Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dentist with reasonable prices

Default Re: Dentist with reasonable prices

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    A long time ago, parents would say that if a student studying medicine can't make the grade, he may end up being a dentist and smell stinky mouth.

That was just a myth.

I am akin to believe modern dentist make much more than GP with their over rated clinical treatment rates.

I won't consider them a surgeon when they are just filling the cleaned cavity.

The consortium supports high fees. Its only a matter of time someone smart will do budget dentistry and by then, we may see prices scaling downward with stiff competition.

Believe it or not, there was a man who paid sgd$600 to just clean his teeth at international plaza. I think the tooks must be real sophisticated and probably made of gold.

At tanjong pagar, I paid $300 to remove a molar. Simply plug and throw process but the phaggot dentist made the who session so drama that I wanted to kick his balls..
    Your point in Blue
    Haha... yes, I totally agree with you on this.

Your point in Red
    Hmmm... you must be more than a little upset to have wanted to do this.
    There are different target audiences for the same service. An analogy like this:
    1. Chicken rice at hawker centre $3, Chicken rice at Mandarin Hotel at $16.
    2. Normal taxi at $15, and MaxiCab taxi at $45.
    3. Neighbourhood Spa at $65 for 90minutes, $250 at Amara Spa.
    Hehe.....
    Last edited by limwhow; 6th January 2010 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    A long time ago, parents would say that if a student studying medicine can't make the grade, he may end up being a dentist and smell stinky mouth.

That was just a myth.

I am akin to believe modern dentist make much more than GP with their over rated clinical treatment rates.

I won't consider them a surgeon when they are just filling the cleaned cavity.

The consortium supports high fees. Its only a matter of time someone smart will do budget dentistry and by then, we may see prices scaling downward with stiff competition.

Believe it or not, there was a man who paid sgd$600 to just clean his teeth at international plaza. I think the tooks must be real sophisticated and probably made of gold.

At tanjong pagar, I paid $300 to remove a molar. Simply plug and throw process but the phaggot dentist made the who session so drama that I wanted to kick his balls..
    the GP nowadays dun make much. Most laugh if they can rake in 10K profit a month. Remember, these folks do not have CPF, so 10K isn't a lot. Do you know the average GP makes 10K a mth per latest survey in 2006 and this value is the same as the last survey done in 1996?? Ten years ago, i think 10K is a lot when kopi cost $0.5. Nowadays kopi cost $0.9 and they still earn 10k. Even wedding photographer's pay have progressed along the way.

Fact is, we have funny complains..you all can splurge thousands on a macro lens to maybe just use the lens once a month, but balk at paying $30 to have your teeth checked?
    Yea, wait until all your teeth started feeling painful and u got to spend thousands on implants...tat's when these dentist will be laughing their way to the bank.
    dun be dumb. do the cost analysis. $30 per year or 3K?

Thanks to those with helpful comments. Guess I will check out the NTUC dentists soon.

i got a tooth which my dentist says need root canal..

recently i told him a part chipped off from my tooth, dentist told me : oh, i took out the hard part during your appt (ie, 2 weeks ago)... wah laoooo..

i need 2nd opinion.. any doc to recommend
    蓮花仙子

Quote Originally Posted by TMC View Post
    Thanks to those with helpful comments. Guess I will check out the NTUC dentists soon.
    Ohhh... really really so sorry, TMC. OT-ed so much on your thread.
    Please allow me to recommend my Dentist. She treats and takes care of my whole family, and she is very good, and she is very reasonable.

Clinic is called: Le MinT Dental at Upper East Coast Road. Dr Lee Fuen Fuen.
    If you stay around you could give her a try. Let me know, I will PM you her contacts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12