Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please guide me, I'm a newbie

Blog Entries

Default Re: Please guide me, I'm a newbie

just because i suspect, does not mean i anyhow serve infractions or close threads

Blog Entries

hold it. u guys arent getting the point. our friendly ts hasnt even seen the photos taken with those supposed settings.

now why are u all assuming tat the photos are nice?

cause commonsense tells u tat a 1 sec handheld shot in a dimmly lit restaurant is gonna screw u really hard. even with flash.

now pls. consider tat the photos arent even of "decent" quality. why are we even discussing how tat shot is possible/ if tat photographer is pro?

cause he isnt. i'll bet my signboard on it.

dun believe see this.

I wonder why, but he looks reallly pro with his equipment so I think he must be right.
    shoot the esplanade with build-in flash light hand-held; turn right, shoot the flyer with flash hand held; turn around, shoot buildings with the same technique too
    After that he proclaims "Swee, very nice". I'm impressed. He is using the same camera as me. How does he hand hold for 1 sec? Is there something wrong with my technique?
    i think u all get wad i mean. TS didnt see the photos. and therefore this is a total waste of time. cause i comfirm plus chop u tat u cant do tat. the photos will just screw up.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 29th December 2009 at 01:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    It's sometimes appalling to see how many people on the streets have a DSLR hanging on their necks. Some of these equipment are not cheap. I've seen a young dude barely 20 having a D3 with SSM in Orchard and on another ocassion a young lass with a 5D coupled with L at Padan before.

While I have no issue (ie. non of my business) to be bothered what people wants to do with their lives, I do get irritated by some of their specific behaviors.

Shooting streets and candids are perfectly fine, but these folks need to understand that the normal people who hangs out would appreciate some social grace.

Examples of anti-social behaviours by people with cameras (at least in Singapore):

1. Causing obstruction at major walk-paths;
    2. Creating unnecessary noise, commotion and attention (especially when shooting their friends or amateur models);
    3. Hogging locations and not giving others (even those without a camera) to have a view of a place;
    4. Bragging loudly and publicly about how he or she is about or had taken the shot on location;
    5. Stalking and tailing other photographers;
    6. Trying to teach their friends (incl. boy/girlfriends) how to shoot a picture loudly and perhaps with flawed ideas;
    7. Shooting people in public in paparazzi style; and
    8. Giving the general public the rude (chin-up) look.

While it puzzles me where these folks got all the monies to burn for pride and self-esteem, what puzzles me even more is what is there to achieve other than that.

Sometimes I wished the crime rates on the streets are higher which will make people more cautious with their prize of pride that makes them behave less irritatable to the civil public.

At the end of the day, it is the image that matters, regardless of what was used- even if it's not by a camera.

Have you notice that the phenomenon of people posting photos online and immediately locking their threads to prevent comments or further communication? What does that say about the author of the photos posted?
    it says they arent proud of their photos? or just too stuck up always thinking they are "professional-photographers-i-already-know-everythinhg-pwns-u"

~~. no learning attitude? no matter how pro u are we'll just climb over ur head. cause u wont improve. yet all of us who wanna improve will and overtake u

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    cause commonsense tells u tat a 1 sec handheld shot in a dimmly lit restaurant is gonna screw u really hard. even with flash.
    Not if you turn the chair around and put your chin on it, then you hook both of your feet around the table legs and rest your elbows in two bowls on the table.

You'll get a 1 second perfectly exposed sharp photo. Don't believe can try it in a restaurant next time.

Blog Entries

and ur models dun need breathe their chest dun need move one ~~

and u look like a freaggin octopus ~~

Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    7. Shooting people in public in paparazzi style; and
    I am sorry!
    I have been guilty of these and I do like taking pictures of other photographer or people taking photo.

Quote Originally Posted by aryanto View Post
    I am sorry!
    I have been guilty of these and I do like taking pictures of other photographer or people taking photo.

Hahaha... I mean the type when the subject is in a compromising position or already tip you off that they don't want their pictures taken (verbally or physically).
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

Blog Entries

why does that guy carry 2 monopods?

Blog Entries

cause he got 2 birding lenses that each one attaches to 1 pod ? easier and faster for ppl who wanna bird around.

or maybe one is a blind man walking stick. he is the legendary MANG XIA (blind ranger), who takes ur imba gg wth drop pants owns shots even though he is blind;D
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 30th December 2009 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    cause he got 2 birding lenses that each one attaches to 1 pod ? easier and faster for ppl who wanna bird around.

or maybe one is a blind man walking stick. he is the legendary MANG XIA (blind ranger), who takes ur imba gg wth drop pants owns shots even though he is blind;D
    dun play play with those 2 guys. one can sit on you until you cannot breath, the other one can make you run until you cannot breath. dont make them make you pick a choice.

Anyway those are olympus outing shot la, we borrow big big lense from olympus service center and the 2 guys are guarding the big lenses. One is 300mm f2.8 prime lense and the other is 90-250mm f2.8 (constant) lense.
    Last edited by aryanto; 30th December 2009 at 01:39 PM.

I am sorry!

i think u caught 1 of the CSer in this shot. can't fully confirm cause her face covered lah

I think after this thread, we can safely say that at least for a few weeks until another chap tries this stunt, we won't see these hypocritical and hyper-critical threads...

In summary:

If you see someone doing something which looks odd, ask him if it is something special, or help him/her out and make a new friend!
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    I think after this thread, we can safely say that at least for a few weeks until another chap tries this stunt, we won't see these hypocritical and hyper-critical threads...

In summary:

If you see someone doing something which looks odd, ask him if it is something special, or help him/her out and make a new friend!
    i'll definitely do tht if the person is a she

Quote Originally Posted by redname View Post
    i'll definitely do tht if the person is a she
    even when wrinkled and back curves rival the steam prawn?

i think u caught 1 of the CSer in this shot. can't fully confirm cause her face covered lah
    It will be even more LOL if she has my photo - collateral

HAHAA. The way u described your encounters are so funny!!!

I guess these are just normal things people would do when they are shooting? haha. play along with your camera. go for more shooting. practice make perfect!

even when wrinkled and back curves rival the steam prawn?
    tht one is called do charity. be kind to the old folks, respect them for their nvr say die attitude of learning

It will be even more LOL if she has my photo - collateral
    hahahaha, u wish ah. want chio bu take ur photo rite

hahahaha, u wish ah. want chio bu take ur photo rite
    She will put in trash bin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123