Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Shd newbie get DSLR?

OHMIGAWD. Join the club man!!! (there will only be the 2 of us) WOAHHHhh..cooooool!
    Im saying sayonara to that little cam for the time being. With new bodies out in the market, i have to admit I have not been able to accept the 1.3MP all this while. Ah well, it was as good as it lasted! My shots got noise??? Shucks. Thought I managed to PS them away. (Except those that were taken in lo-res mode.)
    But with my A80, Im actually missing the Olumpus C1's non-swivelable LCD screen and the optical viewfinder which is close to what the cam actually captures.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowcrash
    I'm using the oly c-1 too. can't sell as it's a gift from my love one.
    OT: you can download neatimage www.neatimage.com and the do up a profile to reduce noise of your shots...

Happy shooting with your c-1 & a80!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Some faithfuls may boast that their camera is the greatest, finding all sorts of reasons to validate their claims, and to seek satisfaction when seeing other people agreeing with them. But of course, they may be right and wrong at the same time!
    I know lah. It's all about your Mrs Minolta right?

Deregistered

Urm...

TALK LESS SHOOT MORE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by usherer
    I know lah. It's all about your Mrs Minolta right?
    Mrs Minolta? No lah... first love is in bass lah! So it should be Mrs Yamaha instead!!

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Urm...

TALK LESS SHOOT MORE!!!
    No no no!!

TALK A LOT, SHOOT EVEN MORE!!!

Great shot... but unfortunately, you didn't manage to capture the flare in a more artistically form.
    Anyway, is this shot taken from a reflection, or behind a glass?

Very abstract! Very well-done!
    So abstract, that I don't know what it is!! Arrrggghhhh!!

Great shot... but unfortunately, you didn't manage to capture the flare in a more artistically form.
    Anyway, is this shot taken from a reflection, or behind a glass?

Yup but the sun wasn't cooperating with me on the artistic flare!
    The shot was taken in one window pane which caught the reflection of another (as in the photo) and the edge of the wall that hangs over the window as in flats

Very abstract! Very well-done!
    So abstract, that I don't know what it is!! Arrrggghhhh!!
    thanks!! Appreciate it

It was taken backstage in a theatre. It's the shadow thrown onto the wall by the lighting equipment. There are tubes and such running on the wall.

The shot was taken in one window pane which caught the reflection of another (as in the photo) and the edge of the wall that hangs over the window as in flats
    Hmm... have you tried different angles and meter on different things? Personally I haven't captured any nice flare yet too. But, I did read on something that artistic flare or rays can be captured via differing exposure. Maybe next time when you get a chance to shoot this type of shots again, try to take shots with different exposure timings, and see whether the artistic flare could be captured.

Sighz~! Too bad I'd no money to get a digicam to try that out... film too expensive to experiment leh!

it's a reflection of a reflection of a reflection.some sort.

Hmm... have you tried different angles and meter on different things? Personally I haven't captured any nice flare yet too. But, I did read on something that artistic flare or rays can be captured via differing exposure. Maybe next time when you get a chance to shoot this type of shots again, try to take shots with different exposure timings, and see whether the artistic flare could be captured.
    hey!thanks for your advice. I have to admit I'm severely handicapped in the techie department. I'm not even sure if my cam has the ability to do different exposure timings. Will try it. Let me get past the mind-boggling bits of shutter speeds first! And Hoky is trying his best to educate me on the functions of different accessories.

Sighz~! Too bad I'd no money to get a digicam to try that out... film too expensive to experiment leh!
    go and get an A80!!!

it's a reflection of a reflection of a reflection.some sort.
    Cool shot. For a minute, i tot it was PSed using "screen" blending.
    Nice work there.

go and get an A80!!!
    Don't want lah! I outgrow that range of cameras already lah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky
    Cool shot. For a minute, i tot it was PSed using "screen" blending.
    Nice work there.

paiseh...I DID use a bit of PS on the contrast and levels But the composition is authentic. It was captured in real-time reality, i swear.

Don't want lah! I outgrow that range of cameras already lah!
    Yea yea, Mr Yamaha-Minolta. Good for u!
    I'm utterly broke right now. haven't even bought the quintessential Sanyo batts yet.. &%^(^())(&)... this is gettin a bit if a heartache, looking at my bank account.I should be sticking all the way with this little cam.

paiseh...I DID use a bit of PS on the contrast and levels But the composition is authentic. It was captured in real-time reality, i swear.
    Don't need to swear lah... Ultimately, if your pictures are nice, no one would ask you whether the picture is in the original form, or if you have PSed it lor!

Yea yea, Mr Yamaha-Minolta. Good for u!
    I'm utterly broke right now. haven't even bought the quintessential Sanyo batts yet.. &%^(^())(&)... this is gettin a bit if a heartache, looking at my bank account.I should be sticking all the way with this little cam.
    Well, I guess the two pictures you'd gotten is already worth more than what you'd spend on the camera already! Don't just concentrate on the monetary value. Asthetic values are priceless!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast