Point#2. Of course say "Swee " " Very nice"
What else to say if you are among 4 ladies
"Er... sorry.. screw up...again.. can hold for another 1sec a not"
2) You mean you can't hold your camera still for even 1 sec? You really are a newbie aren't you?
pt 1 : he is exercising his waist and fingers.
pt 2 : he is too shortsighted to notice the blurness on his LCD screen, he only called out to the ladies "swee"...
Oh u mean that you do not have the long-distance Javelin flash bulb with a GN of 5000 that you can replace the pop-up flash's bulb with ?
newbie is really newbie......... I can hand hold for 30sec with the proper qigong technique ........ I just convert it to BW and call the resulting image 'art'
1) You can actually if you want to have the far backgound lights captured as well as foreground if it is dark in front. Try this yourself open in the night. Set the high iso, low f-stop, speed 1/10 or slower with a dark bench in front and far end HDB flats. Make sure the far end comes out reasonable ok but your bench will still be dark since poor lighted. Now power up your flash but down the flash power to say -1.5. You now have a blur backend but sharp bench.
2) Possible but I cannot keep still at 1sec. Are you sure he actually waited 1sec or 0.5sec. It is normal to say 1sec instead of saying 1/2sec. But if you need to capture a very poor lit street plus the subject in front, you will mount the cam on tripod, test capture the street first (say 4sec). Then ask your subject not to move 4sec after the flash fires. Flash can only illuminate near end but not far light.
It's sometimes appalling to see how many people on the streets have a DSLR hanging on their necks. Some of these equipment are not cheap. I've seen a young dude barely 20 having a D3 with SSM in Orchard and on another ocassion a young lass with a 5D coupled with L at Padan before.
While I have no issue (ie. non of my business) to be bothered what people wants to do with their lives, I do get irritated by some of their specific behaviors.
Shooting streets and candids are perfectly fine, but these folks need to understand that the normal people who hangs out would appreciate some social grace.
Examples of anti-social behaviours by people with cameras (at least in Singapore):
1. Causing obstruction at major walk-paths;
2. Creating unnecessary noise, commotion and attention (especially when shooting their friends or amateur models);
3. Hogging locations and not giving others (even those without a camera) to have a view of a place;
4. Bragging loudly and publicly about how he or she is about or had taken the shot on location;
5. Stalking and tailing other photographers;
6. Trying to teach their friends (incl. boy/girlfriends) how to shoot a picture loudly and perhaps with flawed ideas;
7. Shooting people in public in paparazzi style; and
8. Giving the general public the rude (chin-up) look.
While it puzzles me where these folks got all the monies to burn for pride and self-esteem, what puzzles me even more is what is there to achieve other than that.
Sometimes I wished the crime rates on the streets are higher which will make people more cautious with their prize of pride that makes them behave less irritatable to the civil public.
At the end of the day, it is the image that matters, regardless of what was used- even if it's not by a camera.
Have you notice that the phenomenon of people posting photos online and immediately locking their threads to prevent comments or further communication? What does that say about the author of the photos posted?
Last edited by eyes; 29th December 2009 at 09:23 AM.
Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。
The 1 sec I guess he is not doing long exposure. He's using high iso to do continuous shoot. 1 sec maybe roughly more than 4 shots safe enough to get good pic. Maybe hor.. me newbie anyhow guess 1..
Im not a "free lunch" photographer
has the TS even saw the photos the photographers taken? ~~
sounds pretty bs to me leh. if according to ts he see those guys take photos, but DIDNT SEE THEIR PRODUCTS
well. i'll bet tat the photos are bs too
just because someone doesnt pixel peep like me and says the photo is swee, doesnt mean the photo must be swee right?
just because other people can afford to buy pro equipment does not mean that they know what they are doing.
just because other people can act like they know what they are doing does not mean that they actually know what they are doing
and lastly, only the image matters, enjoy taking pictures and don't worry about other peoples equipment or skills
this is y now i looking at 4/3 systems no one to complain if i'm spotted
dammm can only get GF1 cause a Olym EP must mount flash !!
i am quite puzzled too for part 2 , unless u tell me he has stabiliser in this camera or lens, with high ISO and big aperture values , then maybe is possible for 1 sec