Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streetphotography queries and help need

Default Re: Streetphotography queries and help need

Quote Originally Posted by niftybracket View Post
    i shoot with a 50mm 1.4 with 50D, and at night time I could pump the ISO up to 1600 ...

the main problem would be on focusing ... 1.4 is micro USM ...
    I used to shoot with AI SERVO, now shooting with AI FOCUS because i don't think i know how to use AI SERVO
    usually it is the subject and shooter moving towards each other ...

care to give any tips?
    ai servo you have to keep pointing the af on your subject and follow. it "works" like a tracking system or a gps. but using one shot focus is good enough. just point, focus and shoot it will be done less than 5-8 sec but you have to know where your af point pointing to if you are not using the centre af point.

the subject is always moving about while you will be standing or sitting down. about the walking speed the closer your subject is the faster it appear to be likewise for far subject the speed will looks slower. you have to know at which distance you are comfortable with.

for example you intend to camp and shoot at a distance of lets say 8m away from you, you have to roughly know where is the 8m point then you wait for your subject to appear and faster shoot.. practise makes perfect =)
    Last edited by KelvinDestiny; 31st December 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    haha you might be wrong some not good looking or with a average look might get nasty and you wont know each of everyone temper as some might think you are a PI or which ever comes in their mind..

i wont say the word ugly i will say not good looking or average look which sounds more nicer and wont hurt ppl that much.
    that is just my point bro ...

this should be the dialog:

PRETTY: hey! what the ?!?

YOU: sorry to bother. can't help but admire. would it be trouble?

PRETTY: not at all ... (could even blush)

in contrast to:

AVERAGE: hey!

YOU: sorry to bother. can't help but admire (uhhhmm) , would it be trouble?

AVERAGE: all liesss ... DIE ALREADY !@!!!

you get the point.

DISCLAIMER: all fiction. bwehehehe

in conclusion, best subject would be somebody with a "kind face"
    EOS 50D |EF-S 18-55 kit lens | EF 50mm 1.4

that is just my point bro ...

this should be the dialog:

PRETTY: hey! what the ?!?

YOU: sorry to bother. can't help but admire. would it be trouble?

PRETTY: not at all ... (could even blush)

in contrast to:

AVERAGE: hey!

YOU: sorry to bother. can't help but admire (uhhhmm) , would it be trouble?

AVERAGE: all liesss ... DIE ALREADY !@!!!

you get the point.

DISCLAIMER: all fiction. bwehehehe

in conclusion, best subject would be somebody with a "kind face"

kind face? hmmm there's someone in my mind who confirm 95% wont get nasty. shoot monk they not just have a kind face but with a kind heart.

Quote Originally Posted by KelvinDestiny View Post
    ai servo you have to keep pointing the af on your subject and follow. it "works" like a tracking system or a gps. but using one shot focus is good enough. just point, focus and shoot it will be done less than 5-8 sec but you have to know where your af point pointing to if you are not using the centre af point.

the subject is always moving about while you will be standing or sitting down. about the walking speed the closer your subject is the faster it appear to be likewise for far subject the speed will looks slower. you have to know at which distance you are comfortable with.

for example you intend to camp and shoot at a distance of lets say 8m away from you, you have to roughly know where is the 8m point then you wait for your subject to appear and faster shoot.. practise makes perfect =)
    well, i should this ... but my habit is to walk towards the subject also, thinking i am avoiding confrontation and conflict ... like the first rule of boxing, "protect yourself at all times", perhaps it is just instinct i guess

should definitely try estimating the 8 meters (or whatever) gap using manual focus ... even when walking towards each other ... should definitely require timing ( that the subject will be looking at you) ... not going to be easy though

thanks for the tips and keep 'em coming
    EOS 50D |EF-S 18-55 kit lens | EF 50mm 1.4

this just my opnion and only mine...

You need to have the courage to lift up your camera to shoot... just think of it... you see a nice street scene but u dun dare to lift your camera up to shoot... then moment missed... 50 f1.8 is good enough for street shots... makes u closer to subject and maybe can get eye contact which i tink looks nicer...
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

well, i should this ... but my habit is to walk towards the subject also, thinking i am avoiding confrontation and conflict ... like the first rule of boxing, "protect yourself at all times", perhaps it is just instinct i guess

should definitely try estimating the 8 meters (or whatever) gap using manual focus ... even when walking towards each other ... should definitely require timing ( that the subject will be looking at you) ... not going to be easy though

thanks for the tips and keep 'em coming

manual focus will be a little hard to estimate the rough distance you will be shooting.. best is use aperture priority. the distance also need to depend on your lens view through your viewfinder to see how you going to fit your subject inside the frame then from there take note of that particular area. but i suggest you to find a nice place to sit if you choose to camp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12