Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

  1. #1

    Default Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Hi Guys,

    I am a newbie in this forum, and i would like to change my old SLR camera to DSLR but would like to seek advice from the fellow member here on the following;

    Since i have alot of accessories and lens for my old Minolta SLR DYNAX 5xi , i am thinking if i am able to use back all the accessories like lens and flash if i bought a new Minolta or Sony DSLR since i know Sony and Minolta has already combined as a same company?

    Many thanks for your advice in adavnce.
    cheers
    Last edited by killerbee; 27th December 2009 at 04:26 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Hello...welcome.

    Yes, you can use your existing lenses on a Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR. Only if you're using a MC/MD mount lens, then you would require an adapter otherwise you can mount directly to the cam.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Hi Guys,

    I am a newbie in this forum, and i would like to change my old SLR camera to DSLR but would like to seek advice from the fellow member here on the following;

    Since i have alot of accessories and lens for my old Minolta SLR DYNAX 5xi , i am thinking if i am able to use back all the accessories like lens and flash if i bought a new Minolta or Sony DSLR since i know Sony and Minolta has already combined as a same company?

    Many thanks for your advice in adavnce.
    cheers
    Dynax 5xi is using Alpha mount, so ur AF lens will work perfectly.

    Flash depends on model, some will work perfectly, while others might work with some drawbacks like no auto mode, fires at full power etc. So u might wanna provide us with yr flash model.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Hello...welcome.

    Yes, you can use your existing lenses on a Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR. Only if you're using a MC/MD mount lens, then you would require an adapter otherwise you can mount directly to the cam.
    Hi Bro,

    thanks for your reply and advice. So does that mean that i can use my existing Minolta / Sigma and tokina lens for any of the Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR camera in the market now ?

  5. #5
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Should be able except for MD/MC mount..
    Maybe you can check with the regulars in the Konica Minolta/Sony sub-forum?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

    Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    Hi Bro,

    thanks for your reply and advice. So does that mean that i can use my existing Minolta / Sigma and tokina lens for any of the Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR camera in the market now ?
    Yes bro, any lens that is working on your Dynax 5xi will work on the KM/Sony DSLRs.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •