Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 549

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

  1. #81
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,911

    Default

    So just out of curiosity, I suppose everyone thinks Sven is a poor manager too? This Heskey on the left flank thing started with him...

  2. #82

    Default

    even more worrying for pool.... owen is going thru a bad patch (again!). he seems to be declining with age, while thierry henry goes from strength to strength...
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  3. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    Actually, I've never been very confident in Owen's penalty taking. He's missed a fair few along the way. Apparently that's the first he's missed this season, but then I can't remember him taking that many and he's been injured so long. So it's an old problem, this penalty thing.

    Actually, it can get more real. Join me
    wonder if owen did a "robbie fowler". was just reading this book "he always puts it to the right". in a match between liverpool and arsenal, fowler refused a penalty awarded to him for an alleged trip by david seaman. he hit "a pretty pathetic penalty which seaman saved, only for jason mcateer to score from the rebound". hmmm....

  4. #84
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    wonder if owen did a "robbie fowler". was just reading this book "he always puts it to the right". in a match between liverpool and arsenal, fowler refused a penalty awarded to him for an alleged trip by david seaman. he hit "a pretty pathetic penalty which seaman saved, only for jason mcateer to score from the rebound". hmmm....
    no. Fowler finished it off professionally... if memories serve me well.
    robbie's the best!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #85
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Bedok Reservoir
    Posts
    395

    Default

    robbie missed...jason scored from the rebound

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    no. Fowler finished it off professionally... if memories serve me well.
    robbie's the best!

  6. #86
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    If GH was England manager I guess he would have tried switching Becks to the left

  7. #87
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday
    robbie missed...jason scored from the rebound
    oh no... i guess i mux haf aged... badly.
    haha

    thanks for the reminder!

    robbie's still my all time fave!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  8. #88
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Liverpool is getting headline everyday.

    ie..St John and lawrenson called for Houllier, Hansen felt that Houllier will be sacked had we not again qualified for CL next season, Gerrad to be father, Houllier claim that he is still the manager next season, Survey done by Liverpool Daily post,Owen being linked to Read Madrid, Thaksin is eyeing Liverpool ownership...etc...etc...

    Really Amazing !!!

    Liverpool used to be the club of which is on the newspaper because of our good results and strong performance. It seems that the media is getting bored to pin point our poor results. Too much poor results make no surprise to them liao I guess.

    Can't imagine the dreadful situation when we marginally beat a 2nd division team in league Cup 2 nd round would come as a shocking news.

  9. #89
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Liverpool is getting headline everyday.

    ie..St John and lawrenson called for Houllier, Hansen felt that Houllier will be sacked had we not again qualified for CL next season, Gerrad to be father, Houllier claim that he is still the manager next season, Survey done by Liverpool Daily post,Owen being linked to Read Madrid, Thaksin is eyeing Liverpool ownership...etc...etc...

    Really Amazing !!!

    Liverpool used to be the club of which is on the newspaper because of our good results and strong performance. It seems that the media is getting bored to pin point our poor results. Too much poor results make no surprise to them liao I guess.

    Can't imagine the dreadful situation when we marginally beat a 2nd division team in league Cup 2 nd round would come as a shocking news.
    don't worry wong_se,

    i thought we, as die-hards, should have gotten used to it all? haha

    there's always sunshine after a storm... our time will come.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #90
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    there's always sunshine after a storm... our time will come.
    But our last sunshine was 1991 and it is still storming in Anfield.

    We have not even seen a dim light of the long ...dark tunnel......

    What I worried most as of now --

    We can't qualify for champion league, and owen did not want to sign a new contract. and under bosman ruling, he walk out of anfield as what Macca did on us. After owen left, the moral is very low. And Cisse won;t join. we have heskey as our main striker.

  11. #91
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    But our last sunshine was 1991 and it is still storming in Anfield.

    We have not even seen a dim light of the long ...dark tunnel......

    What I worried most as of now --

    We can't qualify for champion league, and owen did not want to sign a new contract. and under bosman ruling, he walk out of anfield as what Macca did on us. After owen left, the moral is very low. And Cisse won;t join. we have heskey as our main striker.
    haha

    u're right...

    macca went on to greater things in soccer but he also left behind a heavy bitter after-taste for every Reds fan... owen will demand the club to sell him instead of walking out. but u can never say 'never'.

    maybe we will have no choice but to sell Owen away at the end of the season if we ever failed to qualify for Champs League. if we failed to qualify it is because we aren't good enough. owen may feel jusitified that he should leave Liverpool F.C in order to advance in his footballing career. if he does go, then it might be the dawn of a new era for Liverpool F.C. , be it for the better or for the worse...

    we can always try again the next season, although it is really frustrating and sickening to even harbour the defeatist thought. but, do we really have a choice now? beggars don't get to be choosers! we shouldn't even be in this dire position to begin with, we should be trying to fight for the title like Chelski.

    let us just sit back and relax. wait for the outcome. well, if all else fails, we can always meet up at CHIJMES and moan together. haha
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    if we failed to qualify it is because we aren't good enough. owen may feel jusitified that he should leave Liverpool F.C
    Part of the reason if we fail to qualify for CL is because the striker does not score enough goals. It is part of Owen fault as well. Had he managed to give a better penalty kick, we might be facing arsenal in the next FA cup match.

    In the match against Portsmouth, the only players I can see whom are fighting with thier soul, passion, heart for Liverpool were jamie and gerrard. I can forgive others not showing as much as effort and commitment as jamie and gerrard simply because they are not brought up from Liverpool youth. but I was really not happy with owen performance, neither on his effort. He did not really run for the ball, fight for the possesion and help for defence as he used to do before.

    When we decided to resign from current job, there is alwasy a signal that we are not working as hard as those days ? Is he losing faith with the club ? or he is negotiating a contract with other club ??

    let us just sit back and relax. wait for the outcome. well, if all else fails, we can always meet up at CHIJMES and moan together.
    wah...u really can realx man...when i watched liverpool playing like **** these days, my blooding was boiling. There was even an incident when I watched liverpool playing , my wife said that "it is waste of your time lah, they sure lose one" , we ended up in quarrel because I asked her to keep her shut adn "rolled" out from the tv room had she not being confortable while liverpool was on life telecast.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 25th February 2004 at 03:05 PM.

  13. #93
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Part of the reason if we fail to qualify for CL is because the striker does not score enough goals. It is part of Owen fault as well. Had he managed to give a better penalty kick, we might be facing arsenal in the next FA cup match.

    In the match against Portsmouth, the only players I can see whom are fighting with thier soul, passion, heart for Liverpool were jamie and gerrard. I can forgive others not showing as much as effort and commitment as jamie and gerrard simply because they are not brought up from Liverpool youth. but I was really not happy with owen performance, neither on his effort. He did not really run for the ball, fight for the possesion and help for defence as he used to do before.

    When we decided to resign from current job, there is alwasy a signal that we are not working as hard as those days ? Is he losing faith with the club ? or he is negotiating a contract with other club ??



    wah...u really can realx man...when i watched liverpool playing like **** these days, my blooding was boiling. There was even an incident when I watched liverpool playing , my wife said that "it is waste of your time lah, they sure lose one" , we ended up in quarrel because I asked her to keep her shut adn "rolled" out from the tv room had she not being confortable while liverpool was on life telecast.
    Owen is caught in a mire as his GF fell off a horse... his sister was nearly kidnapped... his relationship with the Kop fans declined... his constant struggle with fitness and his inevitable loss of form, now.

    well, its alrite with me. i believe he will be back to his best!

    what i've learnt is never to let Liverpool get in touch with spouses and GFs alike. the result could be deadly. they can't understand why i;m gesticulating wildly everytime Liverpool is on show and neither do they understand why i shout 'yessssssssssss!!!' each time Liverpool scores.

    and it is most advisable for them to isolate me and ignore me if Liverpool loses or played badly. its a good thing i don't drink, gamble and watch soccer games! if not, the added burden will simply drive all my loved ones to their grave, prematurely. haha

    moral of the story, watch Liverpool games with a bunch of die-hards Reds fans and not with spouses or GFs...

    i've also learnt to be more accepting that Liverpool is in a state of slow and progressive decline of which the gaffer is trying to arrest, to some level of success...

    maybe i thought finishing 7th place during one of graeme souness's season in charge was the worst... now, struggling in no-man's land at 4th, 5th, 6th placing or watever, is the same old sickening feeling.

    i feel the same as u do, that success at Anfield is long overdue but it won't happen soon as the team has no continuity at all. so, wat can i do but to act cool and take it all on my stride when fans of other clubs come rubbing it in?

    i'm hoping i get the last laugh this season, though.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #94
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    walk on, walk on
    with hope in your heart
    and you'll never walk alone

  15. #95
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    frankly, i'm embarrassed by monsieur houllier's constant 'injury' excuses.

    it is so embarrassing that we have to conjure up a list of injuries instead of admitting that we just are not up to scratch with our opponents.

    where's the passion?

    perhaps monsieur houllier should really start to admit and share some blames, instead of pushing it all away...


    got carried away while reading on soccernet.

    here, if u wanna know why...

    Liverpool...
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 25th February 2004 at 05:27 PM.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    oh no... i guess i mux haf aged... badly.
    haha

    thanks for the reminder!

    robbie's still my all time fave!
    its ok...i also dont remember that match. i just tell you what i read. good thing i didnt have ask you to take it up with the author. the guy passed away before the book was finished. his dad had to complete it for him.

  17. #97
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Owen is caught in a mire as his GF fell off a horse... his sister was nearly kidnapped... his relationship with the Kop fans declined... his constant struggle with fitness and his inevitable loss of form
    He is believed to be paid GBP60,000 a week. The max no of games in a week is 2 games, or 180min +. Turn to ne GBP330 or or SGD560 per min of working.
    HOw can u not be fully concentrated when he is on the pitch ??


    Finger cross, pray pray tonight for the UEFA game.

  18. #98
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    He is believed to be paid GBP60,000 a week. The max no of games in a week is 2 games, or 180min +. Turn to ne GBP330 or or SGD560 per min of working.
    HOw can u not be fully concentrated when he is on the pitch ??


    Finger cross, pray pray tonight for the UEFA game.
    still got training to attend..

  19. #99
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    still got training to attend..
    yes, i know. but the performance review is done on the match performance.

    The fnas who buy the tickets, and contribute to Liverpool incomes and players; wages, dun care whether they turn up or do a a good training or not. We want "RESULTS" and "GOALS" when they are playing actual match.


    Bad news for us, Heskey and Kewell may be out for tonight. Signama is confirmed not available. It is most likely Baros and Owen partnership.

  20. #100
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Bad news for us, Heskey and Kewell may be out for tonight. Signama is confirmed not available. It is most likely Baros and Owen partnership.
    part good news for me as I prefer the Owen Baros partnership. I hope Murphy replaces Cheyrou.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •