Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: harassement at siloso beach

Default Re: harassement at siloso beach

anyways i wouldn't speculate too much into the video. like a movie, it could have been staged and posted online to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    Girls going to such crowded party 100% confirm will kena taken advantage...everyone knows. i don't know why so many girls still like to go.
    hhhhhmmm, maybe they wanna be taken advantage of

There's also another post and made it to the headlines on Shin Min Daily News (4th Jan)..
    http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...ne_helped.html
    Last edited by shaoken; 5th January 2010 at 09:41 AM.

For those who expressed outrage, are you willing to go into a fight over it?
    Its that simple. If you are prepared for aggression then fine. Else you will just end up to be another spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Its that simple. If you are prepared for aggression then fine. Else you will just end up to be another spectator.
    What does expressing outrage gotta do with fight??
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    maybe he didn't meant as physical fight lah

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    hahahaha you really quite interesting lah. just like your signature
    www.colouredshots.com
    Kodak film disposable camera

Sorry to see this happen.

Shame on those guys, which ever country they hail from.
    And shame on others who were watching.
    And shame on the girl (though i pitty the girl) who asked for trouble by provoking the guys by wearing such a dress and gone near those strangers.

Those who missed what happened.

When video from every media is taken out only one place you can watch it @ http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/st...commentSection

STOMP is getting pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    Sorry to see this happen.

Shame on those guys, which ever country they hail from.
    And shame on others who were watching.
    And shame on the girl (though i pitty the girl) who asked for trouble by provoking the guys by wearing such a dress and gone near those strangers.
    Wow...

1) Its a beach party, wearing a bikini is not 'asking for it'
    2) Its a beach party, of course you get into close proximity to people when you're dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    Wow...

1) Its a beach party, wearing a bikini is not 'asking for it' I DID NOT SAY THAT
    2) Its a beach party, of course you get into close proximity to people when you're dancing. YES,YOU ARE CORRECT

The gal in the video did not move away from those guys or retaliated; Normal behaviour would be otherwise.

In addition, the video footage is short, we do not know what happened after that. She could be enjoying it. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antacid View Post
    hahahaha you really quite interesting lah. just like your signature
    So if you see this happening will you step in (and risk fighting) or you do nothing?
    simple question.

Quote Originally Posted by nirenj View Post
    STOMP is getting pathetic.
    is getting?

It has always been.

In this kind of situation, I can't help but put all parties to blame.

Blame the girl for being so scantily dressed. We know it's a beach party, but unless one is going to swim or sun bathe, I really don't see any reason for her to dress like this. It will be pure invitation for someone undesirable to outrage her modesty. Of course, we all do not know if she knows those guys, or she may be drunk, or she was enjoying it. But if she was drunk, more responsibility rest on her. Dress in bikini and got drunk? She ought to know how to protect herself. Keep sober and learn how to protect yourself, lady! If not, you've only got yourself to blame.

Blame the guys who did that. This is definitely a criminal offence. They need to have a taste of the lashes and rusty bars.

Blame the authorities for not patrolling the area during the event. What have they been doing? Drinking and partying as well?

Blame the public for accepting the 'free show' as it is. They can even be their own directors, took out their mobile phones, recorded the entire process and uploaded on the web, as well as snapping away using their camera/camera phones! Some guys should have gone up to the girl and ask if she was all right, while someone called for security.

Not sure what has this world become.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

its her own fault imo, for not knowing how to protect herself when going to a such crazy party.

the logic is simple, what does police constantly reminds u about wearing gold all over the place when in crowded places or deserted places, especially festive season?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

the guy in stripes is getting the most out of it. guess he will be famous among his peers...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Agreed with Virgo that the girl have to take part of the blame. She's the one who started the ball rolling, she can't expect to wear a string bikini to an event like this and expect that she'll not invite undesireable attention.
    If she's drinking, worst. A reletively nice looking, young girl in a string bikini who's drunk to the point that she can't control her actions or put up with any resistance, she's lucky that they pull her up on stage and not to some dark deserted corner.
    But than, who knows, she may have been part of this whole thing, was not drunk at all and did not really mind hence the lack of resistance. It's possible, remember the "Nude Hollan Village Couple" ?

The one part which I do not totally agreed with Virgo is to blame the authorities. In an event like this, we can't expect the authorities to patrol the whole event, if they do, it will put a huge damper on the event. Everywhere you turn, there's a policeman/woman looking over your shoulder. When you playfully hugs your GF/Wife from behind and she reacts palyfully by "trying to get out" a few policeman/woman steps in ........... that's really going to be a big bummer on the party.
    In any case the incident last only a short while ( according to the video clip ) and their actions were only seen when the lights fall on them which is not all the time. In fact, I won't be surprise if not everyone around that area is aware of it happening.

Blame the guy who were molesting her, even if she was enjoying it and they have this planned all along, that is not the time and place to do something like this.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    the guy in stripes is getting the most out of it. guess he will be famous among his peers...
    Well those below the stage don't have to hold on to her but still get to grope her, pinch her "up there" and pull down her bottom ......... without fear of being "famous"
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

what kind of rubbish are you all uttering? Transsexual means it is alright to molest her? Transsexual automatically means that she must be enjoying it? She is still human and she is entitled to same rights as any of us.

Standing by and watching makes us no diff from animals. And MM Lee is right when he said humans are like animals after this incident.

and what rubbish... wearing a bikini means she is asking for it... a person can be wearing anything but if u act on your animal instinct and go rape her.. .then u are at fault for being a beast....
    Last edited by aeskywan; 5th January 2010 at 05:59 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast