Thread: Any Singapore DSLR market share reports?

Default Any Singapore DSLR market share reports?

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I have spent the last 4 hours scouring Google to search for any statistical information about market share of different DSLR brands in Singapore's context but failed. So I am wondering if any of you dear photography hobbyist or enthusiast can shed some info for me?

I am in need for information to support my school project. Hence if anyone has any sources of information please post it here really appreciate it. Since my option on survey is out, my last option is to ask for help.

Thank u very much..

Default Re: Any Singapore DSLR market share reports?

I know consulting companies such as Gartner or IDC should have such information but they are not free. An example: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?sessio...ICFFAKBEAUMIWD
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post
    I know consulting companies such as Gartner or IDC should have such information but they are not free. An example: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?sessio...ICFFAKBEAUMIWD
    I have access to Gartner. They work on a global basis, and don't go down to the detail of a small, relatively insignificant market like Singapore.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I have access to Gartner. They work on a global basis, and don't go down to the detail of a small, relatively insignificant market like Singapore.
    Yeah, I think the data are more on a regional basis - N. America, Europe, Asia Pacific, etc...

I think what TS is looking for are Singapore dSLR market share (%) of each dSLR manufacturers which is more of a marketing data and should be available somewhere.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

According to some stats from the Euromonitor International Marketshare monitors:

"Canon was the market leader for cameras in 2008, holding 19.3% of the overall market share. Sony, Olympus and Nikon were the next three largest players in the market, holding 17.7%, 13% and 12.7% respectively."

That's for all cameras though, compact and DSLR.
    Alpha

i am surprised Olympus is ahead of Nikon...

Wow $2000 for IDC statistical information? Anyway I thank you all for your kind feedbacks. Looks like I can only use data of worldwide DSLR market share instead of just Singapore. But apart from Cnet, do you guys have any suggestion that I can source such kind of statistical information that has more credential for my referencing on my project? Coz I Googled around to find many discussion but not actual article with more credible sources of information.

Really appreciate your help and feedbacks. Unless I am searching the wrong direction or using the wrong words. Any suggestions are appreciated

Wow Rashkae thanks for your Euromonitor source, may I know which section of the euromonitor international can I find the data you have found? Thanks it can help me a lot for my referencing
    Last edited by CatByTe; 31st December 2009 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powergoo View Post
    i am surprised Olympus is ahead of Nikon...
    It's the combined, compacts + DSLR.

Quote Originally Posted by CatByTe View Post

Wow Rashkae thanks for your Euromonitor source, may I know which section of the euromonitor international can I find the data you have found? Thanks it can help me a lot for my referencing
    It's in the consumer electronics section.
    Alpha

Sorry Rashkae, I've browsed through the consumer electronics section and couldn't find the statistics you have provided. Curious did you actually have the report? hehe... I literally wasted hours on the net to find out only marketing research companies has such info which needs to be purchased... sigh...

Sorry Rashkae, I've browsed through the consumer electronics section and couldn't find the statistics you have provided. Curious did you actually have the report? hehe... I literally wasted hours on the net to find out only marketing research companies has such info which needs to be purchased... sigh...
    I think, you may need to pay for this report.

Though, is this a school project? Don't be too concern about market share lah.

Of course the project is not juz about market share..but what i meant is that in text referencing for the sources are needed for the statistics or info in my report..else penalized lol... Though I really wish to rig the stats lol it would be easy.. But hey thanks for your feedback

Of course the project is not juz about market share..but what i meant is that in text referencing for the sources are needed for the statistics or info in my report..else penalized lol... Though I really wish to rig the stats lol it would be easy.. But hey thanks for your feedback
    Tsk... Very unethical to "rig" stats!!!

It's a paid report, so it depends if your school has access to the whole database, or if they only leased sub-sections.
    Alpha