Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

have you ever stopped to consider that the model is a coconut who just anyhow mix up agencies?

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    yea. now lets wait to see how this thing ends lor. if ts thinks dun wanna call police we also cannot force him. its his company and his choice. we can only advice~~
    Then we allow an avenue of abuse, whereby anyone Tom Dick or Harry can post and discredit anyone. I am not defending any Edwin, just sick of this type of postings.

../azul123

Blog Entries

TS dunno? that is why it is hearsay.

../azul123
    hmm. but it involves his company. and a very angry mr T.
    just having this incident is going to discredit his company a lot. imagine mr T goes around to tell everyone. tats quite a lot of damage.

ALSO. he didnt announce mr T name. what is there to discredit anyone? is the mr t dun give name. ~~

i think its other way around. T discrediting him. T is a scam. T is a victim. either way go police.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 30th December 2009 at 11:16 AM.

just having this incident is going to discredit his company a lot. imagine mr T goes around to tell everyone. tats quite a lot of damage.
    As I said they in a dirty business, let's say if I am Edwin's enemy and at the same time I am TS enemy too as there are several operators as you can see in the photoshoots we have here. I managed to get hold of TS mobile number as that is easy bcos models go form one agency to another.

Wala! see what's happening? why do we even bother to give them an avenue to post these types of thing... go report police lah.

It is like CS is a white board for those people to spray O$P$ conveniently.

../azul123

ALSO. he didnt announce mr T name. what is there to discredit anyone? is the mr t dun give name. ~~

i think its other way around. T discrediting him. T is a scam. T is a victim. either way go police.
    Walau eh... go read again lah, why then Edwin's name came about.

../azul123

Blog Entries

maybe. just hope the ts gets back to us. we can only guess. it might be right it might be wrong.

point being he isnt directing at any one. he didnt name a specific guy. infact the edwin if u read properly in the first original post, isnt even comfirmed. i think the T said something like. not edwin? edward then.

and i quote
    T: hi kirk, hows bizzzz, just got back from kl. like to meet with edward please. thank yo'
    My reply: We do not have any person called Edward with us.
    T: i meen edwin your boss
    My reply: Who is Edwin and why does he claim to be the owner of Perspectives?
    not much details were obtained. and not much were shared. and there isnt a o$p$. he didnt say which company did it, or wadeva. rather he said: SOMEONE USED MY COMPANY NAME TO DO SUCH STUFF.

its a big difference from ur senario. urs u need to 1: know the company u wanna accuse and announce it to us.
    2: annouce the model name.
    3:bash him a lot.

but what ts did was : post part of the email, said watch out for this scams which i take as a general advice, and asked for help on what to do. he didnt say er. this opposing company is nt good.

u get the idea.

and i quote again
    Anyway the most important thing now is to spread the message that there are imposters out there who claim to be from a company and are going around scamming talents. Anyone who meet such people are advised to check with the company if you suspect something amiss. Representatives of companies should have namecards with them and the namecards should have the names of the companies and contact numbers. Match the names and contact numbers against the ones in thegreenbook or yellowpages and even try google the official websites. There are probably many legitimate companies being victimised by these conmen.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 30th December 2009 at 11:29 AM.

point being he isnt directing at any one. he didnt name a specific guy. infact the edwin if u read properly in the first original post, isnt even comfirmed. i think the T said something like. not edwin? edward then.
    Exactly my point. Now go see the Thread heading!! Fraudster named Edwin, now that is a serious allegation if TS cannot back that with proof, luckily it is just Edwin, so not must harm, but CS community has this memory of a certain Edwin who has done somethings not very good with models.

../azul123
    Last edited by azul123; 30th December 2009 at 12:46 PM.

What I am saying in case you miss it is why give them an avenue to fight here, if TS company is malligned go report to police and show T's SMS whatever not do it here lah! if not later there is going to be a tit for tat response.

../azul123

Unless there is clear statement like... I got an SMS from model Ms. Shirley Lee (example) saying the Edwin XX a photographer with nick in CS as (xxxx) else don't post it.

../azul123

Blog Entries

well. he can just change the name later ~~ if it was me i'll put edwin too. cause the email said edwin of perspective models as the last one LOL

this one is share with us lar. wad is kopitiam for ~~ share experiences and raise awareness lar. he only give advice so far lah. see. all nice advice like pls check ur cards company numbers etc.

and i doubt it would be turned to a tit for tat thread. so relax a bit. ~~

infact i learnt a lot from this. cause i also starting out as small business soon. wanna pick up all this nitty gritty experience from other ppl.

well. he can just change the name later ~~ if it was me i'll put edwin too. cause the email said edwin of perspective models as the last one LOL

this one is share with us lar. wad is kopitiam for ~~ share experiences and raise awareness lar. he only give advice so far lah. see. all nice advice like pls check ur cards company numbers etc.

and i doubt it would be turned to a tit for tat thread. so relax a bit. ~~

infact i learnt a lot from this. cause i also starting out as small business soon. wanna pick up all this nitty gritty experience from other ppl.
    How old are you by the way? you seem to be missing the gist of the issue. Share when there is clear evidence is good... but T is who? sure or not? Edwin who? sure or not? maybe just to create free publicity, enough said.

if you cannot understand, I guess you will not understand... good luck on your business endeavour!

../azul123

Blog Entries

get wad u mean. aiya. just let this matter rest. until the ts finishes the issue wadeva we just said was pointless.

hope he resolves and shows his er. answers.

If this is him, the TS ought to be scared.

have you ever stopped to consider that the model is a coconut who just anyhow mix up agencies?
    Maybe. There is also the possibility of a real scam so err on the safe side and inform everyone to be wary of fraudsters.

get wad u mean. aiya. just let this matter rest. until the ts finishes the issue wadeva we just said was pointless.
    hope he resolves and shows his er. answers.
    Not posting up the talent's full name is out of respect for his privacy since the main subject in this post is not him but the guy who is making use of the company name. Since you asked for some form of identification for the talent rather than an acronym, his first name is Tommy, a male american talent in his 50s.

My intention of posting is to make people aware that imposter scams exists and everyone should be careful. Not just talents but photographers also. What if someone claims to be from a company, gives a photographer a deal, the photographer does the job and does not get paid?

Secondly CS is the largest forum of Singaporean photographers and most likely that this Edwin is here. If he is indeed here in CS, and if Edwin thinks Tommy had made a mistake of thinking he is from my company, then by all means he should come forward, clear his own name AND contact Tommy. All this happened because this Tommy was unable to contact Edwin and emailed me. If Edwin has nothing to hide, he should come forward and clarify everything.

Now if Tommy did not make a mistake, then Edwin should stop all his actions in masquerading as being a representative of my company ! Our preference is not to report this matter to the police and give this Edwin a chance to repent. If he continues to use our name further, then we have no choice but to report this matter to the police.
    Last edited by kirk; 30th December 2009 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Not posting up the talent's full name is out of respect for his privacy since the main subject in this post is not him but the guy who is making use of the company name. Since you asked for some form of identification for the talent rather than an acronym, his first name is Tommy, a male american talent in his 50s.

My intention of posting is to make people aware that imposter scams exists and everyone should be careful. Not just talents but photographers also. What if someone claims to be from a company, gives a photographer a deal, the photographer does the job and does not get paid?

Secondly CS is the largest forum of Singaporean photographers and most likely that this Edwin is here. If he is indeed here in CS, and if Edwin thinks Tommy had made a mistake of thinking he is from my company, then by all means he should come forward, clear his own name AND contact Tommy. All this happened because this Tommy was unable to contact Edwin and emailed me. If Edwin has nothing to hide, he should come forward and clarify everything.

Now if Tommy did not make a mistake, then Edwin should stop all his actions in masquerading as being a representative of my company ! Our preference is not to report this matter to the police and give this Edwin a chance to repent. If he continues to use our name further, then we have no choice but to report this matter to the police.
    What I would say is, don't be a nice guy go ahead and get the police involved as Edwin has fraudulently used your company to scam others as you state, let Edwin explain to the police. Do it.. Do it!!

Then we will have less of this type of thing happening.

../azul123

Don't give him chance to repent!! best way to kill a snake is chop of his head. Do it... do it now!!!

../azul123

really devil's advocate sia .... another lesson we draw from here is not to do wrong to azul123 else he will show no mercy.

I'm inclined towards it but the sole witness thus far is Tommy who is uncooperative. I need to see if there are more people who had been scammed by Edwin so that they can also become witnesses. On the other hand, I'm sure everyone wants to have a chance to repent when they make mistakes. Prisons, fines and damages are punitive measures to make lessons painful enough such that law breakers will think twice before doing evil deeds again. Sometimes the punitive measures don't work on hardcore offenders and they commit the same offence again, get caught and get hit with even harsher measures. Before getting to that stage of prisons, fines and damages, why not let offenders realise they had done wrong and let them repent. If really hardcore cannot repent then we report to police and let them handle the case. After this Edwin fiasco, the next one to use the company name illegally will not be given any chances.

So everyone reading this should be careful when negotiating deals nowadays. Make sure the guy you are dealing with is REALLY an official representative from whichever company.
    Last edited by kirk; 31st December 2009 at 12:21 AM.

Blog Entries

well. ur emails could act as evidence. tats for one. another is tat hopefully after u reported to police they could help u faster track edwin. getting officials involved beats telling us all these. for one, we cant do anything. infact we would prefer if u would bring in the officers. ur tommy guy doesnt have to be cooperative once u get the police involved ~~ i mean. face it. u get a uniformed fellow right at ur gates, u would probably be babbling everything out already. dun need so nice to tat tommy. i see his attitude so cmi. just police mata handle can liao ~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12