Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Jed,
    You make perfect sense, and I will always be behind liverpool, have been for the past 20 years now.
    I just feel frustrated as a liverpool fan.
    What is the general mood and expectation in Liverpool now? Are you guys equally frustrated? If so, at what?
    I know it may be unfair to put the blame on the management, afterall they did bring back the treble couple of seasons ago (seems like aeons now), but i just cant help thinking something is amiss in that area. Our team just cant deliver.
    There must be something wrong when the kop starts jeering..
    I dunno...
    However, I do know that I will relish every opportunity to whip man utd!

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    There must be something wrong when the kop starts jeering..
    Maybe the Liverpool PR machinery could hire William Hung to do a rendition of You'll Never Walk Alone before every match to whip up the cheering mood of the supporters? I can just imagine the hips swaying . . . .

Or Houllier or the players should say something like "I already gave my best and I have no regrets at all." after every match.

correction,,,,he didn't sell Anelka, he was on loan, instead he didn't buy Anelka....agree that Anelka would be a better choice (better finishing too) then Diouf if the manager could manage him........

Quote Originally Posted by fox
    totally agree!!!
    I think his worst career choice was to sell Anelka and get Diouf (who IMHO looks like Ahmad Latiff). Maybe he should have gotten Indra Shadan

yup...frustrated fan i am.....but still a liverpool fan....

dont know do you guys share the same feeling when watching pool play: every time the opponent in possession, they seems to be more threatening and able to score, but not for liverpool even if they got chance to fast break they will wait & wait, pass the ball around till the cows (defenders) come home.............

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Jed,
    I just feel frustrated as a liverpool fan.
    What is the general mood and expectation in Liverpool now? Are you guys equally frustrated? If so, at what?

houllier did spent a fair bit of money on players....
    a uefa cup..a couple of league/FA cup is what he has to show for.

with all due respect, in a smaller club like Birmingham or Leicester city...there may already be bronze statue of him in the town square.

with Liverpool? he is a Manager tt everyone loves to hate.
    Liverpool is a legendary football club not just in England but in Europe as well...the reason is simply b'cos of its collection of prestigious silverware in the past...its credential is easily longer than this thread...

but now that he won those forgettable domestic trophies (which big clubs like them, uses it as fixtures for fringe players) and less glamourous European honours (big Europe clubs deemed it as a failure when they qualified for this instead of the Champ. League)

is that a sign of his managerial prowess....hmm....or rather the lack of it...
    the measure of a classy team in England is a domination of your domestic league.
    And the measure of a great team is being the Champion of Europe...

Something the likes of Man U and Arsenal can lay claimed to...but which, sadly L'pool has falters far behind.

Rather than blame players for the lack of ability (disagreed by most fans...read owen, gerard, kewell, hypia, most clubs will take them with open arms) the finger can be point almost solely on the boss. He is paid highly for a club like L'pool to do well, period.
    Even the purchase of misfits have to be approved by him (traore, biscan, diao).

On the question of who is capable enough to replace him...that is rather subjective...a continental tactician (Trappatoni, Eriksson, Marcello Lippi) or a shrewd englishman (Martin O'Neil, Alan Curbishley, David Moyes) is very much up for debates.

BUT the point is...can it get any worse than what GH has achieved in recent years....

I am no liverpool fan but its a real petty to see liverpool as it is now,
    used to play such good and flowing game, and so feared by their opponents......

didn't follow liverpool progress closely, but i thot the decline starts from Roy Evan,
    houllier made it worse by playing so defensively the first few years when he take over, so boring that i didn;t want to watch them at one stage,
    look at the way Arsenal, Man U play, so entertaining to watch,
    player wise there is so many talent out there in the current team, so i reckon the problem lies with the boss,
    just my 1 cents worth.....

I'm not saying Cheyrou, biscan and the rest of houllier's buys aren't good. It's just that they don't progress under him.

Give Cheyrou to Arsene Wenger and he'll become the next robert pires

Buying talent is one thing, being able to cultivate it is another..

And Houllier fails miserably in that aspect

He is a total, complete failure in that aspect

[1] People need to realise that advancing players and coaching them is a big big job not necessarily mainly down to the manager. Clubs and countries have a plethora of coaching staff to do the job. Managers usually do little first team training directly.

[2] People need to scrub the idea that Liverpool have a god given right to be among the best in Europe. Ultimately it is how we're performing on the pitch that makes the difference and if we're not performing, then there's no need for comparisons with Man Utd. Although when did Arsenal last win the Champions League?

Portsmouth vs Liverpool soon

what u guys think?

methink Pools narrow win by 2:1

ok ok.......

another usual performance by the pools.....dunnot what reason the manager going to come up with this time round?

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    Portsmouth vs Liverpool soon

what u guys think?

methink Pools narrow win by 2:1

wat can i say?

let us all just hide one corner and
    this is especially true for Liverpool nowadays. and houllier should be man enough to 'ta bao' all the blames and not blame it all on injuries and bad luck etc.

the players must be blamed too.

this is the price u pay for being with the Reds nowadays. seeing owen 'pass' the penalty to hislop, my heart jus shattered. i know Liverpool will not go on and beat Portsmouth... the 15mins late start due to traffic congestion resulting in Liverpool's coach being late... that's a bad sign, eh?

oh well, another less tournament to care for. now, we must stay focus for a 4th place finish...

if houllier goes, i hope we get Martin O'Neill over!!

really, we gotta Hold Our Heads Up High this time round.

Go LIVERPOOL! GO!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Do we? (Want Martin O'Neill over)

I just watched his team beat Partick 4-1. Great. But that was Partick Thistle no offence to them...

dark days for LFC these days.. nothing seem to go right.. sigh..

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fox
    Hi there,

just wondering how many Liverpool fans are in clubsnap and what are your views on Gerard Houllier and EMILY HESKEY?
    Personally, I think the artist formerly known as "EMILE" has been played in rather 'bad' positions by club and country. The boy is obviously the out and out center forward type, but what do they do to him? Use him as a wide player or as support for the pip squeak Owen who has been scheming all this up from day one!

Frankly, I think the big man is just bored to tears and is very unmotivated these days.

The ironic thing is that I think the Liverpool of ole (Dalglish - as player, Terry McDermott, David Johnson, Clemence, Kennedyx2, Phil Neal, Thompson, etc) played a far more continental game than the Liverpool of today, and that is just sad, given that their current manager is a Frenchman.

Maybe someone ought to send Mr Houllier tapes from *the* glory days and remind him that he shouldn't tell his players to play the dumbie English way so often.

the truth is, Liverpool is really playing well these days.
    the problem is, they are not getting the points and goals.
    and the biggest mystery is, why is Heskey on the left wing?

he should be in the centre and head on and lay down the ball for Owen and gang. instead... we have him on the left, trying to do a Giggs or a Pires????

guess we need more consistency from the backline and a regular goalkeeper. in fact, we need consistency from all players, maybe less Stevie Gerrard only. the rest are not up to spark, currently.

anyway, we can only discuss and post our thoughts here. nothing's gonna change anything.

but nevertheless, Go LIVERPOOL GO!!

Can change things... you must have faith. We can form a consortium and buy over Liverpool, then we can make all the decisions. Come, if we all sell our cameras, confirm can buy Liverpool. In fact we can probably afford Man Utd too, and then dissolve that club just for the heck of it...

nice idea..

ermmm....i would beg to differ.....they are not playing well, at times maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    the truth is, Liverpool is really playing well these days.
    the problem is, they are not getting the points and goals.

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    ermmm....i would beg to differ.....they are not playing well, at times maybe.
    heh heh
    maybe so!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    heh heh
    maybe so!
    After yesterday's results, you still believe so?

There goes our last chance at a piece of silverware for this lacklustre season. I think its about time for a shakeup, starting with Houllier himself. Many fans out there are baying that it is time for Houllier to go, but seems like the board has not heard their cries. Well, if this result isn't proof, then what is?

BTW I'm a Pool fan too and it gives me agony to see them go thru such a slump.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast