Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help needed for ROM shoot

Ya! Keito has volunteered himself! Now isn't the hint obvious...?

Originally posted by hackie

hhmmm.... maybe i'll leave the neg part to another fren... thanks!
    And leave the digital part to mi?

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    bluestrike got your D60 already har???
    David Teo
    View my work and blog at http://www.5stonesphoto.com/blog

Trevor_Tan
    Guests

Originally posted by hackie

i'm using Sigma EF500 Std which is fully TTL.. i had used the flash in both direct and bounce with card and it works great! so i guess the flash shldn't be a prob..
    In that case good luck, and have someone to help you carry stuffs and do crowd control (gather friends/relative) for phototaking.

Lastly and quite important is that don't enter the room with a roll of neg that is left with 10 shots try to go in with a fresh roll. They don't wait for u to reload and you can't miss a moments inside.
    Last edited by Trevor_Tan; 3rd May 2002 at 01:03 PM.

Originally posted by ziploc
    Ya! Keito has volunteered himself! Now isn't the hint obvious...?

Originally posted by Bluestrike
    lai lai.... at most i treat u to a lunch...

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

In that case good luck, and have someone to help you carry stuffs and do crowd control (gather friends/relative) for phototaking.

Lastly and quite important is that don't enter the room with a roll of neg that is left with 10 shots try to go in with a fresh roll. They don't wait for u to reload and you can't miss a moments inside.
    roger!

Originally posted by Red Dawn

yeah i did - but always with another photographer, never alone for those first few times. that way, the pressure is not so great, and i get to experiment, learn, and experience wedding photography without the burden of the added responsibility, cos i foot my own expenses for those sessions, and i made sure the couple know i'm not there as the main guy

More importantly, i can get a feel for whether or not this is something i wanna do long term / pursue.

of course eventually i did "graduate" to doing them alone but i certainly wouldn't encourage someone to do weddings alone without prior experience.

the risk is not worth it. neither is one's reputation or friendship with others.
    You're lucky. My first ROM shoot was from a friend, an old classmate who knew my photographic interests. I did it for him for free (he pays the film and processing). He subsequently asked me to do his wedding as well.

Eventually, another friend asked me to do his wedding as well. Though I told him I'd prefer if there's an official photog, he trusted me well enough, and I am grateful for that.

All these has given me the opportunity to actually try it out, build a portfolio, and hopefully get actual customers in the future.

Regards
    CK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123