Thread: sharing of itinerary

Default sharing of itinerary

i believed many of us out there has traveled alone out there without following s'pore tours.

is there anywhere that i could find itinerary of trips?
    i need a detailed one for Vietnam with bus number to take as well as which hotel to stay and
    which local tour to sign up, etc. thinking of going hmc and/or hanoi.

okay, i am lazy to do research. but i have got 3 taiwan itinerary to pass around.

Default Re: sharing of itinerary

Quote Originally Posted by winks View Post
    i believed many of us out there has traveled alone out there without following s'pore tours.

is there anywhere that i could find itinerary of trips?
    i need a detailed one for Vietnam with bus number to take as well as which hotel to stay and
    which local tour to sign up, etc. thinking of going hmc and/or hanoi.

okay, i am lazy to do research. but i have got 3 taiwan itinerary to pass around.
    For Vietnam related, go National library, borrow a Lonely planet book, inside there got suggestion of itinerary.

Or easier, log on to their website, buy pdf softcopy of individual chapter, then just download the chapter you need.

If really lazy, best way is to follow tour.

had bought the lonely planet for vietnam. just need a quick one of how to move with public buses from pt A to B.

ur suggestion had been that helpful. thanks.

had bought the lonely planet for vietnam. just need a quick one of how to move with public buses from pt A to B.

ur suggestion had been that helpful. thanks.
    Which point you are traveling?
    Lonely planet will mention the bus you need. I can only recall one very specific trip - HCMC to Can tho or Mei Tho (forgot exactly), Lonely planet actually suggest whic public bus to take (though most people just follow day tours from HCMC)

For Hanoi to Sapa, check other Vietnam / Hanoi thread, has been mentioned. Usually start with a night train.
    For Hanoi to Halong bay, just need to book day tours

So as a conclusion - for short journey (within 30-40 min in major town area) no need bus. Taxi will do; for long distance (up to 20 hours) train or bus. Bus (coach) can be book from travel agent, plenty in Hanoi old quarters or HCMC, the De Tham / Pham Ngu Lau back pecker area.

So, mostly you can do it once you are there. Don't worry too much, you will able get seats, most free and easy tourist are also doing same thing - only book once reach there.

Example - touch down 1st day, 3 pm - reach hotel - 5 pm, then start walk around survey price - book for the day after next day (3rd day). some agent allow you to book for next day if you book before certain time, say before 6 pm,

this is the problem.

you HAVE to do research when travelling by yourself, if you want the best out of it.

otherwise, just follow tour group.

easy way out...just go to any tour agency website ...get their itinerary ...and there you have it...

the fun of backpacking is doing the homework...
    if have lonely planet...the info is already in there...u just need to read it...if no time..read it when on the plane...dun think there is lots of things to do on the plane....

You can try out this tour agency and the budget/group tours pricing is reasonable.
    You have to beware of Sinhcafe looks alike agency, this is mainly due to their success in promoting Vietnam tourism.

I went on a day budget city tour cost me about 14 USD and Halong Bay 2 days 1 night is about 35 USD.

http://www.sinhcafe.com/index.htm

I have stayed in this hotel, which is around Ben Tiah Market in dist 1 HCMC.

Xuan Loc Hotel
    Address: 47-49 Le Anh Xuan Street (Near New World Hotel)
    Tel: +84-8-274 641,274 642
    Fax: +84-8-274 643

The Room rate range from USD 20 to 30, that was 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    this is the problem.

you HAVE to do research when travelling by yourself, if you want the best out of it.
    Yes agree. I just couldn't find the suitable phrases in my 1st post "have to do research ourselves if want the best out of it"

Quote Originally Posted by LiuLangMao View Post
    easy way out...just go to any tour agency website ...get their itinerary ...and there you have it...

the fun of backpacking is doing the homework...
    if have lonely planet...the info is already in there...u just need to read it...if no time..read it when on the plane...dun think there is lots of things to do on the plane....
    Yes I always quite last min, so only manage read on plane

thanks all for the reply.

i think the budget city tour should be the best cos i am always lost even with a map on hand.

as a start for my first trip, it would most likely be 3-4 days to Hanoi.

Stay around the old district in Hanoi, you get to photograph lots of nice shots and get a ride on a trishaw.

Why don't you join a tour group instead since you are lazy?
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.