Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of you taken photo with light orbs? what camera and lens can see this?

Default How many of you taken photo with light orbs? what camera and lens can see this?

Hi all

I have seen some pictures taken especially in those holy and quite place, showing some light orbs, like below.
    Just curious anyone of you taking this kind of picture before.
    If so, what lens and camera you used that can see this "orbs".
    So far, those that I know are point and shoot camera.

Default Re: How many of you taken photo with light orbs? what camera and lens can see this?

Water drops and/or dust on the lens. No magic.
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

Default Re: How many of you taken photo with light orbs? what camera and lens can see this?

Just looks like water droplets to me...

umbrella,wet hair,hot spot on bald guys head indicating flash,nothing special/mystical,just flares to me
    A wise man said, "Any available light is good light"

i also think is water droplets. coz u can see those ppl are taking umbrella. so it means it raining at that time.
    Nikon D90 | 18-200mm VR | 50mm f1.8| Tokina 11-16mm f2.8|Sigma 30mm f1.4 |SB900
    Sony W300

Most prob supernatural.
    Hit and miss, i guess.

Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

If you believe it, you need to ask the orbs to appear prior to taking the shot.

The camera is unimportant.

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Hi all

I have seen some pictures taken especially in those holy and quite place, showing some light orbs, like below.

its raindrops.
    this happens when u flash direct.

nearer ones will be brighter, bigger n blurrer.

yes, only with direct flash and dark background, you can try it at night, sprinkle some water into the air and shoot it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I am not saying the water drop on lens like pictures below:

anyway, nevermind. thanks for your time.

The "orb" phenomenon seems to be popularised by supernatural advocates like SP*.

It's not about water droplets on the windows. It's about droplets suspended in mid-air, illuminated by direct flash. It's a very simple explanation using Science. But if you choose to believe that it is due to spirits, then so be it.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

I am not saying the water drop on lens like pictures below:

anyway, nevermind. thanks for your time.
    not this,

to get the effect you want, the water droplet or dust particle is in the air, near camera lens, not on the lens, the water droplet is overexposed by the flash and totally out of focus.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I am sure there is a perfectly scientific explanation for the orbs. But many would choose to believe the supernatural.

It's just like asking why are there earthquakes. It can be the wrath of god. Or the sliding of tectonic plates.

Hi all

I believe that is water particles on mid air kena flashed.

So far places that i caught orbs are at Old Commando barracks and Old Changi Hospital. but that can be dust particles too...

More interesting orbs is where i zoom in i see faces on those little dots. but well that could be my imaginations too..

Paranormal stuffs just cant be explained by science.
    NIKON D90|AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR|NIKKOR AF 70-300mm f/4-5.6G|NIKKOR AF 50mm f/1.8D

Quote Originally Posted by velovictor View Post
    Paranormal stuffs just cant be explained by science.
    Actually it can, in fact 99.999*% of the time an experiment to prove an hypothesis as true with regards to the paranormal often if not always concludes in a false result.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 2nd January 2010 at 01:43 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Hi all

Hello, I have a photo with orbs.. It was taken sometime back in June 2008 in Taiwan while my tour group was releasing a heaven lantern.. These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.

I can't explain why it is like this but i'm just here to share =/

Here are the links to images on Flickr.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4234346442/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4233574291/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanthelion/4234348090/

you need to perform a ritual on your camera before it gains the third eye

Quote Originally Posted by velovictor View Post
    More interesting orbs is where i zoom in i see faces on those little dots. but well that could be my imaginations too..
    If you want to, you can spot a face almost everywhere. In clouds, that patch of mould in the longkang, or even on the kaya that you spread on your toast.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDown View Post
    Hello, I have a photo with orbs.. It was taken sometime back in June 2008 in Taiwan while my tour group was releasing a heaven lantern.. These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.
    For water droplets to be illuminated and reflected back at the camera, they have to be at a certain angle relative to each other. It's the same idea that causes lens flares and rainbows.

(I think that despite all these explanations, some people will still want to think that these are images of spirits. Hmm.)

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenDown View Post
    These are shot with my Sony a200 with 70-200/2.8 with flash. Here are the images.
    this might be due to dust inside your lens, i think.......

for the last picture you posted here.

for first 2, got orbs meh???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast