Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    ...Houllier is now on the list of LFC-past manager.

I am now more concerned about the new manager...
    Then quit slagging him off... like you say, he's past now.

i'm pretty much against the thaksin investment...
    me as well...

there is stilll some outstanding issue not to be settle, ie no of seat in the Board. Thaksin investment is equalled to 30% share. He asked for 2 seats.

But the Board only willing to give him 1 seat. I feel this is too title.

Unless the no of board member is 3 to 4 people. If not, 30% share should at least buy Thaksin more than 2 seats.

Hope the current board is willing to close the deal and take Thaksin money, build a better stadium in Stanley Park and pump in some money for the new manager.

I am sure this summer will be very busy....

Default Parry: Our Decision Was Based On Results

I believe Rick Parry statemnet would have answered most of our question;

Rick Parry today revealed the thought of going another season without challenging for the Premiership title was the motivating factor behind the decision to part company with Gerard Houllier.

The search for Houllier's successor will continue in earnest over the coming days and weeks as the Reds search for the man to build on the Frenchman's legacy and take the club back to the top of English football. But Liverpool's chief executive admitted he wasn't convinced Houllier was the man to make the Reds champions for the first time since 1990 - and that was the reason why the board opted for change. He said: "This season, in points terms it was worse than Roy Evans' final season before Gerard came in. That puts it into perspective. It's been a worse season since the last time we made a managerial change. "If we'd carried on in the same way then I don't think we'd have been a challenger next season. Our decision was based on results and the league table does not lie. "You can picture what it would have been like had we lost the first few games of next season. The pressure would have been intolerable, and that isn't the right time to be contemplating a change of manager. "Can we guarantee we can do better? No. You can't guarantee anything, but we do feel it was appropriate to make the change now and at least head in the right direction. "Nobody is talking about guaranteeing titles. It's about getting closer to success and getting the fans believing we are getting closer." Houllier insisted his leaving of Liverpool was due to the "sudden excessive pressure" placed on him and the board since the end of the season, but Parry explains it was a decision based solely on results. He said: "The pressure is only a reflection of the results. You don't get pressure if you are winning every week. But it does get to the point where it becomes very difficult and some form of change is needed. "Pressure flows from the results, not the other way around. We were mindful of what the fans were thinking, you couldn't not be aware of it. But they are only reflecting what the league table is telling us. It's a reinforcement, there are no inconsistencies between the two."

Mourinho anyone?
    Seems like he wants to walk in the paths of Shankly and Paisley..

rafael benitez looks very distant now..

let's jus wait for the drama to unfold...
    so long as its not gordon strachan!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Eh? Distant? What news is that based on? I think half the press here are already convinced he's virtually here and the other half are thinking he's still thinking about it. But he is thinking about it.

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I believe Rick Parry statemnet would have answered most of our question;

Rick Parry today revealed the thought of going another season without challenging for the Premiership title was the motivating factor behind the decision to part company with Gerard Houllier.

The search for Houllier's successor will continue in earnest over the coming days and weeks as the Reds search for the man to build on the Frenchman's legacy and take the club back to the top of English football. But Liverpool's chief executive admitted he wasn't convinced Houllier was the man to make the Reds champions for the first time since 1990 - and that was the reason why the board opted for change. He said: "This season, in points terms it was worse than Roy Evans' final season before Gerard came in. That puts it into perspective. It's been a worse season since the last time we made a managerial change. "If we'd carried on in the same way then I don't think we'd have been a challenger next season. Our decision was based on results and the league table does not lie. "You can picture what it would have been like had we lost the first few games of next season. The pressure would have been intolerable, and that isn't the right time to be contemplating a change of manager. "Can we guarantee we can do better? No. You can't guarantee anything, but we do feel it was appropriate to make the change now and at least head in the right direction. "Nobody is talking about guaranteeing titles. It's about getting closer to success and getting the fans believing we are getting closer." Houllier insisted his leaving of Liverpool was due to the "sudden excessive pressure" placed on him and the board since the end of the season, but Parry explains it was a decision based solely on results. He said: "The pressure is only a reflection of the results. You don't get pressure if you are winning every week. But it does get to the point where it becomes very difficult and some form of change is needed. "Pressure flows from the results, not the other way around. We were mindful of what the fans were thinking, you couldn't not be aware of it. But they are only reflecting what the league table is telling us. It's a reinforcement, there are no inconsistencies between the two."
    search no more..... just appoint phil thompson..

you are joking right?

don't really think benitez will come to liverpool.
    he doesn't really have the incentive to, apart from the challenge.
    valencia has champions league next season as well. they are the la liga champions now. he has built up the team and i think he will definitely want to win the champions league with valencia.
    just read from soccernet that he himself state that he wants to stay put in valencia so

get mourinho!!!

no to curbishley
    no to strachan
    no to o'neill
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

How about P.N. Sivaji ..... hahahaha

GH has done his part for Liverpool and I respect him as the manager. Hopefully, the new manager can bring Liverpool to greater heights.

Hey Jed, any latest scoop on who's to be lfc nxt manager? The speculation is driving everyone crazy.. every lfc forums are coming up with their opinions on beni or mourin.. head hurts

First liverpool echo say its benitez.. and he himself later deny that he's coming according to a report by bbc..

And that mourinho guy.. he's reallllllllly good in keeping secrets.. his latest interview after the CL final did not reveal much... cunning bloke

arghss...

Mourinho says his future will be revealed today.. and I do hope so!!!

I believe the board has already decided who's to be the next manager else parry wun be in barbados now... unless....

is he really on holiday?

mourinho set for chelsea.
    Was reading what lawro said about Benitez..
    quoting him..

"Pablo Aimar pulling the strings in midfield, anyone? Ayala alongside Sami Hyypia? He is sure to harness the best talent at Anfield at present and reinforce that with some top quality players."

given valencia in debt..this might just happen..

mouth watering aint it..

Isn't it interesting to note that the original post mentioned about Gerrard Houllier and Emille Heskey, and both were the first to go? Now that there is a good possibility that Benitez is coming, and possibly, Aimar and Ayala joining, the prospects suddenly seem very bright. Now where did I keep my Liverpool jersey . . . . . .
    Last edited by Parchiao; 1st June 2004 at 08:35 PM.

wow!!

Benitez quit Valencia!!!!!
    is he headed for Anfield?!?!

No, Benitez is headed to Chelsea. Abramovich is signing up all the top managers to stop them going to the opposition.

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    No, Benitez is headed to Chelsea. Abramovich is signing up all the top managers to stop them going to the opposition.
    roman "tinkerman" abramovich rotating his managers... he's finally learnt something from claudio.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526 ... LastLast