard some time back when u helped me out with the stucked filters, after you left, my wife (who lived in HK for 12 years before the whole family migrated here) said you sound like a hongkonger.. Are u?
    Let me just said between Singapore and HK, the ratio is roughly 1:4. And I have called Singapore home for the past 11 years.

Sorry for the OT.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Thanks for sharing the info regarding hk cam shops, now we have another source besides rolandlim wordpress, a much more comprehensive one in fact! Thank you so much, it's gona be useful for my next trip there...

Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    I worked out previously. It's probably more worth it buying in HK when the exchange rate is 1 SGD: > 5.3 HKD.
    Before I fly to HK, I exchanged 2k SGD at the rate of 5.54 and BBB . Seems like now the HK dollar is getting stronger as I can never get above 5.4 after that day. Never exchange in HK itself as the rate is very low. The worst I've seen during my trip was 1 SGD : 5.05 HKD ...

i doubt you can get good rates in HK if u want to exchange SGD.. they offer good rates for RMB though..

Quote Originally Posted by reuters View Post
    i doubt you can get good rates in HK if u want to exchange SGD.. they offer good rates for RMB though..
    Yep. Every money changer I've seen in HK, has a signage "Best rates for RMB!". Many mainland tourist there so that's what they are aiming.

Thanks For Sharing

The HK camera gears shopping guide is now completed and has been moved to Consumers corner http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635497
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    The HK camera gears shopping guide is now completed and has been moved to Consumers corner http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=635497

Just got my siggy 30mm yesterday at Tin Cheung Camera.
    Service was good, price was good as well.
    Rejected a few copies after inspecting, sales guy was very patientand keep on opening a new box. After selecting a nice glass, he lent me a camera and I started snapping. Satisfied that it was a good copy, and bought it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12