Thread: Internet Explorer home page woe

Default Internet Explorer home page woe

I have this problem of this unwanted webpage findyourwebsites.com being set as the default IE home page when I have actually set it to www.clubsnap.org.

In other words, even after I have set clubsnap.org as IE's home page, at times, the unwanted home page would appear instead. This happened even when Pop-up Stopper is enabled.

Are there ways to rectify this situation?

TIA.

They prob written some script to permanently set it that way. Try reinstalling your IE

Bring up your task manager and sort by CPU. Click homepage button in IE and see which process goes to the top. After that you can zap away the program by deleting it from your harddisk and also removing it from the registry. I suggest you use registry crawler to do that.

Deregistered

or try ad aware first, to clear the spyware on your comp. then, you should be fine to set anything as home page

somehow sometime in the past while u surfd net, ur comp got hacked unknowingly. it happened to one of the comps in camp when we tried to install some games from some russian webpage into the comp =)