View Poll Results: Which "state" of photos do u normally show/post online?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Post Processed (photoshop etc)

    25 69.44%
  • HDR

    0 0%
  • snaps (Straight out from camera)

    11 30.56%
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

  1. #1

    Default Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Do u guys normally show/ post photos that has been post processed, or HDR-ed?

    Can there be a thread where only snaps straight from the camera are posted. So the true colours and tones can be seen and discussed.

    Agree?
    I love Tamron.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sembawang
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    budden still got in camera settings yeah?
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by agentxq49 View Post
    budden still got in camera settings yeah?
    yup.. picture styles etc...
    Like photos without any help from post editing technologies, then can really see what is the camera + lens + user capable of.
    I love Tamron.

  4. #4
    Member Linnl71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    East area
    Posts
    388

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    For me; whatever images I use to post online will be post-processed.

    But there are also times when I just post straight out from my camera because probably there isn't much to PP about.

  5. #5
    Member adorable's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bury Road
    Posts
    229

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    why no option for "snaps (Straight out from phone)"?

    Shoot from phone, then upload directly to facebook.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    why is HDR in the option? it's a subset of post-processed.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post

    Can there be a thread where only snaps straight from the camera are posted. So the true colours and tones can be seen and discussed.
    oh, so the gearwhores can say

    MY LENS SO NICE

    MY CAMELA COLOR SO NICE

    tsk tsk.. sibei boh liao

    please la, how to have true color.... you stand next to scene and see the color, compare to your lcd, bring laptop to download and compare on laptop

    i chop my head off if is 100% match

  8. #8

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Can there be a thread where only snaps straight from the camera are posted. So the true colours and tones can be seen and discussed.

    Agree?
    Unless you are talking about "true" colors from a particular model or brand of camera.

    Otherwise, it is quite meaningless to discuss about it. I don't think any camera can produce true colors; It can be an approximation to certain colors, but not to the whole range of colors the human eye can perceive.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh, so the gearwhores can say

    MY LENS SO NICE

    MY CAMELA COLOR SO NICE

    tsk tsk.. sibei boh liao

    please la, how to have true color.... you stand next to scene and see the color, compare to your lcd, bring laptop to download and compare on laptop

    i chop my head off if is 100% match
    It's good not to have 100% color match, good excuse not to buy the camera after hands on review, stating color mismatch.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    oh, so the gearwhores can say

    MY LENS SO NICE

    MY CAMELA COLOR SO NICE

    tsk tsk.. sibei boh liao

    please la, how to have true color.... you stand next to scene and see the color, compare to your lcd, bring laptop to download and compare on laptop

    i chop my head off if is 100% match
    NO, you are displaying your ignorance here. If you run a fully colour profiled system and use colour reference charts when shooting a scene you can get very close to true colour as in the scene, but this is a trick only we in the trade use and only some of us do it for special jobs as it's complicated, time consuming and very expensive. You still won't get 100% given the limited range of a DSLR's sensor to capture the full gamut but you can get things very close.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    haha.. cool down man.. everyone.

    what i mean by true colours, it simply mean the original result of what the camera is able to produce (wadever the settings made). no one mention about being true like what our eyes can see.
    Last edited by hoho85; 28th December 2009 at 10:11 PM.
    I love Tamron.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    haha.. cool down man.. everyone.

    what i mean by true colours, it simply mean the original result of what the camera is able to produce (wadever the settings made). no one mention about being true like what our eyes can see.
    I've seldom posted images here for years (or anywhere else for that matter) but I've always declared exactly what was done to the image and usually that isn't much as if you get a good shot incamera then you'll get a good shot post processing.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    NO, you are displaying your ignorance here. If you run a fully colour profiled system and use colour reference charts when shooting a scene you can get very close to true colour as in the scene, but this is a trick only we in the trade use and only some of us do it for special jobs as it's complicated, time consuming and very expensive. You still won't get 100% given the limited range of a DSLR's sensor to capture the full gamut but you can get things very close.
    i did say 100% match right.....

    thanks for parroting! we already know you are in the trade, because you make it a clear point with every post.. so thanks, you can skip this the next time

    kthxbai!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    haha.. cool down man.. everyone.

    what i mean by true colours, it simply mean the original result of what the camera is able to produce (wadever the settings made). no one mention about being true like what our eyes can see.
    I have always believe that we can fine-tune a photo further, even if it is a jpeg. The camera has no idea what you really want in a photo.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by hoho85 View Post
    Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?
    The state that XMMs when see will be happy.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

    thanks for parroting! we already know you are in the trade, because you make it a clear point with every post.. so thanks, you can skip this the next time
    He wants 100% of the people to 100% know that 100% of the time.

    Last edited by Sion; 29th December 2009 at 10:26 AM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,858

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    straight out of camera...

    i sucks at PP.

    so... i can only do brightness/sizing/cropping

    so usually my photo is either show (still not so bad and can be shown) or no show (save those ugly photos for my own viewing or into the trash bin)

  18. #18
    Member mabmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Simei
    Posts
    720

    Default Re: Which "state" of the photo do u normally show others?

    I always pp my photos such as playing with curves, slight sharpening and tuning the white balance. It makes good photos looks great!
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •