Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: (Crossing Bridges ONE ) Indonesia combined regional photo forums shoot - May 2004

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lauLEE
    Hi ed

I may be able to go there by myself (dates unable to confirm now) and can I join the group if i am able to be there? Thanks.
    ok I really have no problem with that.....that means u make ur own arrangements including local transport and hotel because the bus is currently full. Meals mostly pay our own. PM me 2 discuss.

The reason why I'm keeping the group to 15 is because its manageable and the bus has a fixed seating capacity (currently full).......most importantly, I wanna have fun too shooting and not play shepard for 4 days looking after wandering/lost/injured sheep. ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    ok I really have no problem with that.....that means u make ur own arrangements including local transport and hotel because the bus is currently full. Meals mostly pay our own. PM me 2 discuss.

The reason why I'm keeping the group to 15 is because its manageable and the bus has a fixed seating capacity (currently full).......most importantly, I wanna have fun too shooting and not play shepard for 4 days looking after wandering/lost/injured sheep. ha ha!
    Thanks a lot ... probably i will go to Semarang for a day or two and after that will go to join you ppl there for the shoots. Hopefully my principal will let me have his driver and his car. Maybe i will pm you at a nearer date.
    always the Light, .... always.

Blog Entries

.....no catwalk models for u to shoot in Yogja y'know......hee hee hee

Blog Entries

A quick post to say Bon Voyage to those that are going for this great trip (and once again, thanks to Ed9119 for organising).

Hope you all have a safe and memorable journey and remember to bring back cards-full of images to share with us.

Blog Entries

hey thanks Darren for the good wishes.

The group is hyped and raring to go.

We have
    Larry,
    SebestianSong,
    Jasphotography,
    ahlay,
    Ruel,
    Binbeto,
    Seeker,
    Willyfoo,
    Czeyang,
    Lavenderliz,
    Daniell,
    JeffRyan,
    AlexFong,
    one lady who wishes to remain anonymous and
    Wubin from Grain Magazine.

Our Indonesian counterpart has prepared a great write up on the sites we are visiting here....no need to login.

http://www.fotografer.net/isi/artikel/lihat.php?id=200

ed

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    The group is hyped and raring to go.
    yeah man, hyped up and raring to go. now to go back and start packing...

kudos to Ed & his Indo counterparts for taking so much time and effort to make sure everything is planned out properly...

Blog Entries

ok....who's shooting Canon digital? I might bring along the 1Ds body for u to try out.

ed

Blog Entries

We just got back yesterday......EVERYONE was totally exhausted but....

Thanks so much to the group members for making these 4 days a totally HILARIOUS time despite the very few hours of sleep we managed to squeeze in.

We got great images and stories to share. Willy Foo will be putting up a seperate thread for the images, situations, and poignant moments during these 4 great days of beautiful weather

ed
    Last edited by ed9119; 24th May 2004 at 11:04 AM.

Blog Entries

Thnx Ed for organising this trip. It was definitely an eye opener to the generous hospitality of our Indonesian hosts and their passion for photography. Photographers driven by love of the craft rather than an obsession on which is the better camera.

Blog Entries

To avoid duplication...

a thread was started in offstone to document stories and images from the trip

Central Java Trip - Collection of Images and Stories

do check the thread from time to time for updates.

Blog Entries

Default Closing Words

Some closing words....

Immediately, I must thank EVERYONE on this trip for going with open mind and eyes

There is a very distinct difference in the way the Indonesians shoot compared to the Singapore group. The Indonesian images that were shown nightly during photo sharing (and I'm impressed, they came armed with laptops and LCD projector) were very salon, beautiful images .... and seems like digital infrared was quite prevalent...... lots of breathtaking images. Our group's style was generally more abstractish and open to interpretations.

For example, while moving from one locale to another on the bus....a couple of the Indonesians were already powering up their laptops and downloading/going through their works and busy touching up images..... these people are obsessed

It was very very good to see Singaporeans and Indonesians mixing around throughout the trip. One of my fears was that nobody would mingle around and stay in their own seperate 'camps' . Nothing like this happened.... so heartwarming to see the Singaporeans 'spread' out mingling and hanging out with the Indonesians during shoots, meals, get-togethers and at the couple of pubs (beer time) for the whole trip!

They didnt get some of our lup sup jokes, and we didnt get some of their local jokes and so we learnt more about one another that way.

I believe we all came back wiser, with many new friendships forged and a better understanding of the situation in Indonesia ..... which is much safer and definitely friendlier than the international press makes it out to be..... and our 3 lady photographers (Ulyss, Lavenderlilz and Ahlay) 2 of whom actually extended their stays, came back in one piece.

Next stop ...... Thailand year end ......anyone keen? These guys eat chilli like nobody business!

ed

p/s Hoping to rope in reps from the Malaysian and Philippine photo forums this time. If anyone can hook me up with the Thai forum, please advise me.... so far it seems only pantip.com is the online gathering ground for Thai photographers (and its a general Thai online village that represents so many other interests outside of photography)
    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd June 2004 at 11:10 PM.

Hey Ed, talked to the Filipino egroups already... everyone's keen on next year so do keep us updated

Blog Entries

alright .....rocking! Kop Kun Kaap Mak Mak!
    Last edited by ed9119; 3rd June 2004 at 05:34 PM.

Default Looks like fun!!

Hi guys

Just wanted to say some of the pictures are really good and it shows off the skills and styles of the different photographers.

Also, i am really envy of you guys able to take the photos of Boroburdur! I wanted to visit the place since abt 10 years ago seeing images of the place on a magazine!

Cheers and continue happy snapping!

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Crossing Bridges ONE ) Indonesia combined regional photo forums shoot - May 2004

cant believe this was so long ago .....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

Default Re: (Crossing Bridges ONE ) Indonesia combined regional photo forums shoot - May 2004

how times have changed..... fotografer.net had 14,000 members in 2004 .... they are up to 415,000 members as of 2012
    Walkeast

Blog Entries

candid images of CB1 can be found here

http://gallery.clubsnap.com/showphot...190072&cat=878
    Last edited by ed9119; 28th April 2012 at 02:49 PM.
    Walkeast

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234