Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Olympus C700UZ

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Olympus C700UZ

    Hi.

    As for now, i am still trying to learn and find out more abt the Oly C700UZ. Since this thread belongs to the Olyumpians, i'm curious to find out if anyone has anything good or bad to say abt it... (esp abt the chromatic abr)

    Kindly advise.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  2. #2
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    i like it becos

    - it is sleek.. small for a 10x zoom dc
    - 10x zoom
    - manual controls
    -


    i dun like it becos

    - image quality
    - chromatic aberrations
    - very poor nite shot capabilities
    -

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Thank you Zhapchit...

    I have a question. If there is actually manually adjustment, wouldn't be it easier or better for night shots?

    And is this camera good for beginners like myself?

    Anyone else?

    Kindly advise.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  4. #4
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Thank you Zhapchit...

    I have a question. If there is actually manually adjustment, wouldn't be it easier or better for night shots?

    And is this camera good for beginners like myself?

    Anyone else?

    Kindly advise.
    hmmz not sure what u meant by 'easier or better'. But don't expect too much for nite shots as the noise level is quite bad.

    "And is this camera good for beginners like myself?"
    Yes definitely. This camera will definitely stay quite long with you unless you're looking for better image quality and willing to forgo the 10x zoom power

    what will be your main use for this camera?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by zhapchit


    hmmz not sure what u meant by 'easier or better'. But don't expect too much for nite shots as the noise level is quite bad.

    "And is this camera good for beginners like myself?"
    Yes definitely. This camera will definitely stay quite long with you unless you're looking for better image quality and willing to forgo the 10x zoom power

    what will be your main use for this camera?
    Main use?

    To learn how to use a camera and follow up on my interest on photogaphy.

    To take nature shots.

    To take night shots. (I was told that to take night shots.. try to "cool" down the cam by not turning on the LCD... is that true?

    Or not too take too many pictures at one time...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Main use?

    To learn how to use a camera and follow up on my interest on photogaphy.

    To take nature shots.

    To take night shots. (I was told that to take night shots.. try to "cool" down the cam by not turning on the LCD... is that true?

    Or not too take too many pictures at one time...

    Then go for the C-2100uz lah...price and features almost the same...just that C-2100uz got Image Stabilizer and a little bigger in size. Not as 'noisy' as the C-700uz during long exposures + chromatic aberration is minimal......

    To cool down the CCD no use turning off LCD...switch off whole DC better........

    But!!! To pack such a powerful lens + all these feayures into such a small chasis.....no one else in the mkt has anything similar to the C-700uz!!!
    Last edited by Jayan; 2nd May 2002 at 02:44 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Then go for the C-2100uz lah...price and features almost the same...just that C-2100uz got Image Stabilizer and a little bigger in size. Not as 'noisy' as the C-700uz during long exposures + chromatic aberration is minimal......

    To cool down the CCD no use turning off LCD...switch off whole DC better........

    But!!! To pack such a powerful lens + all these feayures into such a small chasis.....no one else in the mkt has anything similar to the C-700uz!!!
    I see. Just how much does the C2100UZ cost?

    And what does it come with?

    The package i was looking at cost me ard $880
    and has the following.

    Olympus C700 + 32Mb + Batt & Charger + Adobe Element

    Is the C2100UZ bundled with anything else?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    I see. Just how much does the C2100UZ cost?

    And what does it come with?

    The package i was looking at cost me ard $880
    and has the following.

    Olympus C700 + 32Mb + Batt & Charger + Adobe Element

    Is the C2100UZ bundled with anything else?
    Nope....C-2100uz promo over liao....now cheapest u can find in town (try CP) is $900 incl. GST.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Jayan


    Nope....C-2100uz promo over liao....now cheapest u can find in town (try CP) is $900 incl. GST.
    Sigh... not bundled with anythign at all... Hmm...

    I would need to consider...
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Sigh... not bundled with anythign at all... Hmm...

    I would need to consider...
    Another question:

    Is it newbie friendly?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang


    Another question:

    Is it newbie friendly?
    Yes, put it in full-auto mode and it'll be another point-n-shoot digital camera.

    Plus there's no need to buy extra lens adapter to attach add-on filters or lens...there's a 49mm thread on the lens barrel...u can screw on any 49mm filter or lens directly.

    Even if the thread size is not right...u can always get a step up/down ring.

    The only shortcoming of the C-2100uz is the external flash system.

    U have to get a mounting bracket, flash sync cable, and the very expensive (but excellent) Olympus flash to extend ur flash range beyond the in-built pop-up flash range of 5m.

    Anyway, don't worry too much abt this pt.....the pop-up flash is typical of all DCs......can handle most situatons well.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Riddle Realms
    Posts
    5,688

    Default

    Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess i have made up my mind after fiddling around with the C700UZ.

    I'll be getting it soon so i'll look out for the next time when you get have a day out to go photo taking and i'll pick up even more pointers from everyone.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

  13. #13
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess i have made up my mind after fiddling around with the C700UZ.

    I'll be getting it soon so i'll look out for the next time when you get have a day out to go photo taking and i'll pick up even more pointers from everyone.
    congrats on your decision. I hope u have done thorough comparisons on the different DCs

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Hougang, SG
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Well, thanks for all the advice. I guess i have made up my mind after fiddling around with the C700UZ.

    I'll be getting it soon so i'll look out for the next time when you get have a day out to go photo taking and i'll pick up even more pointers from everyone.
    Inform me when u got the DC...I'll update ur name in the List of Olympians....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •