Thread: Photographers take care

Deregistered

Default Photographers take care

Just want to share an experience I had ...

Lately I have been contacted via MSN by someone claiming to be models I have worked with before ... and each time this person would ask me to share some photos with her .. either of shoots of the model or shoots with other people ..

First time it occurred with the model's very own MSN account ... the second is with an account similar to the model's own... complete with profile pic and link to the model's portfolio page ...

Each time it occurred, I asked for separate verification and the person goes offline immediately ..

So photographers, please be careful of sharing photos via MSN, please ask for separate verification. either via webcam, identify the model, or call or SMS the model immediately for verification ... before you send any photos or share any photos ...

Deregistered

Default Re: Photographers take care

Just want to further clarify ... in both cases the actual model isn't the person I was talking to in MSN ....

Another similar scam is this "model" will ask to see more pictures before she will commit to shoot. One of such is using the DanlyNg nick on MM, and this email on MM - DanlyNg_hinlim@hotmail.com.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

hoping for nudie freebies?

these people sink lower and lower each day.. next they will cross dress to try to pretend to be the model

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    .... next they will cross dress to try to pretend to be the model
    and get paid more than XMM for it.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    hoping for nudie freebies?

these people sink lower and lower each day.. next they will cross dress to try to pretend to be the model
    Lol, market not really picking up mah, so he have no money to support his beloved XMM photoshoot. He must had miss her so much to go down so low.

Quote Originally Posted by simonfan View Post
    Lately I have been contacted via MSN by someone claiming to be models I have worked with before ... and each time this person would ask me to share some photos with her .. either of shoots of the model or shoots with other people ..
    Shoot landscape, insects, cats, dogs, aunties, buildings etc. And no one will ever bothers you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Shoot landscape, insects, cats, dogs, aunties, buildings etc. And no one will ever bothers you again.
    that is a tad too bored.. but can do also

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    shoot buildings instantly bugged by security guard, even at my own place.

Blog Entries

seems like got scams going around lately.

i just received a message from a person who claims to be interested in collaborating with me for photography business on clubsnap. i replied. not sure if it could be a scam but tat guy has 0post count, also he doesnt seem too enthu.

wad u think?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    seems like got scams going around lately.

i just received a message from a person who claims to be interested in collaborating with me for photography business on clubsnap. i replied. not sure if it could be a scam but tat guy has 0post count, also he doesnt seem too enthu.

wad u think?
    Ask him to email you full details of business proposal lor.

Blog Entries

well. been asking. for details like wads their inventory, equipments, photo of their own studio, number of members each one doing wad role. etc etc. u know. the usual info.

yet all i get is pretty much... slow lag replys with er. loads of change of topic. like i ask inventory just ans vaguely with, fwe got a few flashes and cameras. and we using velvet cloth as background.

which kinda makes me doubtful. ~~ cause i ask for photos theysay they dun have.

weird huh

and they ask me go down visit their studio bringing along my equipment.

now TAT is suspicious