From the email i got from cathay photo,
Ever wanted to experience what it takes to be a stock photographer? Set foot on a place so remote and pure that it seems forgotten by time?
Join Getty Images' contributing photographer, Alex Soh, on his photo expedition to the untouched winterlands of Takayama, Japan, and uncover the inspiration and passion behind his journey.
Limited to a 7-person group to facilitate personal training by Alex, this expedition offers the opportunity to explore and more importantly, to capture the amazing winter scenery in Japan - from the frozen waterfall to the snow-white pine forest. Walk through snow-covered paddy fields, visit traditional Japanese paper-makers and much more!
Sign up today and be one of the few to experience this once-in-a-lifetime journey through the black-and-white world of Takayama and have your works published and exhibited!
Scheduled Date of Travel: 20 to 24 January 2010
Expedition Fee: S$3,500 per person
Open to All Photographers in Asia (final selection will be made by Nikon and Alex)
How to Register: Email your personal particulars and a recent photo of yourself to Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Training by Alex includes:
* Outdoor Shoot with Real-Life Example
* Photo Editing on Aperture
* Color Management from Capture to Print
* Any other aspects you are keen to learn about
Expedition Fee includes:
* Return Ticket (Singapore - Japan)
* Food and Lodging
* Rubber Boots
* All Land Transportation
* Goody Bag worth S$1,000 (with items from Nikon and Cathay Photo, plus a signed copy of Alex's "Life Touching Moments" coffee-table book)
* One-Day Training and Discussion in Singapore (date to be confirmed)
Equipment and Items to Bring:
* Apple Laptop (preferred)
* Apple Aperture Software (preferred)
* Adobe Photoshop
* Nikon Camera Body (D3x, D3s, D3, D700 or D300)
* Lenses (please review your lenses with Alex)
* Extra Battery(s)
* Winter Clothing and Gear Suitable for -15°C