Thread: For Film SLR User...

Default For Film SLR User...

Where do u guy store ur film?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin^Newbie
    Where do u guy store ur film?
    Either in the fridge or in the drybox.

frigde loh ~~~~~ regardless of whether it's pro or consumer film ....

dry box. my fridge too much groceries..

Dry cabinet ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

oh...still wondering need to fridge for my film anot...maybe keep it in drybox..

oh...still wondering need to fridge for my film anot...maybe keep it in drybox..
    Only problem with keeping in the fridge is that you need to take it out of the fridge and let the temperature be close to room temperature before you can use. Whereas if you put it in the drybox, you can just take it out and use immediately.

some films, especially the pro ones state storage temperature on the box. respect those numbers and the film will respect you too.

Unexposed film - Drybox. Unless it's pro-film like Press or Provia (where there are specific instructions to store below room temperature) then it's the fridge.

Developed film - Negative folder. Away from sunlight. Would wish to store it in a dry cabinet but don't have one yet.

thank alot for all the fast reply...

i just put on the table. no need the xtras like fridge/drybox/etc. buy only when u need 2 shoot

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    i just put on the table. no need the xtras like fridge/drybox/etc. buy only when u need 2 shoot
    nahz .... i rather stock up a few rolls in the frigde, in case they are not available when i need them for unexpected shoots ...

Typically, I would suggest putting higher speed speed films in the fridge because they are more sensitive to temperature. Also, avoid putting them near electronics which gives off radiation; like TV, radio, microwave etc etc.
    You may find your film fogged after prolonged periods.