Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    hi cheesecake,

I understand we have to be fair to Biscan as well.

but I dun want that tom be done in the expense of Liverpool defeat.

Lost to Southampton, Totthenham, Arsenal, etc....his consistantly mistake costs us too many points liao....
    yes wong_se...

likewise, i share ur grief.. but really, Henchoz won't get another bite any more i feel. knowing Houllier, it is highly unlikely Henchoz will get to play. all he can do is to keep Steve Finnan, Smicer and maybe Traore company by warming the bench.

let's hope for the best, still.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Babbel and hencoz, both publicly critised (in fact, it is mere "said somethng not nice") both will hav the same path, out of Anfield.

Sad to see both them go.

Yeap, cheers up. we have Traore and Biscan for us where Houllier have faith and highly rated, our chances to finish above 10th seat in next EPL season is achieveable...not to mention there is a new French Zidane playing in the midfield.

Traore and Biscan are the pits of the Liverpool defence. The abosolute pits. Tell you what I think, Hesky could even be a better defender that the two of them combined.

Traore + Biscan = above 10th place. May not even be acheivable.

another loss.
    another defeat.
    1-0 to charlton.
    anyone any thoughts?

as for me...

totally speechless.

finally. well, 1-0 to bogey team, charlton.

i can see the fans tearing off the seats at anfield... shouting for the head of Houllier again...

anyone really think that with the departure of Houllier, things will pick up?

i tink heskey plays an important role as a support striker... he can really hold the ball and challenge defenders... if he isnt playing... owen look like a headless chicken at times....

houllier has lost the plot after mcallister and litmanen has left..
    he cant keep changing his 1st eleven and try playing his players in awkward positions...

houllier must sell....sell....sell.......no.1 target: IGOR BISCAN
    2: TRAORE
    3: DIAO
    4: DIOUF
    Anyway it really hurts me to see the team rot tis season... when on paper it looks so promising team... i have been a follower of POOL since the FA cup final lost to wimbledon... really missed seeing the flair and touch and go style they were playing before........ nowadays the team's attack is so predictable...

Well guys..... next time POOL come here(SPORE) must organise a shoot.

another 'cup final' lost ...

Add Houllier to the list. Add "the new Zidane" to the list. Add Owen to the list. Add Dudek to the list. In order of who should go first.

1. Houllier
    2. Traore
    3. Biscan
    4. Diao
    5. Cheyrou
    6. Dudek
    7. Diouf
    8. Owen

saw the 'replay'. got quite a number of decent chances but all miss and miss and miss. really, wat are chances when u don't put them away?

to sell list?

i think if this is Championship Manager...
    and i'm managing Liverpool... i'll sell alot of players in the team.
    on a personal FANTASY version... and opinion.
    i'll replace Houllier, of cos!

sell...

dudek.
    he lost it all in the 2002 world cup and has yet to recover. his 'freebies' to Man Utd hurts too much. even till now, the goals scored by ms.forlan tortures me to no end.

traore.
    how did he even get into the Liverpool team?

diao.
    he totally faded away. too concerned with his hairstyle.

michael owen.
    holding the club at ransom? his rumoured gambling habits will ruin his career if he carries on this way. no point keeping him. he seems to be losing his pace and losing the ability to take on defenders. anyone can tell me when was the last time he takes on defenders, at all? sell him for more quids to spend on further strengthing the team. to be honest, he can fetch some quids, provided clubs are willing to invest in him.

steve finnan.
    y? i don't know why... can anyone tell me why he was bought in the first place?

players like biscan, cheyrou, diouf, heskey, kewell... they jus need to be played in the right position by any manager.

totally speechless x 10^6

what u think personally?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

anyone really think that with the departure of Houllier, things will pick up?

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    what u think personally?
    i think the mental strength of the players are weak.
    i think with a change at the top, it will freshen things up.

it's about time for a change. but let's wait till the end of the season..

Put it simply, Mr Houllier should go first. HE IS THE MAN TO GO!!!

I hate that gumpy old face sulking at a corner when Liverpool is behind. What we need is a manager with passion. Just any manager with passion. Just imagine, if you are a player on the pitch and your team is down 1 nil, you look at the manager and the face is a gumpy, sulky like the world is ending today, what will you think?? Die la..... this time surely lose already.

IMHO, we really need a manager with passion. Houllier lacks this X-factor. When the team is down, it is that loudspeaker Thompson who does the shouting. Houllier just sits on that stupid chair licking his wound. We need someone with the character of O'Neil. Look at all the top managers, they have PASSION in them. That is what Liverpool lacks!!

As for the players, I think we should really let go Biscan (spoiler) and Owen (yeah.... headless chicken). As for the rest, I just feel that they are played out of position.

I think the Liverpool squad has a lot of potential. It breaks my heart to see them lose. But every match they lose tells me that Houllier is nearly to the SACK!! At the end of the day, I think it is Houllier's departure that will see things turn around. I think losing games to get him sack may be a blessing in disguise.

i know in order to improve the squad, many suggested who should go....etc..

but it was Houllier who saw the potential and bought them in.

For example, he thinks Traore, Biscan, Diao , Cheyrou, Finnan can do a job.

He kept playing them and having faith with these players.

If he is still the manager, he will still insist on these players.

Even at the end of last season, I already gave my view, the first one to go is Houllier. My friends all jumped to me and said that one more chance lah..

I said before I have never place my bet against Liverpool. but if I had placed a bet with my friends (Liverpudians as well) that they would not be finished the season by top 4, I would have bang in another few hundreds dollar.

The way they playing and losin, really dun deserve 4th place. No passion, no confidence, no idea how to attack, no killing strike, the worst is---no tactics.

<sigh>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

almost everytime we lost, Houllier would come up with an excuse but admitted that we are not good enough neither he would take the full responsibility as the way Queriroz did when Real suffered several defeats recently.

Was wondering what type of excuse Houllier would come up after last night 0-1 defeat to Charlton.

Pls read ;

"A draw would have been a fair result and Charlton rode their luck at times. We only have ourselves to blame although I wasn't happy with their goal. It wasn't a corner and I think the referee evened it up when he didn't give them a penalty.

It seems that the luck has not been us for any matches for the whole season. neither the referee is on myside
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 13th April 2004 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao
    Add Houllier to the list. Add "the new Zidane" to the list. Add Owen to the list. Add Dudek to the list. In order of who should go first.

1. Houllier
    2. Traore
    3. Biscan
    4. Diao
    5. Cheyrou
    6. Dudek
    7. Diouf
    8. Owen
    i think its easier to have a 'to keep' list instead.

1. gerrard
    2. ? theres no no.2!!

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    what u think personally?
    if you look at the trend, most of the time teams usually improve when a new manager comes in. but after a while, its back to old days.

hmm..is that why some of the clubs, esp Italian, changes their coach so frequently....

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    if you look at the trend, most of the time teams usually improve when a new manager comes in. but after a while, its back to old days.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 71215161718192227 ... LastLast