Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

i would say sell Owen before he walks away for free...better for both Liverpool and himself....he wanted to play in Champion League football, which Pools could not fulfil that next year at the rate Pools and Owen is performing........

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    we dominated the whole games. Keep bumping the ball to owen and let him take the penalty. all effort being wasted.

finish 4th. Possible, we have 1 game in hand, if we win it, we will 1 point after Charlton, whom is currently 4th seating.

But we should play Owen in reserve. If he can;t even have the scoring instict, no point play him on the EPL.

Even Murphy or kewell can take better penalty than Owen.

stop wasting chance to pass the ball to Owen and hope he will score.

As Rush always say " the first to defend the attack is alwasy the striker".

U can see baros working hard and chasing for the ball.

Owen ??!!??? With all he rumours and his current "fighting spirit", I can imagine he is negotiating a contract outside Liverpool.

When u decided to leave your current job and negotiating a deal with another company, your current performance with existing employer will just be not much different than Owen's.

I've high hopes for Liverpool in the Fantasy league for this round, assigning Kewell and Gerrard as captains in some of my teams Hope they do better against Portsmouth on Wednesday!

Owen said that he needs Chmapion League Soccer.

Does not he realise that if Liverpool can't play CL next season, he bears a big responsibility of not acheiving it.

With his pitch performance, aeroplane shooting, purposely kick the ball to the keeper, I am even suspicious that he is working a reason for himself not playing for Liverpool. I know I should not think and say this, but his work rate, not willing to settle the contract ASAP, his fighting spirit really made me sad and made me doubt about his fully commitment.

vs Portsmouth ??? with 11 injuries list and filled with mostly sub player, Portsmouth this season and drawn 1 and won 2 against Liverpool. Really dare not hope much for them to do well Wednesday.

Of course, I do pray pray we can win a game to lift the team confidence and spirit.

Btw, I am 70% that Liverpool had lost the UEFA game as well. Dun see they can defend MarSai away.

i think i'm really not so optimistic anymore.

4th place is quite unlikely, althought still quite a remote possibility.
    at the way the team is performing, and he whole play goes to misfiring Owen, it is worrying.

Owen should be given the chance to seek his ambition elsewhere while the rest of the willing players stay and help carve out a new future, most probably without Houllier of course. no Champs League equals to no Houllier.
    Djibril Cisse should come in for Owen as he goes on in search of his Champs League with Real Madrid or AC Milan for that matters.

let's just wait and see out the season...

i even avoided buying Newpaper today just so as to avoid any sad news inside... that sickening sinking feeling...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

ah..talking about this Djibril Cisse...he is another mystery to us all leh..just hope that he is as good as what Houlier claimed...hmmm but didn't he claimed (dunno how many times liao) all or most of his past signing were this good and that good...........

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    , Djibril Cisse should come in for Owen as he goes on in search of his Champs League with Real Madrid or AC Milan for that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    think the main thing against Heskey are the chances he missed. another more competent striker in his position may have scored the goals.

who do you think are the really quality players in Liverpool side?

i thnk its gerrard.. with his passing..

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    ah..talking about this Djibril Cisse...he is another mystery to us all leh..just hope that he is as good as what Houlier claimed...hmmm but didn't he claimed (dunno how many times liao) all or most of his past signing were this good and that good...........
    by the time Cisse arrives, Houllier might be long gone...
    so, its another big big purchase. Heskey should be leaving soon too. Neil Mellor should return from long time loan move and somehow, Diouf gets reinstated as a striker.

Owen is going through a bad case of confidence-lacking crisis.

i just hope we can win the UEFA cup this season.. at least theres something to cheer about

pool's performance doesnt seem to justify a 4th place finish, or let alone a CL place...

i pity the gaffer...pray he gets some luck and some tactics from heaven..

quote what u said, pool's performance also doesn't seem to justify a UEFA cup win.........

better that they end the season empty handed and rethink their plan + future....else they would be quoting stuffs like " we aren't that bad last season, at least we won the UEFA blah blah....."

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    i just hope we can win the UEFA cup this season.. at least theres something to cheer about

pool's performance doesnt seem to justify a 4th place finish, or let alone a CL place...

i pity the gaffer...pray he gets some luck and some tactics from heaven..

quote what u said, pool's performance also doesn't seem to justify a UEFA cup win.........

better that they end the season empty handed and rethink their plan + future....else they would be quoting stuffs like " we aren't that bad last season, at least we won the UEFA blah blah....."

that is losers' mentality... which is bad...

me?

that is losers' mentality... which is bad...

me?

no, not u, of course, but Houllier and his excuses.

everything shift to injuries... everything shift to bad luck

all faults with others but none with him.

really, even though i've been rather supportive, but i can imagine what he will say if we ended up outside top 4 BUT won the UEFA cup...

hehee....know u wouldn't do that to me

just pulling ur legs...........

no, not u, of course, but Houllier and his excuses.

hehee....know u wouldn't do that to me

just pulling ur legs...........
    haha
    yeah, of course!

i actually feel that Houllier has been way too nice and overly protective of/to Owen?

maybe Owen respond best to supportive gestures and talks. this is in direct contrast to Stevie G's treatment by Houllier.

or maybe by doing so, Owen will feel better about Liverpool and sign a new cotnract?

and Houllier's going to let Owen take the next few spot kicks too... oh man.
    how many more points are we goin to throw?(i jus read the Newpaper)

mabe one of the reasons is the unsigned contract.....

would be really interest to know what does Reds supporter in UK thinks of Owen now......

haha
    yeah, of course!

i actually feel that Houllier has been way too nice and overly protective of/to Owen?

maybe Owen respond best to supportive gestures and talks. this is in direct contrast to Stevie G's treatment by Houllier.

or maybe by doing so, Owen will feel better about Liverpool and sign a new cotnract?

mabe one of the reasons is the unsigned contract.....

would be really interest to know what does Reds supporter in UK thinks of Owen now......

jus wait for Jed to update us on that then...
    Owen is going through a HORRIBLE patch now... let's jus hope his family matters are solved and more bodyguards are hired and he starts converting those chances like he used to.

so many chances against the Saints and he missed them all...

Dunno. I'll be there on Weds and I'll see what the news is. I haven't been put down for Saturday but I'm looking to make a switch, but then I think Old Trafford is the better game to be at arguably from a news perspective. We'll see.

OMG!!

just read in today's Straits Times, Owen missed 10 out of 23 penalties taken for Liverpool!!!! that is 43% miss rate!! this is really unbelievable and unacceptable for a proclaimed top/world-class striker!!!!

no manager in his right mind would continue to let a 43% miss rate penalty taker take spot kicks!!!

haha

OMG!!

just read in today's Straits Times, Owen missed 10 out of 23 penalties taken for Liverpool!!!! that is 43% miss rate!! this is really unbelievable and unacceptable for a proclaimed top/world-class striker!!!!

no manager in his right mind would continue to let a 43% miss rate penalty taker take spot kicks!!!
    yeah, Houllier doesn't seem to be ok this past few months...
    haha

This maybe good news for the club. If Thaksin start to pour some of his $$$ into Liverpool, the rot should stop very soon!!!!

No Liverpool takeover for Thai PM

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 478910111419 ... LastLast