Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 50D vs pentax kx vs D90 plse help

Default Re: 50D vs pentax kx vs D90 plse help

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    of course la, duh.

please do not join the ranks of the xmm who shake their cams while taking photo to test the inbuilt IS.

it is to overcome normal handshake, not to perform some holy miracle.
    haha seriously this is funnny

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlymade View Post
    aiyo... saw these comments abit late cos i cant resist D90 calling out to me.. haha

i went to sony main store n the guy really nearly talked me into buying A550 or 500. So finally, i took those minolta lens i got and tried them on the sony camera. Sadly, he told me they fit into the camera, but only problem is.... those lens i have are very slow. so even if sony can take fast picture of kids, my lens will be the hindrance...cos of that, i was pretty disappointed and head over to challenger and asked about D90 and he told me build in stabilizer is not good cos if movement too big, the picture will be blur.. my partner who was beside me, heard that, and commented, in tat case we get D90 then...

haha so tats how we decided....

thanks guys for all the valuable opinions.. i really learnt alot in this 1 mth while researching on which to buy. I think my knowledge can beat any saleman in Sony shop =P.
    duh! I think men here would beat all the shop...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    slow focus of lens isnt an issue actually, U just need to anticipate the movements. I have used a minolta 70-210 (the oldest minolta AF lens) in a basketball match and I can still capture the players correctly. Im sure your kid will not run as fast as the basketball players right? I have also took photos of cars moving pass me, people cycling etc. All these movements are much faster than kids running around.

And the challenger salesman is definately trying to mislead you. Stabilizer, whether is in lens or in body, is NOT MEANT to compensate movement at all. Its to compensate handshake vibrations. Motion blur is a result of using too slow shutter speed...

I think its quite unethical that he tricked you by giving such comments in order to make u buy the more expensive D90. Not saying the D90 isnt good, im just saying he is very unprofessional in not explaining in details the differences and giving false information.

BTW what minolta lens do you have? Can PM me? I might be interested I tends to prefer minolta lens over Sony lens.

really ah.. sigh.. too bad. my knowledge really not equate with the inability to be conned =(
    aiya the sony guy also should tell me my lens still can capture fast movement mah.. so at least i wont be so disappointed tat i need to waste money again. he told me to get a new set of lens although my old lens still usable.

anyway, the minolta lens that i have are : 28-80, 75-300 and a fish eye filter i think.

i was pretty disappointed and head over to challenger and asked about D90 and he told me build in stabilizer is not good cos if movement too big, the picture will be blur.. my partner who was beside me, heard that, and commented, in tat case we get D90 then...
    In-lens IS and in-body IS are both equally effective... In both cases if the movement is too big, the picture will be blur.

At least with in-body IS you get IS with any lens.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    duh! I think men here would beat all the shop...
    aiya of course u all can...
    i am just a beginner mah.. and all my knowledge are pretty much like those salemen who sometimes only have head knowledge. i have no hand on experience at all... resulting in getting conned =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    In-lens IS and in-body IS are both equally effective... In both cases if the movement is too big, the picture will be blur.

At least with in-body IS you get IS with any lens.
    *sorry* dont know how to multi quote all in one msg..

i think the challenger guy was trying to tell me the stabilizer wont have much effect if the camera is being shake or something like tat lah..

anyhow, i never bought from challenger.. i bought from harvey norman which gave me a pretty good deal i guess?

$1998 for D90 with kit len 18-105mm + 50mm f1.8 + lowepro bag with nikon logo, nikon tripod, cleaning kit, UV filter, nikon umbrella(d'uh) + 2 x 8gb card + card reader + 1 additional battery + screen protector + forgot anymore or not =P

really ah.. sigh.. too bad. my knowledge really not equate with the inability to be conned =(
    aiya the sony guy also should tell me my lens still can capture fast movement mah.. so at least i wont be so disappointed tat i need to waste money again. he told me to get a new set of lens although my old lens still usable.

anyway, the minolta lens that i have are : 28-80, 75-300 and a fish eye filter i think.
    You should also check the condition of your minolta lens. If this one is subjected to moisture, it will have those little tiny monsters called fungus.

Btw you should check k-x performance on low light and also bumping up shutter speed (freezing movements), as it can generate good quality images even at very high ISO.
    I dunno!!!

si lang salesman anyhow con ..both in-glass and in-body stabilisation are the same, now you will spend more money getting in-glass stabilised lens, and keep paying for a same function for the lenses you might invest in future.

nikon do update their in-glass stabilization for newer generation of lenses from time to time, but no point, make ppl spend more money only..

but TS, get already just enjoy to the max, wish u the best in your photographic endeavors
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

anyway TS the D90 is a very good camera so congrats on ur purchase.

Just giving u additional info in my last post because the salesman wasnt informative enough.

Enjoy ur camera
    Last edited by android17; 11th January 2010 at 01:37 AM.

thanks guys once again. will pop by once in a while to read up and learn up.

aiya of course u all can...
    i am just a beginner mah.. and all my knowledge are pretty much like those salemen who sometimes only have head knowledge. i have no hand on experience at all... resulting in getting conned =P.
    naah!!! I was referring that these guys would beat any salesman in selling things.

anyway, good deal for the d90. Hope you'll have a great time for the one. Don't forget to return back to CS. Cheers!!!
    I dunno!!!

$1998 for D90 with kit len 18-105mm + 50mm f1.8 + lowepro bag with nikon logo, nikon tripod, cleaning kit, UV filter, nikon umbrella(d'uh) + 2 x 8gb card + card reader + 1 additional battery + screen protector + forgot anymore or not =P
    Err... Anyone else hear the sound of carrots being chopped?
    I don't subsidize marketing campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    its an ok price.

U cant compare harvey norman with retail shops. Retail shops will of cos give slightly better price.

But when compared to other megastores like Courts, best, challenger etc, Harvey Norman's price is very good already.

As a megastore, HV (as well as the other megastores), have to follow RRPs or stay close to it. At least HN will try to give better freebies.
    Last edited by android17; 11th January 2010 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by woefulwabbit View Post
    ya i know loh... i have called up a number of shops including MSC, SLRR etc , but reason for choosing harvey norman is because they provide installment. the price difference is around $100 lah. SLR quoted me 1687 with bag and additional card. 205 for the 50mm f1.8. so if u add up together with the freebies, ... it is around tat price lah.. if goes by credit card, 5% more i think. so count count, just abit difference, and i dont have to make my way to city hall area. save transport cost and travelling time.

actually the sales rep in harvey norman @Jurong point is really good. they gave me a wrong battery and they called me up the very next day morning and offered to send it to my house. good customer svc right?
    Last edited by heavenlymade; 11th January 2010 at 03:40 PM.

ya i know loh... i have called up a number of shops including MSC, SLRR etc , but reason for choosing harvey norman is because they provide installment. the price difference is around $100 lah. SLR quoted me 1687 with bag and additional card. 205 for the 50mm f1.8. so if u add up together with the freebies, ... it is around tat price lah.. if goes by credit card, 5% more i think. so count count, just abit difference, and i dont have to make my way to city hall area. save transport cost and travelling time.

actually the sales rep in harvey norman @Jurong point is really good. they gave me a wrong battery and they called me up the very next day morning and offered to send it to my house. good customer svc right?
    gah! dun frown. already have the D90... just forget it and shooot shoot shoot!!1
    I dunno!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12