Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by fox
    Hi there,

just wondering how many Liverpool fans are in clubsnap and what are your views on Gerard Houllier and EMILY HESKEY?
    Liverpool is one super big KELONG TEAM

It should change it's motto to WE SHOULD KELONG TOGETHER

Houllier is lucky to be still managing FOOLS

His tactics SUCK and his players have no good teamwork

To me Steven Gerard is currently Liverpool's best player liao

In my opinion, the way Liverpool is performing, they should relegate to 1st division.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBig
    Liverpool is one super big KELONG TEAM

It should change it's motto to WE SHOULD KELONG TOGETHER

Houllier is lucky to be still managing FOOLS

His tactics SUCK and his players have no good teamwork

To me Steven Gerard is currently Liverpool's best player liao

In my opinion, the way Liverpool is performing, they should relegate to 1st division.
    kelong? wat's that?
    does underperforming equates to kelong? then there are several more such teams in the EPL as long as they are not top of the table!

fools? who? u?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Hi Cheesecake,

Cool down and Ignore what mr Big said.

If u have been reading some of the "Heaty" thread from kopitiam, i am sure u would realise what a personality Mr Big has.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Hi Cheesecake,

Cool down and Ignore what mr Big said.

If u have been reading some of the "Heaty" thread from kopitiam, i am sure u would realise what a personality Mr Big has.
    yeah, guess i should.

for a moment i thought this mr.big is sadness! only to realise it is an imposter with the same avatar.

go Liverpool go!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 3rd March 2004 at 05:56 PM.

tomolo early morning at 3.05am, we got Liverpool on the telly again!

yeah! hopefully they can perform well this time and book a place in the next round of the UEFA Cup!

make it happen and not a dream!

Go Liverpool GO!

Houllier is one of the luckiest person to remain a manager of a top football club!!!

IMO: he is appointed based on his credential as a technical director of youth soccer ... bring the best of youth player!!! (player like Cisse, Henry)
    very ironical ... no youth player did make a impact at Anfield ... up n coming players (Gerrard, Owen, Heskey, Diouf. Kewell) fade away at lightning speed

He is one damm armchair manager who leave the entire field management to his deputy, Phil Thompson.
    How I know ... compare the number of times that both Phil and Houllier stand in the tactical area to motivate the players.
    Last edited by Rainforest; 3rd March 2004 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest
    Houllier is one of the luckiest player to remain a manager of a top football club!!!

IMO: he is appointed based on his credential as a technical director of youth soccer ... bring the best of youth player!!! (player like Cisse, Henry)
    very ironical ... no youth player did make a impact at Anfield ... up n coming players (Gerrard, Owen, Heskey, Diouf. Kewell) fade away at lightning speed

He is one damm armchair manager who leave the entire field management to his deputy, Phil Thompson.
    How I know ... compare the number of times that both Phil and Houllier stand in the tactical area to motivate the players.

he has got heart problems and thus, it restricted him from getting too worked out or too passionate like Phil does.

however, if only actions speak louder than words, in this sense! Liverpool would have been top for ages!

u dun see Arsene Wenger getting too pumped up when his team is doing badly then, does he? i guess it is the French culture and practise.

have a glass of red wine and chill out, houllier! get the result and hopefully, no more head-culling calls tonight for monsieur houllier!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    he has got heart problems and thus, it restricted him from getting too worked out or too passionate like Phil does.

however, if only actions speak louder than words, in this sense! Liverpool would have been top for ages!

u dun see Arsene Wenger getting too pumped up when his team is doing badly then, does he? i guess it is the French culture and practise.

have a glass of red wine and chill out, houllier! get the result and hopefully, no more head-culling calls tonight for monsieur houllier!
    Mayb u r rite ... but if i am a player ... i love to see the manager walking at the sideline pointing his middle finger at me or tell me to kiss the goal post.

btw Arsene n Ferguson did that ... jumping at referees .. make tons of complaints ... giving directions ... make sure he give players a pat on their shoulders ...
    Forgive me if i m wrong!!! coz Liverpool game as u know .. not interesting!!!
    BTW i am a fan of the opposite camps!!!

Liverpool under Houllier is near championship quality but not close enough ...
    To win the championship ... is either u win every matches and pray the best teams lose every matches ... just a bit of luck will help!!!
    he is still there for a reasons ... whatever the reason is!!!

Mayb u r rite ... but if i am a player ... i love to see the manager walking at the sideline pointing his middle finger at me or tell me to kiss the goal post.

btw Arsene n Ferguson did that ... jumping at referees .. make tons of complaints ... giving directions ... make sure he give players a pat on their shoulders ...
    Forgive me if i m wrong!!! coz Liverpool game as u know .. not interesting!!!
    BTW i am a fan of the opposite camps!!!

Liverpool under Houllier is near championship quality but not close enough ...
    To win the championship ... is either u win every matches and pray the best teams lose every matches ... just a bit of luck will help!!!
    he is still there for a reasons ... whatever the reason is!!!
    yeah, i remember Sir Alex sticking his neck at refs and linesmen. poor things they are. the best part would have to be the cameraman zooming in on Sir Alex everytime they concede a goal. not a very friendly sight...

arsene is considered mild and cuddly as compared to Sir Alex.

Liverpool's game are getting more and more exciting as we give away silly goals and then struggle to get back into games with our back turned against the opposition!

how exciting is that?

anyway, as most Liverpool fans probably are, getting used to the style of play of our team is important. and defying sleepiness is another brilliant skill u'll pick up along the game! not a bad exchange!

still, we are in a long period of transition from a defending-counter attacking team to one that tries to attack and pile on the pressure to the opposition.
    albeit, without much success this season.

however, watch us! next season, we'll win the league title! haha!

i'm kidding. but who said one can't dream? great things happens and took place becos man dreams...

for my Liverpool!

however, watch us! next season, we'll win the league title! haha!

i'm kidding. but who said one can't dream? great things happens and took place becos man dreams...

for my Liverpool!
    I will rather dream for 2 championship titles ... 1 for Liverpool, the other for my team!!!Coz i want my team to win the title as passionate as u r!!!

I m neutral about the players ... utimately it is the coaches and manager who make the best out of every players. I did watch Heskey play when they were in Singapore ... and u know y Houllier bought him in the beginning ... his strength, pace and physique to compliment his other smaller attackers

I will rather dream for 2 championship titles ... 1 for Liverpool, the other for my team!!!Coz i want my team to win the title as passionate as u r!!!

I m neutral about the players ... utimately it is the coaches and manager who make the best out of every players. I did watch Heskey play when they were in Singapore ... and u know y Houllier bought him in the beginning ... his strength, pace and physique to compliment his other smaller attackers
    yes.
    heskey's physique is what makes him stand out as a striker.
    u cannot ever 'improve' one's biological height or natural athletic abilities. although now, one can improve one's height by going under reconstruction of the bone... well, that's another thing.

heskey should be the main striker to feed his team-mates like what john hartson is to celtic. he lay off the ball for larsson and likes...

now, if only he gets a chance to play as a striker and not a giggsy winger.

yes.

heskey should be the main striker to feed his team-mates like what john hartson is to celtic. he lay off the ball for larsson and likes...

now, if only he gets a chance to play as a striker and not a giggsy winger.

i do not know he is preferred as a winger ... muz be a long time I last watch Liverpool play!!!

Well u see ... we still come back to the same question ... is Houllier the rite person
    I will end it here ... leaving it open ended for other!!!

Anyway i m a

so what the problem here man ...... Steve McClaren and Steve Bruce, Gullit and Vialli were all appointed as manager without any coaching license.

THere are still 3 to 4 managers in current EPL teams without coaching license at all.

Houllier hold FIFA Coaching License A. Better than Fandi Ahmad at least.

The only manager in current EPL team who does not do any on field training at all is Alex Ferguson. That;s why coach or asst manager is very important to MU. They previoulsy had McClaren and Queiroz. Both of them are unsung hero, fans seldom see their contribution. But if u read what Giggs lamented when Queiroz left for Real, u would know how much benefited the player from the him when he is asst manager and coach for MU.

French manager seldon buck like a bull dog on the sideline during the game. May be it is the culture.

IF we are happy to finish between 3-6 and the best we want is to play for Champion league. Then , Houllier is the right man. But if we want to go for another higher level, I would like to have a new manager.

Btw, let me give u another historical statistic. During the last 5 champion league run(this year dun count), Arsene wenger the best is to advance to Quarterfinal.

Houllier made it to quarterfinal and marginally lost out to Leverkusen in his 2nd attempt.

DUring the first 6 years in MU, Alex Ferguson won nothing.

Houllier deserved our respect , yet, I still believe we need another better manager with Houllier step down and work as technical director. may be we should have Jules Rimet as manager, the pair who won the 1st World Cup for France.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 4th March 2004 at 10:40 AM.

liverpool scored two, conceded two and then scored another two goals in this morning's uefa game.....

yeah! LIVERPOOL did it the hard way again!!

wat an exciting display of defending brilliance! the first goal was conceded once again on Liverpool's right side of defence, Finnan was ill-positioned to challenge once again. the second goal conceded was a classic! hyypia slipped and henchoz could not cover in time. wat a goal!

the defence is so embarrassing! is it any wonder why hyypia did not celebrate when he scored? the itnroduction of Biscan in the 55min added stability to the defence. says alot about Finnan...

owen was sharp this morning. had a good game and his goal was a really great finish. could have scored a couple more but i'm happy that he even managed to get one with the current state he's in.

gerrard is fiercesome! once again he showed us why without him, we should be mingling in the middle table.

by the way, when ws the last time we scored 3 goals and more in a game???
    but then again, the opponent is considered a 'lesser' one.but it was still a great overall performance in such a hostile atmosphere.

poor defence. we got to sort it out, that's all. otherwise, i'm a happy fan till this weekend at least!

I am happy with the win but not the result.

I always prefer a 2-0 win rather than 4-2 scoreline.

A strong team is built on a strong defend. REad from liverpoolcfc.tv what Rush said about defending.

Finnan is not a defender as I concern. The goal we conceded in 3-2 lost Charlton and 2-1 lost to Arsenal. Finnan was jogging rather than chasing and closing the opponent down. he was the culprit for not fighting the ball as the way Jamie does and did not close down opponent like the way hencoz does.

He could add a bit of attacking, like Christan Ziege, but he creates ample space for conceding a goal.

any idea who will play against in the next UEFA match ?? hope we can proceed all the way and play against bacerlona in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I am happy with the win but not the result.

I always prefer a 2-0 win rather than 4-2 scoreline.

A strong team is built on a strong defend. REad from liverpoolcfc.tv what Rush said about defending.

Finnan is not a defender as I concern. The goal we conceded in 3-2 lost Charlton and 2-1 lost to Arsenal. Finnan was jogging rather than chasing and closing the opponent down. he was the culprit for not fighting the ball as the way Jamie does and did not close down opponent like the way hencoz does.

He could add a bit of attacking, like Christan Ziege, but he creates ample space for conceding a goal.

any idea who will play against in the next UEFA match ?? hope we can proceed all the way and play against bacerlona in the final.
    i wish for Celtic. time to correct what was wrong last season.

If Liverpoll keep winning and so do Barcelona, they will meet at Gothenburg for final.

LONDON, March 4 (Reuters) - Draw for the fourth round of the
    UEFA Cup made on Thursday:
    1 - Celtic (Scotland) v Barcelona (Spain)
    2 - Genclerbirligi (Turkey) v Valencia (Spain)
    3 - Girondins Bordeaux (France) v Club Bruges (Belgium)
    4 - Newcastle United (England) v Real Mallorca (Spain)
    5 - AJ Auxerre (France) v PSV Eindhoven (Netherlands)
    6 - Inter Milan (Italy) v Benfica (Portugal)
    7 - Liverpool (England) v Olympique Marseille (France)
    8 - Villarreal (Spain) v AS Roma (Italy)
    First leg ties to be played on Thursday, March 11 and second
    leg ties to be played on Thursday, March 25.
    Quarter-finals
    QF 1 - Winner of match 3 v Winner of match 2
    QF 2 - Winner of match 7 v Winner of match 6
    QF 3 - Winner of match 1 v Winner of match 8
    QF 4 - Winner of match 5 v Winner of match 4
    First leg ties to be played on Thursday, April 8 and second
    leg ties to be played on Wednesday, April 14.
    Semi-finals
    SF 1 - Winner of QF 4 v Winner of QF 2
    SF 2 - Winner of QF 3 v Winner of QF 1
    First leg ties to be played on Thursday, April 22 and second
    leg ties to be played on Thursday, May 6.
    The winner of SF 2 will be the home team for the UEFA Cup
    final which is to be played on Wednesday, May 19 in Gothenburg.

if we do make it to the final against barca, and show what we are really made of, this season will look rosy all of a sudden again..
    at least its something to look forward to this season..

Exclamation

go LIVERPOOL! let's go to the finals!!!

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2567891217 ... LastLast