Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1217202122232427 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Hahah ... you are a Heskey supporter.
    if u read my arguement and my views... i always analyse the heskey contribution the team performance.

i am not a true heskey supporter.

if he leaves liverpool, then I will not support him anymore.

I would rather a more liverpool fans, on those players who do a good job for liverpool, then I support him ie...kewell...gerrard....

i like Heskey.
    i think he contributed alot to Liverpool's clause. however, he still shouldn't be a Giggsy for Liverpool...i.e playing ont he left wing.

but i believe he's leaving at the end of the season with Djibril Cisse coming into the side.

will not be surprised to see Henchoz, Traore leaving too. but Biscan? i don;t think so.
    hope Newcastle slip up tonight... kekeke
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

woo hoooo!
    Newcastle could only draw with Saints! 3-3!!

haha! we qualified through sheer good fortune!

yea....newcastle draw..unless aston villa can beat MU in their last match by at least a 12 goal difference....Liverpool is on the way to CL again next year. Owen will sign the contract, Cisse will come...

As I expected...newcastle play with tired leg..too many young player injured ie...woodaget....bellamy...and dyer....

Rely merely on old player will dry out if too many games in 10 days..

Default Heskey is leaving Liverpool to Birmingham

Birmingham City manager Steve Bruce today insisted that a deal to take Liverpool striker Emile Heskey to St Andrews could be completed within 48 hours.
    The England striker has been linked with a return to the Midlands for weeks now and Bruce has made no secret of his desire to add Heskey to his squad before the start of Euro 2004. Now Bruce insists the transfer is almost complete.

"We are close to agreeing a new deal and we hope to complete it within the next 48 hours," claimed the former Manchester United star.
    "Hopefully we will be able to make Emile a Birmingham player within the next two days."

Heskey joined Liverpool from Leicester City in March 2000 and scored 60 goals in 277 appearances for the Anfield club.

all the best Heskey

if he is no longer Liverpool player, I will no longer support him.

I appreciate what he had contributed to the team.

He is being made way for Cisse.

To me, once you are a liverpool player, you will always be a liverpool player. Except for Thompson from Blackburn!!!

heskey's making way for djibril cisse...

hopefully he'll do well over in Birmingham...

Heskey's been sold.

Its sad to know that Heskey has left. Wishing him all the best! Search your heart guys. I think deep inside all of us, we know that Heskey has been a great Liverpool player!! All the best to him again. It is a sad sad loss to Liverpool.

alot remains to be seen from djibril cisse! seems like an exciting new season for LIVERPOOL!!!!

let's see how well steven gerrard, michael owen and jamie carragher perform for England this Euro championship.

LONDON, May 18 (Reuters) - England striker Emile Heskey joined Birmingham City from premier league rivals Liverpool on Tuesday for a club record 6.25 million pounds ($11.03 million).
    Blues manager Steve Bruce, who has signed Heskey on a five-year contract, told Birmingham's website: "This is an absolutely fantastic signing for the club.
    "He is still only 26 years old, has 40 England caps to his name and will be representing his country at Euro 2004.
    "Hopefully, he will be the first of several high-profile signings that we will be making this summer."
    A record signing for Liverpool when he joined from Leicester City for 11 million pounds in 2000, Heskey scored only 60 goals in over 200 appearances and was often the subject of criticism from the Merseyside club's fans.
    His best form came in the 2000-01 season when he scored 22 goals to help Liverpool win the FA, League and UEFA Cups.
    "Birmingham is a progressive and ambitious club...but they are building within a sensible framework, without throwing money around and jeopardising the future of the club," Heskey said.
    "I am keen to play as an out-and-out striker, which I haven't done since my second season at Liverpool, and Steve has made it clear that is the role that he sees for me."
    Heskey, who will partner Finnish striker Mikael Forssell at City, is making way at Liverpool for the expected signing of Auxerre striker Djibril Cisse.
    Liverpool finished the season fourth in the premier league, securing a place in the Champions League qualifying round. Birmingham ended the campaign in 10th place.
    Heskey was named on Monday in England's squad for Euro 2004, where he will challenge Wayne Rooney for a place alongside his former Liverpool team mate Michael Owen.

His best form came in the 2000-01 season when he scored 22 goals to help Liverpool win the FA, League and UEFA Cups.
    there are not many strikers who scored 22 goals in a season.

Personally I appreciate what he did to LFC.

for Emile Heskey's service...

Smile

personally i think that Houllier should stay for one more season to prove that he is right in the team's tactics...

n also Heskey, he has proven himself in the last few matches... hope he will be given a chance...

n btw its ok for a club to hav a big squad... to deal with injury...

n jus heard that Thaksin, The Thailand Prime Minister had bought over 30% of Liverpool...
    Simple Is Beautiful...

i'm pretty much against the idea of Liverpool selling their stakes to outsiders (Thaksin is very much an outsider made worse by the fact that he's Man Utd through and through ... not forgetting too that he's a businessman)..

even selling the shares to steve morgan, of whom i feel has a hidden agenda in purchasing the shares, does not look viable to me.

anyway, that's up to the board to decide.

but i have to concede that the club needs the investment in order to challenge for greater honours...

Glad to see Heskey go... but hoping he won't do well.... else Heskey + Forsell is quite a scary partnership.. Birmingham should do quite well next season..

Default Another striker for Liverpool?

Whites reject United bids for Smith

Leeds have rejected two offers from Manchester United - of 3,500,000 and 5,500,000 - for striker Alan Smith, deeming them unsatisfactory.The Red Devils initially made a derisory bid of 3.5m for Smith, and after that was turned down, the Old Trafford board returned with an improved bid of 5.5m.

That has also been thrown out as Leeds value the forward at closer to the 10m mark, and it is understood Liverpool are now prepared to step in.

A Leeds spokesman confirmed: "The offers by Manchester United substantially undervalue Alan Smith's position as a top Premiership player.

"He is worth far more than what Manchester United are prepared to pay for him. Both offers were rejected immediately.''

With Emile Heskey joining Birmingham on Tuesday for 6.25m, Anfield boss Gerard Houllier has the funds at his disposal to snatch Smith from under the noses of their great rivals.

Leeds are clearly determined to get the best possible price for Smith, and are proving they will not be held to ransom, despite their relegation to the Football League.

It is believed Smith and his representatives have held preliminary negotiations with Liverpool, who are in a hard-bargaining position after recently guaranteeing themselves Champions League football for next season.

The move would see Smith link up with Harry Kewell, who left Elland Road last summer for 5m, although the Whites only received half that figure as 2m went to agent Bernie Mandic and the remaining 500,000 to the player's pension fund.

But Smith to Liverpool would at least sit better with the Leeds supporters than Smith to Manchester United.
    (Source: www.teamtalk.com)

No, he's probably off to Man Utd.

And Wong Se's probably a really happy bunny today. Rumours are that Houllier was sacked over the weekend. A press conference has been called for noon today.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1217202122232427 ... LastLast