Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

  1. #1

    Default Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    Hi all,
    planning to get the k-x along with the tamron 17-50. Any comments with the lens or the combination? Most of the time the camera will be use for potriats, candids and street shots.
    Please advise. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    Quote Originally Posted by rekria View Post
    Hi all,
    planning to get the k-x along with the tamron 17-50. Any comments with the lens or the combination? Most of the time the camera will be use for potriats, candids and street shots.
    Please advise. Thanks
    The K-x comes with the 18-55mm lens as a kit. You cannot get body only here in SG. The Tamron 17-50 is a good lens.

    Why not use the kit lens first and then upgrade to the Tamron later?
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  3. #3

    Default Re: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    Quote Originally Posted by rekria View Post
    Hi all,
    planning to get the k-x along with the tamron 17-50. Any comments with the lens or the combination? Most of the time the camera will be use for potriats, candids and street shots.
    Please advise. Thanks
    Good lens to match with K-X , i have it on my k-x . However , u can consider pentax 16-45mm, sigma 17-70mm too


    The lens is sharp and nice color, no need to pp . At f2.8 is still quite sharp, it's much better than kit lens for sure . The range is a bit short , so u might need another lens to cover longer distance .
    Pentax K-X | FA 50 F1.4 | Panasonic GX1 | 14-42mm X |

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    The K-x comes with the 18-55mm lens as a kit. You cannot get body only here in SG. The Tamron 17-50 is a good lens.

    Why not use the kit lens first and then upgrade to the Tamron later?
    I actually have used the tamron 17-50 with canon 450D. I like the IQ and the focal length suits my needs. Just that I dont know whether the pentax mount has any issue with IQ and compaitability with the KX.

    Quote Originally Posted by beniz View Post
    Good lens to match with K-X , i have it on my k-x . However , u can consider pentax 16-45mm, sigma 17-70mm too


    The lens is sharp and nice color, no need to pp . At f2.8 is still quite sharp, it's much better than kit lens for sure . The range is a bit short , so u might need another lens to cover longer distance .
    Given the 3 choices, which would you prefer? I have chosen these becos it suits my needs and my pocket as well

    1)Tamron 17-50
    2)DA 16-45
    3)DA 17-70

    I didn't know that sigma 17-70 has a pentax mount.. How is the IQ and how much is it?


    BTW, Thanks for sharing guys!!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    Quote Originally Posted by rekria View Post
    I actually have used the tamron 17-50 with canon 450D. I like the IQ and the focal length suits my needs. Just that I dont know whether the pentax mount has any issue with IQ and compaitability with the KX.



    Given the 3 choices, which would you prefer? I have chosen these becos it suits my needs and my pocket as well

    1)Tamron 17-50
    2)DA 16-45
    3)DA 17-70

    I didn't know that sigma 17-70 has a pentax mount.. How is the IQ and how much is it?


    BTW, Thanks for sharing guys!!
    I choose tamron cos pentax price has been rising b4 i bought k-x .Take FA 50mm F1.4 as example....it was abt $350, now it's abt $498 -.- Da 16-45 is discontinued, but still a good lens. Since u got tamron on your canon , might as well try diff lens ?


    Sigma 17-70 and DA 17-70 covers the same range, from what i saw on web....the DA 17-70 colour is nicer, both are sharp. Sigma cost 560 from op , DA 17-70 abt 800+- i think .
    Last edited by beniz; 27th December 2009 at 10:04 PM.
    Pentax K-X | FA 50 F1.4 | Panasonic GX1 | 14-42mm X |

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    708

    Default Re: Tamron 17-50 on K-X

    It is a good lens. Sharp. The bokeh is alright but nothing spectacular. However, please test the lens extensively for front or back focus issues in autofocus mode.
    A camera cannot teach you how to see.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •