Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38

Thread: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

  1. #1
    Member kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La la Land
    Posts
    732

    Angry Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Today I got an email from a male talent (let's call him T) who said that a photographer called Edwin claimed to be the boss of Perspectives Models and this guy did a shoot with the photographer.

    This Edwin guy is a fraud as I own and operate Perspectives Models and I'm the only one who takes the photos. I'm trying to track down who is this person making use of our agency name to conduct shoots.

    Below are extracts from exchanges of emails I had with T. Subject title of the emails was "deal".
    T: hi kirk, hows bizzzz, just got back from kl. like to meet with edward please. thank yo'
    My reply: We do not have any person called Edward with us.
    T: i meen edwin your boss
    My reply: Who is Edwin and why does he claim to be the owner of Perspectives?
    If you are speaking the truth, then he is a fraud and carrying out fraudulent transactions. Please provide more information regarding the deal that he is making apparently in Perspectives' name. I own and operate Perspectives Models Pte Ltd, which is registered with the government of Singapore, under my name. We will seek legal advice on how to stop his activities to prevent further use of the agency name for his illegal activities.
    T: he is the ****ing guy that took the picktures of me
    My reply: Let me get this correct. You did a shoot with a guy called Edwin who claimed to be the boss of Perspectives Models and now you are unable to contact him?
    How did you get in contact with him previously? Any email and contact number?
    What deal did you reach with this guy? You probably need to make a police report and get the help of the police to find him.
    T: look guys donot email me or phone . leave me along...you and thoes english can **** off.
    T: why dont you come talk you ****ing punk


    So at the end of this all fiasco, we got flack for something that we never did and suffered damage to our reputation. I wonder how many talents were also conned by this Edwin guy !

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Today I got an email from a male talent (let's call him T) who said that a photographer called Edwin claimed to be the boss of Perspectives Models and this guy did a shoot with the photographer.

    This Edwin guy is a fraud as I own and operate Perspectives Models and I'm the only one who takes the photos. I'm trying to track down who is this person making use of our agency name to conduct shoots.

    Below are extracts from exchanges of emails I had with T. Subject title of the emails was "deal".
    T: hi kirk, hows bizzzz, just got back from kl. like to meet with edward please. thank yo'
    My reply: We do not have any person called Edward with us.
    T: i meen edwin your boss
    My reply: Who is Edwin and why does he claim to be the owner of Perspectives?
    If you are speaking the truth, then he is a fraud and carrying out fraudulent transactions. Please provide more information regarding the deal that he is making apparently in Perspectives' name. I own and operate Perspectives Models Pte Ltd, which is registered with the government of Singapore, under my name. We will seek legal advice on how to stop his activities to prevent further use of the agency name for his illegal activities.
    T: he is the ****ing guy that took the picktures of me
    My reply: Let me get this correct. You did a shoot with a guy called Edwin who claimed to be the boss of Perspectives Models and now you are unable to contact him?
    How did you get in contact with him previously? Any email and contact number?
    What deal did you reach with this guy? You probably need to make a police report and get the help of the police to find him.
    T: look guys donot email me or phone . leave me along...you and thoes english can **** off.
    T: why dont you come talk you ****ing punk


    So at the end of this all fiasco, we got flack for something that we never did and suffered damage to our reputation. I wonder how many talents were also conned by this Edwin guy !
    This is pretty bad and not the first or last time this will happen in the industry. It's a global issue.

    Sadly I feel you've approached T in the wrong way. Rather than pi$$ing him off you should have been far more sympathetic and invited him down to the office for a chat and then got the information out of him in a really friendly manner. It's not T's fault and he is the one person who can provide you with information and possible contact information. Tact in cases like this is the most important thing.

    Good luck in tracking the imposter down...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    the same edwin in CS?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #4
    Member kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La la Land
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Maybe the tone of my email was too questioning and unemotional. Hard habit to crack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    the same edwin in CS?
    I have no idea which edwin but he must have contacted the talent somehow. I'm posting this so that people who might be affected, such as talents and photographers, will be aware of such a person. This should make everyone more careful when they deal with people who claim to represent a company.

    And if this edwin who perpetuated the act is indeed in CS, I intend to let everyone know so that he cannot continue with his scam.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Maybe the tone of my email was too questioning and unemotional. Hard habit to crack.



    I have no idea which edwin but he must have contacted the talent somehow. I'm posting this so that people who might be affected, such as talents and photographers, will be aware of such a person. This should make everyone more careful when they deal with people who claim to represent a company.

    And if this edwin who perpetuated the act is indeed in CS, I intend to let everyone know so that he cannot continue with his scam.
    I doubt if it's Edwin T** .. he's not the sort of guy who'd do this. I'd hazard a guess that the name "Ediwn" may even be a fake. Time to email the model and ask him down to your office for a friendly chat. Loosing a bit of face might just help you track down the sod who's doing this.

    Oh, make the email friendly .. in cases like this a little bit of sympathy goes a long way with the model who's been tricked.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    There has been a previous CS organiser by the name of Edwin as well.

    Some say he has been known for unscruptulous methods and has been banned previously.

    Might it be the same Edwin? Though he deals with female models.

  7. #7
    Member kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La la Land
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I doubt if it's Edwin T** .. he's not the sort of guy who'd do this. I'd hazard a guess that the name "Ediwn" may even be a fake. Time to email the model and ask him down to your office for a friendly chat. Loosing a bit of face might just help you track down the sod who's doing this.

    Oh, make the email friendly .. in cases like this a little bit of sympathy goes a long way with the model who's been tricked.
    Basically I'm hitting the wall with him. I've been trying to get more details but he's not providing any. As you can see in the extract, in his email, he said not to email or phone him anymore then in the next email he said to call him to talk. So the next thing I did before I posted in CS was to give him a call and try to talk nicely to him to find out what actually happened. He voiced scepticism, muttered profanities and hung up abruptly. Putting in forums, discussion boards and facebook is a last resort.

    Maybe its another agency with a guy named Edwin and he got mixed up?

    Anyway the most important thing now is to spread the message that there are imposters out there who claim to be from a company and are going around scamming talents. Anyone who meet such people are advised to check with the company if you suspect something amiss. Representatives of companies should have namecards with them and the namecards should have the names of the companies and contact numbers. Match the names and contact numbers against the ones in thegreenbook or yellowpages and even try google the official websites. There are probably many legitimate companies being victimised by these conmen.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by kirk View Post
    Basically I'm hitting the wall with him. I've been trying to get more details but he's not providing any. As you can see in the extract, in his email, he said not to email or phone him anymore then in the next email he said to call him to talk. So the next thing I did before I posted in CS was to give him a call and try to talk nicely to him to find out what actually happened. He voiced scepticism, muttered profanities and hung up abruptly. Putting in forums, discussion boards and facebook is a last resort.

    Maybe its another agency with a guy named Edwin and he got mixed up?

    Anyway the most important thing now is to spread the message that there are imposters out there who claim to be from a company and are going around scamming talents. Anyone who meet such people are advised to check with the company if you suspect something amiss. Representatives of companies should have namecards with them and the namecards should have the names of the companies and contact numbers. Match the names and contact numbers against the ones in thegreenbook or yellowpages and even try google the official websites. There are probably many legitimate companies being victimised by these conmen.

    maybe "T" is conning you instead? getting u all worked up for nothing?

    if no solid evidence is forthcoming, take it with a pinch of salt and move on.

  9. #9
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    hold on. do u have T's name? u might be up with a conster or something.

    if u reveal his name to a few of the older clubsnappers they might have an idea who u are dealing with.

    also i suggest u do a police report. it is against copy right law to use ur company name. u can basically sue tat eric guy of fraud and make his pants drop off.

    or even better. tat T is a scam. he gets arrested. happy day for all of us ~~

    oh yes. post this in photo biz section. it would help a lot.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 29th December 2009 at 09:10 PM.

  10. #10
    Member kirk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La la Land
    Posts
    732

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    maybe "T" is conning you instead? getting u all worked up for nothing?

    if no solid evidence is forthcoming, take it with a pinch of salt and move on.
    Maybe but in such a scenario, it is better for us to err on the safe side and spread the message that everyone got to be careful when dealing with people.

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart
    hold on. do u have T's name? u might be up with a conster or something.
    Unfortunately don't have.....

    Maybe the moderator can help to move this to the photo biz section?
    Last edited by kirk; 30th December 2009 at 12:51 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    I just read thru this thread.. aiyah, everything posted is also hearsay only... why move to photo biz section? should just close it. You claim this Edwin person is making use of your company and if I play a devil's advocate, the Edwin fellow can claim you started this thread to discredit him. So unless you have proof or provide the details of the person who had SMS you, then you should just close this thread.

    Seems like this business you are in has alot of dirty tactics. Sick of reading such postings.

    ../azul123

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Pacman's Corner
    Posts
    406

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    I just read thru this thread.. aiyah, everything posted is also hearsay only... why move to photo biz section? should just close it. You claim this Edwin person is making use of your company and if I play a devil's advocate, the Edwin fellow can claim you started this thread to discredit him. So unless you have proof or provide the details of the person who had SMS you, then you should just close this thread.

    Seems like this business you are in has alot of dirty tactics. Sick of reading such postings.

    ../azul123

    I agree. The TS's conversation with T is very vague. And who the heck is T anyway?

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Maybe the model himself is a fake.

  14. #14
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    nono.
    azul123, what we are suggesting is to do a police report.
    if the TS has T's number. cause he isnt discrediting T, rather he is trying to find the fraudster Edwin to give back T his pay. i think its reasonable. seeing he could just brush off and dun care. imo i think he is responsible. this is certainly not hearsay i believe. but rather a real senario dealing with scams and a lot of hurt reputation.

    TS, just drop tat T an sms for his name and say ur gona make a police report. and just make tat police report.

    since u have his number, asking the police to track him down is also a good idea. this is not just a simple case of i scam u u scam me. there is reputation at stake. u could literally sue tat edwin/fake model/wadeva till his pants drop.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 30th December 2009 at 11:02 AM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    nono.
    azul123, what we are suggesting is to do a police report.
    if the TS has T's number. cause he isnt discrediting T, rather he is trying to find the fraudster Edwin to give back T his pay. i think its reasonable. seeing he could just brush off and dun care. imo i think he is responsible. this is certainly not hearsay i believe. but rather a real senario dealing with scams and a lot of hurt reputation.

    TS, just drop tat T an sms for his name and say ur gona make a police report. and just make tat police report.

    since u have his number, asking the police to track him down is also a good idea. this is not just a simple case of i scam u u scam me. there is reputation at stake. u could literally sue tat edwin/fake model/wadeva till his pants drop.
    Ok, then TS should go do it tell T that he is taking is SMS to police and it should be in police hands. Posting here is like trying to discredit someone by taking a 3rd party info.

    ../azul123

  16. #16
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Another thing how many Edwin's are there? Lee Tan Cheng Heng Meng Teo etc.. etc... not even have surname.

    ../azul123

  17. #17
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    well. he is as he said already, raising awareness tat there is this kind of stuff going around asking us to be careful.
    kinda nice of him actually.

    go to the police. and fast.

    also its the model tat claimed its an edwin. thats why TS dunno. but the general gist we got it though

  18. #18
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    I think enough lah, take your fights elsewhere. Go report police lah.

    ../azul123

  19. #19
    Senior Member azul123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Eastern Bloc
    Posts
    2,776

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    well. he is as he said already, raising awareness tat there is this kind of stuff going around asking us to be careful.
    kinda nice of him actually.

    go to the police. and fast.

    also its the model tat claimed its an edwin. thats why TS dunno. but the general gist we got it though
    TS dunno? that is why it is hearsay.

    ../azul123

  20. #20
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Tracking down a fraudster named Edwin

    yea. now lets wait to see how this thing ends lor. if ts thinks dun wanna call police we also cannot force him. its his company and his choice. we can only advice~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •