Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728 LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

latest odds for Liverpool to win EPL this season is 14/1....

damn no respect to LFC....anyway...$100 for a return of $1400 ...not a bad deal ??

Real had made official bid for Baros...i personally think he would stay because he has an unfinished article with Liverpool....he wants to prove to Houllier that he could score but was being made to warm up the bench..

Diouf n Diao might be heading to Pompey on loan

and sammy lee is going off as well. This is a MAJOR revamp at liverpool.
    Hope Baros doesnt leave too, but I think he just might..

sammy lee is leaving too???
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

he left liverpool already dude
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    ...i personally think he would stay because he has an unfinished article with Liverpool....he wants to prove to Houllier that he could score but was being made to warm up the bench..
    well, Cisse got the No.9 shirt, so i think he'll start, if he doesn't perform in the first few games, then baros might get a look it, else, its back to the bench for him i fear... if only he can stay happy like solskaer (shucks how do you spell his name)...

Quote Originally Posted by benleez
    solskaer (shucks how do you spell his name)...
    i think it is SoSars..

a new season and likely a new era without Owen!!

anyone feeling upset over the departure of murphy?

or for that matter, owen(if he does go..)...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    a new season and likely a new era without Owen!!

anyone feeling upset over the departure of murphy?

or for that matter, owen(if he does go..)...
    I guess we all would definitely feel a little about this change in the liverpool squad. But I guess change is needed for improvement. We just have to sit tight and keep faith in rafa.

As for owen, my heart wants him to stay, becasue the team needs english talent, liverpool talent for that matter. I really do not want to see Liverpool becoming like arse or chelsea.

hmm... hadn't realised that Murphy left. Thought he would be a useful team player....

the team needs english talent
    the team needs good player. not necessary english.

btw...what's wrong having us turned to a CHelsea with 22 players coming from 22 countries ??

What we need is to maintain the LFC culture and start winning the tittles.

Muprhy is a good servant...or a soldier if u like.

he is good of his work rate in midfield..can take freekick..

he is MU killer...hhis single goal had defeated several matches against MU.

However..his nest game was the 2001 FA Cup where he managed to close Pires down and limited Pires movement.

Overall, he is not a bad player...indeed good for Houllier game strategy.

However...I believe benitex would prefer a more attacking/creative midfielder.

Ever u question why Benitez keep Smicer (but now injured) but not Murphy ??

what a relief today after gettig know that Owen is almost certain to join Real Madrid. Dun get me wrong...I dun mind Owen to continue playing for Liverpool...but delay any longer will leave the club nothing more than empty pocket...Macca case shall never happen again...

as according to Carra....Owen wants personal glory. If he does not believe the current squad can win anything...let him go...No point having him to play for the club where he does not believe the team is good enough...nor he has the confidence and trust amongst his colleague that the current is capable.

LONDON, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Defender Jamie Carragher says the attraction of winning trophies with Real Madrid could persuade his Liverpool and England team mate Michael Owen to sign for the Spanish giants.
    "When he (Owen) goes down to the England squad he's one of the best players there and sees players who aren't as good as him with more medals and championships, and maybe that's something he wants to rectify," Carragher told British newspapers on Friday.
    "If he does leave, that will be one of the reasons why. We have a new manager (Rafael Benitez) at Liverpool now and maybe it will take us a year or two to get back to the top, so this might be a once in a lifetime opportunity for Michael which he can't turn down."
    According to British newspapers on Friday, striker Owen is on the verge of joining nine-times European champions Real Madrid in an 8 million pounds ($14.65 million) move.
    Owen's contract at Liverpool runs out at the end of this coming season, when he would be able to leave the club on a free transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    what a relief today after gettig know that Owen is almost certain to join Real Madrid. Dun get me wrong...I dun mind Owen to continue playing for Liverpool...but delay any longer will leave the club nothing more than empty pocket...Macca case shall never happen again...

as according to Carra....Owen wants personal glory. If he does not believe the current squad can win anything...let him go...No point having him to play for the club where he does not believe the team is good enough...nor he has the confidence and trust amongst his colleague that the current is capable.

Totally agree with you. But it's just that Madrid played "dirty" and they may end up getting him for 8 million pounds only!!

There is also a right sided winger thrown in I think, but not Rafa's first choice of juanfran. We'll wait and see but I just hope that this deal is done asap.

Hopefully, also they can get Xabi Alonso man!!! Exciting player especially during the 2002/2003 Primera Liga season when Sociadad came in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    hmm... hadn't realised that Murphy left. Thought he would be a useful team player....

What???!!! He's crap and so are those sengalese flops. Liverpool players i see only have been degressing and not progressing since they finished 2nd.

Hopefully wif Rafa, they can be more attack-minded and score goals wif Cisse and Baros. Now, if they can find the right man to play in the hole (Xabi Alonso?) it should be perfect. We'll just have to wait and see.

Good luck to him if he decides to go.

Owen...should go. he's out of fresh ideas. it could due to his recurring injuries. he's amazing, really. but he should go if he doesnt believe in the new squad.
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

I also really hope that they can go for Saviola (Javier), since the arrival of Et'o (Samuel) should cause further rifts bet Javier and the manager.

something wrong with this thread...so many pages being deleted ??