Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: $3.5k for braces on teeth...

  1. #1

    Default $3.5k for braces on teeth...

    oh well, nothing shy to talk abt

    me just got the intention to put braces

    think that's quite a price to pay for
    ok for guys to put braces?


  2. #2

    Default

    er.. maybe u would have liked to try it when in kindergarten ^_^

  3. #3

    Default

    erm, i'm curious abt the price paid, is it mainly for the product or service ?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    erm, i'm curious abt the price paid, is it mainly for the product or service ?

    well, for both
    but the extraction of the wisdom teeth is not included in the price


    hehe
    think of it, a bit late for me to try

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clive
    er.. maybe u would have liked to try it when in kindergarten ^_^

    hehe
    no money to try yet

  6. #6
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,667

    Default

    The price sounds about right.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit
    The price sounds about right.
    ic

    it's $1k upfront, then 20 mths installment with free interest

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    740

    Default

    u can try goin to NUH they have a post grad prog where the post grads put the braces for u. the price i paid last time was 3x $600 payments and $200 for retainers. quite alright i feel coz they're guided by profs.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystix
    u can try goin to NUH they have a post grad prog where the post grads put the braces for u. the price i paid last time was 3x $600 payments and $200 for retainers. quite alright i feel coz they're guided by profs.

    thks

    anyone there to contact?

  10. #10

    Default

    i only started wearing braces when i was 20. nothing to be ashamed about...

    3.5k is ok in my opinion, i'm paying around that price except mine is ceramic instead of metal. anyway did the dr tell you what is exactly wrong with your set of teeth? the price is usually tagged to how easy/difficult it is to verify the problem...

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vanisia
    i only started wearing braces when i was 20. nothing to be ashamed about...

    3.5k is ok in my opinion, i'm paying around that price except mine is ceramic instead of metal. anyway did the dr tell you what is exactly wrong with your set of teeth? the price is usually tagged to how easy/difficult it is to verify the problem...
    thks

    he just said i shld go for it
    so $3.5k will get a ceramic one?

    so when did u get it remove? result gd?

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    sengkang
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xmen1977
    thks

    he just said i shld go for it
    so $3.5k will get a ceramic one?

    so when did u get it remove? result gd?
    hi there, i am wearing orthodontic braces which cost about $5K. I got mine done at the National Dental Centre and the dentists there are very professional and courteous. I am also paying by installments.

    however, i think the ceramic braces will take longer than normal braces and are not as good.

    just a thought, good luck on your braces!

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaper
    hi there, i am wearing orthodontic braces which cost about $5K. I got mine done at the National Dental Centre and the dentists there are very professional and courteous. I am also paying by installments.

    however, i think the ceramic braces will take longer than normal braces and are not as good.

    just a thought, good luck on your braces!

    ic
    thks for the info

    btw, what's ur upfront payment?

  14. #14

    Default

    i am doing mine this week. i had undergone 2 surgerys at national dental center for wisdom tooth surgery, due to i am still in ns, i got subsidy from my camp here. Total amount is about $800 plus for 5 tooth that took out now. Before that, i had got my 8 brackets ready $600, and this thur, $700 for wires and a TPA.. so chim rite? hee total i need to spend about $5k... no money to buy camera leow..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,537

    Default

    SGD3.5K sounds ok.

    but if i were u, i would drive to JB to do it. If u have no confidence with the doctores there, at least u can a dentist who graduated from National Dental Center In Singapore.

    U pay almost MYR4k there.

    The hassel is, u need to go there susbsequent visit.

    But the money u save might buy a 2nd hand 300D.

  16. #16

    Default

    yeah i heard about people going to jb to do braces, but i am only worried if theres any error, might be troublesome. As for whitening my teeth after braces, i will go jb to do the 1 hr britesmile treatment, in here about $900 for 1 hr treatment, i think i need to go serveral times, so jb will be cheaper i guess.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,537

    Default

    yeah i heard about people going to jb to do braces, but i am only worried if theres any error, might be troublesome.
    Get a reputable dentist. If u are not sure, no idea who is good. Look at the worings of the wall, u can tell where the dental get thier qualification from.

    If u dun trust local grad dental, get a foreign grad or Singapore grad dental.

    the only trouble is, u have to go abroad to do your subsequent follow.

    but there are thousands of people who travel in-out everyday.

    for your casem, wisdom tooth extraction can cause about SGD500 per peice in Singapore. X2 is SGD1000. The whole operation + braces + subsequent follow up is a big sum.

    I am very sure if u can get someone to drive in to JB everytime for the dental visit, even after u buy him/her a meal, u can still possible to save for a 300D.

    good luck.

  18. #18

    Default

    Cheapest pull all teeth out and wear dentures. Then can brush teeth while gargling listerine.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Sunnypore
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Are there any no nos to follow when the braces have just been fitted?

    Coz I dive and don't want anything to happen.....

  20. #20

    Default

    Gee....I too am planning to start having dentures after years of mulling over the idea....problem is I am reaching my mid-20s soon. Guess its not a major problem image-wise, but I am concerned about how long the process is going to take.

    Anyway, I nearly managed to get lobong with those NUH students, but on clarifications, was told they dont do cosmetic stuff. Walao. I wonder how Mystix got his lobang.
    D300s D200 350D | N18-200VRII N18-70 N50 TK12-24 S70-300 TR18-200

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •