Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

we won 2-0 this morning against Levski Sofia... it could have been more... but i'll settle for the 2-0 scoreline. the players are great, played very well.
    at the end of first half, i was abit pissed with the scoreline and the team's inconsistent style. i thought its gonna be another one of those days...

all in all, i'm damn impressed with the team's spirit and milan baros in particular. he's splendid! the best buy from Houllier!

kewell din't do much except to score a beauty of a goal... haha

go Liverpool go! Leeds this Sunday!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Actually, that was a rubbish performance. Calling a spade a spade, that was poor. In fact it was a poor game aside from the two goals. Should have guessed when the friggin Bulgarians spun us round after winning the toss. And driving home in a blizzard didn't help either. Only just got home. Hopefully Leeds will be better, but then again...

Incidentally, there were massive cheers for Diouf when he came on. And plenty of Houllier's name ringing from the Kop, even before Gerrard scored.

Actually, that was a rubbish performance.
    I dun care about the performance. I only want results.

We had put on so much good performance ended up losing the match, ie 1-2 to arsenal.

It is the results that count and speak.

well a win's a win. good job. hope your team is turning the corner. we will know soon

Well done stevie g!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I dun care about the performance. I only want results.

We had put on so much good performance ended up losing the match, ie 1-2 to arsenal.

It is the results that count and speak.
    I wasn't saying otherwise. I was just saying that it was a poor performance, which it was.

Liverpool does not have a natural player who can lead the side. Gerrard is a great player, but he does not seem to have a hold over the players commitment. Someone in the likes of Fowler or Gary McAllister would fit this bill. Litmanen does not fit into this bill, but he is a player who tends to do great things in important matches or deliver when the chips are down. It is not surprising that Liverpool started the descent soon after these three players left.

As for the weaker players, it is very easy to point out Biscan, Traore, Diao and sometimes even Cheyrou and Riise, they don't make much of an impact to the team. Diouf on the other hand may not be much of a success as a striker, but he plays very very well down the right flank and his tenacity is an asset to the team, something you would notice in players like Gerrard, Henchoz, Carragher and even Kewell. Heskey should learn to more like them, sometimes watching him play and tumble at the slightest contact makes me wince. The team on the overall simply does not have enough aggression when they play, but talent is abound and there can be no denying this.

As for Westerveld, he is a good stopper of shots, but he can't handle high crosses, and fumbles them just like David James. Think back to the goal that he conceeded to Jordi Cruyff at the last minutes of the UEFA Cup final. He had a look of full concentration when he came for the cross, but still conceeded the equalising goal in the most dramatic fashion.

One thing about Houllier. Players who have been too outspoken, disgruntled or quick to express their own ideas publicly will always get the boot or allowed to leave Liverpool for obvious reasons. Westerveld, Fowler, McAllister, Babbel, Anelka, Ziege, Camara just to name a few that I know of. Players who carry long term injuries for long periods of time will leave as well, Berger and Redknapp are the obvious ones.

Why Litmanen was allowed to leave is a great mystery. Maybe because of his great friendship with Fowler on the field, possibly their reluctance to be outdone by the striking partneship of Owen and Heskey, or maybe it just boils down to dollars and cents.

hello pool fans. awfully quite here.

what happened last night? pool played like sh*t. owen sucked and even gerrard left his shooting boots at home. the way they play even 4th will be out of reach.

owen missed a couple of glorious chances. i think some of it were excellent rugby tries, in fact!

we are creating chances and missing them! wow! and hyypia and henchoz were terrorized last night by Viduka and Smith...wow! what's new?

it was tough playing against a struggling side with quality in them such as Leeds... but that doesn't mean we can give away silly goals... like we always do...

houllier has every reason to smile, eh(he;s smiling constantly in last night's game...)?

the right back slot is constantly being exploited and last night, the fraility showed again... finnan is ok going forward and horrible in defending... maybe i'm being too harsh?

remember how the goal was scored against us by Pompey?

last night was 2 points thrown away by Liverpool yet again. i don;t know how the guys are going to crawl out of 6th placing...

we are too reliant on owen and too many chances were given to him. and he missed them all...

maybe, we should take him out when he starts to miss too many chances. it will cost us in the end.

Agreed, Viduka and Smith played well, particularly Smithy. As for Houllier smiling, I was shooting him half the friggin afternoon and didn't get a smile out of him. Including when the second on was scored when he just clapped. Not a smile to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Agreed, Viduka and Smith played well, particularly Smithy. As for Houllier smiling, I was shooting him half the friggin afternoon and didn't get a smile out of him. Including when the second on was scored when he just clapped. Not a smile to be seen.
    funny... maybe the video man purposely capture him when he's smiling.
    around 3 or 4 times?

always look on the bright side of life!

Hi Jed,

No idea who the show is telecasted over at UK.

But for us in Singapore, when we are 1-2 down, the TV in front of eyes showing Houllier was smiling.

Even we can finish 4th place, I am still calling Houllier to step down.

I had been insisting this view since end of last season.

At the end of the seasons, I am happy and sad man.

Happy - money in my pocket.
    Sad - Liverpool finish 5 and playing UEFA next season again.

I een hope we can sell Owen for 28m and get a Cisse for 14m and have some cash to invest for a defender 5m and 9m for a more creative midfielder. There are lots of good but not famous in south america.

Why shall we keep investing those potential but hardly turn into good player youngster like, Biscan, Traore and Cheyrou. etc.....

Would've been on Sky, but then I don't have Sky cause curiously enough I'm always working whenever there are games on...

Keep calling, cause it's not your call to make.

i'm rather neutral with houllier stepping up or down.

i'm all for waiting till the last game of the season before taking a good look. anyway, all we can do is jus to make wild calls and that's that.
    the board won't respond, would they?

maybe not now, but at the end of the season, with the results and all...

Keep calling, cause it's not your call to make.
    will do. besides, i have placing a bet with my friend that if we fail to qualify for champion league, then Houllier is sacked and I have money in my pocket.

Of may be Thaksin buy over the stake, and he appoint another manager. Who else ?

But we speak out of our opinion here and LFC board is of course not making any decision based on CLUBSNAP forum.

I am calling for Houllier to step down.

But the angry one calling for his life !!!

Of course, the sender are belived to be angry Liverpool fans.

The siutation is really bad here. Since when was the last time Liverpool manager is receiving death threathening letter ??

Not to be so bad lah.... Houllier is a Liverpool fans as well. He almost lost his life while working hard for the club. He deserved our respect and even a life time job in the club.

Though he is doing good right now, but at least he managed to bring us some trophies during the last 5 years. Did not we cheered out from our heart when We lifted the UEFA Cup from the legend Cruff ??

nonetheless, i still believe if we need to "make a serious tittle challenge" or going to a higher level, we need a new manager. Unless we are happy struggling between 4-6 place and forever play UEFA cup.

next season la... i believe regardless whether we r 4th or not, he will still step down.

mainly because he love the club too much and finally he realised that he cannot take the club any further. let him have the dignity of stepping down instead of being sacked.

no point calling for his head now and then because it will undermine and demoralise the players. hopefully we can see a better performance from the 2 centre-backs in the UEFA Cup.. we can't possibly throw the 2 goal cushion, right??

Go LIVERPOOL go!!
    hope that we r not walking alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    next season la... i believe regardless whether we r 4th or not, he will still step down.

mainly because he love the club too much and finally he realised that he cannot take the club any further. let him have the dignity of stepping down instead of being sacked.

no point calling for his head now and then because it will undermine and demoralise the players. hopefully we can see a better performance from the 2 centre-backs in the UEFA Cup.. we can't possibly throw the 2 goal cushion, right??

Go LIVERPOOL go!!
    hope that we r not walking alone!
    i certainly hope not but with the current team you can never tell.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    i certainly hope not but with the current team you can never tell.
    haha

we can't possibly give away 3 goals? ok, make it 2???

really, we cannot tell... not so long ago, we are able to sit on 1 goal lead from 1st min till the 90th and still take home the 3points or the victory..
    now, we might need alot more goals to cushion our exciting back 4!

let's go!

in UEFA CUp, we can certainly afford to give away 3 goals. The Spanish will score an own goal to handle the victory us...haaha.....

anyway, for the 2nd season (fully in charge) of Houllier in Liverpool, the team closed the door from blowing whistle. The whole team defends like rock from the 1st minute and hope Heskey and Owen to get connected to score from counter attack.

We do have almost the same defender, Jamie, Hencoz, Hyypia, Hamann and Gerrard. But we are more attacking minded and Hyypia is really doing very bad. I looked at the goals again and again from the match vs Leeds. I can give my view that it is Hyypia mistake. THose mistake are used to happen with Traore. Traore flu spreading ????

There is only manager being fried sotong in the whole liverpool history, Graham Soudness. So, no point to put Houllier a shame. Let make him as technical director for the yourth academy, reserve and senior team, or even the ladies team.

I believe that Houllier loves Liverpool more than Ferguson loves MU.
    I mean "true love".

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 456781116 ... LastLast