Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Shd newbie get DSLR?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Don't need to swear lah... Ultimately, if your pictures are nice, no one would ask you whether the picture is in the original form, or if you have PSed it lor!
    Creativity juices , thats the important thing.
    Not everyone have it.

It's like "mojo" in Austin Powers.

Well, I guess the two pictures you'd gotten is already worth more than what you'd spend on the camera already! Don't just concentrate on the monetary value. Asthetic values are priceless!

Hey thanks alot (to The Cheat and Hoky) (whose works I believe I haven't seen yet) for the encouragement.

On your point about not concentrating on monetary value- you are right. Gives me a satisfaction to lend my eyes and show others what I see, if you get what I mean. I'm on my own mission to rediscover the magic in this city =) and show others what I've found too.

But love doesn't feed one!!Money does!

Quote Originally Posted by usherer
    Hey thanks alot (to The Cheat and Hoky) (whose works I believe I haven't seen yet) for the encouragement.

On your point about not concentrating on monetary value- you are right. Gives me a satisfaction to lend my eyes and show others what I see, if you get what I mean. I'm on my own mission to rediscover the magic in this city =) and show others what I've found too.

Well, I have hardly creative juices, only "mojo".
    Thats why I dun show my works.

Actually all my shots are those potraits and landscape ones lar... So to many, it's bo liao seeing lor. Unless they wanna go to those places.

Default re

recently i bought a coolpix995 with a wide convertor and a tele convertor all in for $380.

it has full manual control and Av and Tv( shutter priority, not television)

its compact and give good pictures at 3megapix.

pt is....if you are starting, it doesnt really make a difference.....get those that are slightly outdated and save yourself lots of money.....buy a DSLR when you are realy after that.

These are my only pictures that are slightly presentable...
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=68741

oei? Pardon me, The Cheat, I thought IR filter will filter out certain colours or sthg. How come the pix are in black and white?

Quote Originally Posted by surge
    pt is....if you are starting, it doesnt really make a difference.....get those that are slightly outdated and save yourself lots of money.....buy a DSLR when you are realy after that.
    yup, got that A80 already.thanks

haha! the title of this thread is slightly outdated. It's now:

How a newbie agonizes over getting a DLSR or a PNS --> Should the PNS be Z2 or A80 --> Her first pix with the A80

Hi
    Been in this dilemma for quite awhile.
    Am really strapped for cash but wanna practise and improve myself. I hv a point n shoot digicam (1.3megapixel!!) which has worked fine so far..

Now, i want to move on. As mentioned, am poor n struggling.I'm thinking of DSLR to save costs on film n developing (never mind the apparent irony).

Should I continue to wait (and wait..)?
    Or should I knock on doors of potential sponsors.ha.
    Waittttttt.

alamak. yes, Minoxman, too late, if u can see my above posting. I hv already got the came

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky
    Well, I have hardly creative juices, only "mojo".
    Thats why I dun show my works.
    maybe u wanan define n diiferentiate what u mean by "creative jucies" and "mojo". Aside from "meeny me", "shagedelic", I never really got Austin's vocab

oei? Pardon me, The Cheat, I thought IR filter will filter out certain colours or sthg. How come the pix are in black and white?
    Yes... IR filter do filter out certain colour. However, IR filter are also extremely dark red in colour. Hence, if you cannot fool your digicam, via custom white balance, to think that red is white, then if you were to shoot the pictures in colour mode, with the IR filter on, all the pictures would be just red! Even though I love RED, I don't think it's appropriate in photography!

Oh! I did lie about not having the digital camera bit... I'm the_cheat anyway, you know!

yup, got that A80 already.thanks

haha! the title of this thread is slightly outdated. It's now:

How a newbie agonizes over getting a DLSR or a PNS --> Should the PNS be Z2 or A80 --> Her first pix with the A80
    Well, why don't you start a new thread?

OH MY GOD. u r so very wu liao!!! why wld u wanan lie abt the digicam bit??!!!!

Anyway i shd stop being so wu eng and posting non stop. This is turning into somekind of blog for me and u. HAHHAHAHH....

ah! life is wonderful!!

Well, why don't you start a new thread?

*i* like leh.

This is the TRUE BLUE chronology of:
    a newbie posting a query
    how she makes her choice
    and the results of that choice.

OH MY GOD. u r so very wu liao!!! why wld u wanan lie abt the digicam bit??!!!!

Anyway i shd stop being so wu eng and posting non stop. This is turning into somekind of blog for me and u. HAHHAHAHH....

ah! life is wonderful!!
    Why do I wanna lie about having a digicam? Hmm... maybe cos I'm not hardworking enough to try out the metering stuff. Or maybe I'm just bored on my work, and think that life's a bit more fun by not telling the whole truth sometimes!

Posting non-stop? Man! This is nothing as compared to the other threads I'm involved in...

Anyway, do keep shooting nonetheless... Will be looking forward to more of your abstract artform. That's something I'd yet to master...

*i* like leh.

This is the TRUE BLUE chronology of:
    a newbie posting a query
    how she makes her choice
    and the results of that choice.
    Yar... and maybe after a few months or so, the newbie would be an old-bie... and then a pro in her artform...

and err... maybe really turn into a quest for DSLR!

Why do I wanna lie about having a digicam? Hmm... maybe cos I'm not hardworking enough to try out the metering stuff. Or maybe I'm just bored on my work, and think that life's a bit more fun by not telling the whole truth sometimes!
    okaaaayyyyy...the little thgs we do to inject excitement into our lives....
    psst...what is this mysterious job u r doing that allows you to surf nonstop?!!!!s there one vacancy for me?

Posting non-stop? Man! This is nothing as compared to the other threads I'm involved in...
    i dont know what to say.

actually, i do:
    obsessive

Anyway, do keep shooting nonetheless...
    orh. QED!

Will be looking forward to more of your abstract artform. That's something I'd yet to master...
    thank u thank u.....
    i have more to improve on.
    Actually im a believer of natural instincts.when i first picked up my Oly C1 i was doing such photos already. Kind of a calling and the things that I look out for in my day to day life.

Besides, everyone has their own forte or pet love: sports, photojournalistic,weddings,travel etc. Mine: fishbowls, lamp posts n shadows

okaaaayyyyy...the little thgs we do to inject excitement into our lives....
    psst...what is this mysterious job u r doing that allows you to surf nonstop?!!!!s there one vacancy for me?
    The mysterious job is let say not a job... I'm a postgraduate in NUS dear. Do my own work mah! That's why got time to surf non-stop when I wanted to!

If you got a second upp, you can get the same job I have too... Oh! Rosy picture aside, there's always the thorny issue of writing papers, sleepless nights in the lab, disappointments from failed experiments, etc. etc.

thank u thank u.....
    i have more to improve on.
    Actually im a believer of natural instincts.when i first picked up my Oly C1 i was doing such photos already. Kind of a calling and the things that I look out for in my day to day life.

Besides, everyone has their own forte or pet love: sports, photojournalistic,weddings,travel etc. Mine: fishbowls, lamp posts n shadows
    Good that you found your forte... I'd yet to really master anything yet... Oh! 'cept for the so-called "work" lah!

If you got a second upp, you can get the same job I have too... Oh! Rosy picture aside, there's always the thorny issue of writing papers, sleepless nights in the lab, disappointments from failed experiments, etc. etc.
    hey!dont rub it in! Im gettin 2nd lower (i hope..). After so many yrs of studying, im really glad to bail out of the system. You jia1 you2

Good that you found your forte... I'd yet to really master anything yet... Oh! 'cept for the so-called "work" lah!
    Hm..i dont think it's a forte in a sense. It's what *i* want to express.So, my question to u is : what do YOU wnat to express? What do u want ur image to say? What kind of effect do you hope it will have on your audience?

hey!dont rub it in! Im gettin 2nd lower (i hope..). After so many yrs of studying, im really glad to bail out of the system. You jia1 you2

Hm..i dont think it's a forte in a sense. It's what *i* want to express.So, my question to u is : what do YOU wnat to express? What do u want ur image to say? What kind of effect do you hope it will have on your audience?
    Answer you later when I come back from the library!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast