Thread: Dry Cabinet Or Dry Dry Box?

Cool Dry Cabinet Or Dry Dry Box?

Hi All,
    Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?

Default Re: Dry Cabinet Or Dry Dry Box?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalel1975 View Post
    Hi All,
    Just need some advie on which is better to use.The Cabinet or Box?

each got pros on cons...

for me i'm with Cabinet cos it's way more convenient, n i felt that it's was worth to pay for one...

if u r on a tight budget, wanna save a few tens of dollars the Dry Box would be an option, but do take note that u would have to monitor the RH diligently n change/recharge ur silica beads regularly otherwise it's totally pointless to have a dry box.

I'm a lazy fellow so i stick with Dry cabinet. it boils down to how hardworking u are monitoring ur meter, in long run, changing of silica gel = more cost

Cool Re: Dry Cabinet Or Dry Dry Box?

I was think of the cabinet too as it much easier to maintain.

Thanks for the tips

Go for a cabinet.. the dry box is too troublesome and not very accurate.. don't waste your time and money on it

What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?

Quote Originally Posted by myong View Post
    What's the ideal setting wrt to RH (relative humidity) and temperature setting for SLR camera, lens and video tapes?
    Between 45% and 50% is safe. Get a reliable hygrometer.

Quote Originally Posted by myong View Post
    As mentioned around 45% is good for RH - but how are you going to control the temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    As mentioned around 45% is good for RH - but how are you going to control the temperature?
    No way.

I prefer dry cabinet too. Saves me a lot of hassle. Moreover the electricity consumption is very low

Quote Originally Posted by sabee View Post
    this relates to handwriting not all of us are able to maintain the same "size & pattern".

Best is to get a digital meter ones to save trouble from going near to see the analog meter whereby digital meter from far can see the reading for my cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by gnohz View Post
    I prefer dry cabinet too. Saves me a lot of hassle. Moreover the electricity consumption is very low
    most of the brands are at 5watt if im not wrong

if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?

Quote Originally Posted by abimanyuboentaran View Post
    if you are busy out there shooting, you won't need them. I don't know any photographers that takes many photos(100 plus a day) ever put away their camera. save your money for prints, what use your camera if you store it?
    So you sleep with your DSLR!!!

Since this thread is already been answered.

A Dry Dry box is a drybox that stores another drybox inside, thus keeping the inner drybox from moisture. Interesting concept.