View Poll Results: IF guilty, is Dr Silviu Ionescu immune from Singapore's criminal laws

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 54.39%
  • No

    23 40.35%
  • I dont really care after all it was just a hit-and-run accident leaving one dead

    2 3.51%
  • Who is Dr Silviu Ionescu?

    1 1.75%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 160

Thread: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    As far as I am concerned, he is a total disgrace to his countrymen .....
    He's a disgrace to all Romania and I'm sure his countryman feel the same as well. Only thing now is for us to see how his country respond.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  2. #62

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    what happen if the victim is one of our top ministers - MM SM PM will he go scott free also.
    we have always known there is a set of law for elites & another set for peasants in S'pore.

    but i will feel much less sorry if it is one of these three who are kocked down than the poor guy who had just got married.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    the moment we allow him to fly back, i already know he is not coming back... lets not kid ourselves, and don't even think the investigation will go our way...

    justice is only for the rich and powerful, common ppl like us... wait long long... its has long been like that... u want to depend on our garment, might as well forget it...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    East of Singapore
    Posts
    1,750

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    the moment we allow him to fly back, i already know he is not coming back... lets not kid ourselves, and don't even think the investigation will go our way...

    justice is only for the rich and powerful, common ppl like us... wait long long... its has long been like that... u want to depend on our garment, might as well forget it...
    I'm not sure, the internet is a very powerful tool, if there's enough international awareness of this incident, the Romania Gov may find it hard to "look the other way" ?
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

  5. #65

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    the moment we allow him to fly back, i already know he is not coming back..
    Don't know why it's still not clear-- there was no "allowing" involved. ICA had no powers to stop a diplomatic passport holder from leaving the country. Police cannot arrest someone with diplomatic immunity.

    Don't make it sound like somebody didn't do his job here.

  6. #66

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by yeobt View Post
    well, who the hell approved and agreed on the CD cars can go on the road without valid
    insurance coverage? so who the hell will pay for the victim's medical fees?
    He's not immune from civil law. The victim's family could sue him for loss. Ideally, find the judge who granted a Mareva injunction to LKY years ago.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtol19 View Post
    Don't know why it's still not clear-- there was no "allowing" involved. ICA had no powers to stop a diplomatic passport holder from leaving the country. Police cannot arrest someone with diplomatic immunity.

    Don't make it sound like somebody didn't do his job here.
    from the day of the accident till he fly back to his country... its 3 days, u mean it took so long for the authorities to identify the prime suspect and approach the embassy for cooperation ?

    somebody did try to do his/her job, but it either too slow or simply not good enough...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  8. #68

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    from the day of the accident till he fly back to his country... its 3 days, u mean it took so long for the authorities to identify the prime suspect and approach the embassy for cooperation ?

    somebody did try to do his/her job, but it either too slow or simply not good enough...
    I am speculating the police didn't realise this hit and run accident would lead to one death. I am speculating the police didn't put 1 and 1 together when the embassador called to report the stolen car was none other than him at the scene of crime. I am also speculating the police wasn't expecting him to leave the country 1 week later. Let me put it another way, if the police knew he was going to take off in 1 week, would they have sped up investigations to gather substantial evidence to prevent him from leaving the country?

  9. #69

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    OMGOMGOMG

    How many times do we have to repeat this:
    DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY = you can't do sh*t to him here

    Don't they teach this in school???

  10. #70

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by pokiemon View Post
    I am speculating the police didn't realise this hit and run accident would lead to one death. I am speculating the police didn't put 1 and 1 together when the embassador called to report the stolen car was none other than him at the scene of crime. I am also speculating the police wasn't expecting him to leave the country 1 week later. Let me put it another way, if the police knew he was going to take off in 1 week, would they have sped up investigations to gather substantial evidence to prevent him from leaving the country?
    I'm speculating you don't understand the concept of diplomatic immunity.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtol19 View Post
    I'm speculating you don't understand the concept of diplomatic immunity.
    as much as most of us would love to see justice... but...
    the fella's protected by this law.




    fairness is an ideology and a myth at the same time.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #72
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    we have always known there is a set of law for elites & another set for peasants in S'pore.
    i think this has always been the case in all country since the start of time.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #73

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    As far as I am concerned, he is a total disgrace to his countrymen .....
    His countrymen, as in Vlad the Impaler???

    Just bring his a** back over here for justice!!!!!!
    Last edited by Gunbucker; 9th January 2010 at 05:00 AM.

  14. #74

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    He'll never be back. The cost of diplomacy can sometimes can come at the expense of innocent lives. http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...08-190489.html
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  15. #75
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    He'll never be back. The cost of diplomacy can sometimes can come at the expense of innocent lives. http://www.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%...08-190489.html
    no prizes for the correct guesses!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #76
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    on news, police confirm it is him, the driver & his car was not like what he claim in the police report as stolen.

    what next?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  17. #77

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    on news, police confirm it is him, the driver & his car was not like what he claim in the police report as stolen.

    what next?
    er, nothing.
    /thread closed.

    just kidding.. will have inquiry... talktalktalktalktalktalktalktalk..
    then /thread closed.


  18. #78

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu


  19. #79

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    All along i knew is him .
    let's put the story , if this happen to a singaporean hit & run accident and report stolen . i bet the police investigate faster then the romania case !

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,799

    Default Re: From Romania with love: The Great Escape by Dr Silviu Ionescu

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    on news, police confirm it is him, the driver & his car was not like what he claim in the police report as stolen.

    what next?
    he go plastic surgery

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •