Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    There is no better time to beat Arsenal than now! Pile up their misery!!
    Best if Chelsea pips them to the premiership and milwall beats manutd in the final!
    arsenal will prevail!!

but i hope millwall beats manu too

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    arsenal will prevail!!

but i hope millwall beats manu too
    GO LIVERPOOL!!!!!

i'll only be able to catch it at 8pm though... but i'm thankful for it anyway!

go LIVERPOOL!!! GO!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Yeah..win all matches and qualify for cpl.

The best thing that can happen is for Liverpool to miss out on the 4th spot in the league, and a major shake up in the management and players. They looked terribly pathetic tonight.

GameCast on Soccernet shows that Liverpool had only 36% of the ball possession, which confirms my thoughts that they are simply not playing the game.

Liverpool is a team with no backbone.

in the 2nd half, jus faltered away.

Pathetic performance.

All bad calls for subs..... Why take out Heskey and Diouf when they are playing ok. Biscan seems like the problem leh ........

maybe cos heskey went missing most of the time. cheer up guys liverpool were beaten by a very skillful henry and his supporting cast. 4th spot is still available cos newcastle is up next on arsenal's dinner table.

it was a pathetic performance, maybe shell-shocked by Arsenal.
    can really see the gulf between the 2 sides.

i jus hope that the boys dun despair for they've really lost to a better team. maybe next season will be different!

jus hope that Arsenal can do to Newcastle what they did to us.

awful feeling.

Arsenal were too strong. Have to admit, try again next season.

Henry is too good to be true.

If i were asked to comment on this match, '

henry is good, but our central defender is just too useless.

If u watch again and again and look at Biscan position, he is accounted for all 3 henry's goal.

henry 1st goal - he was chasing Henry rather than in good position to defend. henry attack from the center left, while Biscan is playing as center right position.

henry 2nd goal - Bsiscan did not close Henry down, he invited henry to come closer. While Jamie carranger could not tahan and step in for a challenge. henry is too good, Jamie could not react fast enough. But Biscan try to come in but in fact, he clashed with jamie. Again , henry attacked from central left.

henry hattrik - Similiar situation with 2nd goal. Biscan poisition is totally wrong. he stood too much in front and when Henry came in, he was too late to close him down. he was always chasing the arsenal striker rather than in front of them to defend. The last man to come close to Henry and try to tackle henry was again jamie. Jamie was playing right defender. he had tried to cover Biscan so so many times in a match.

While Hencoz is not injured, Houllier insisted playing the "marvellous" once a day soon to be good central defender.

I read that Hencoz spoke something wrong and was critised by Houllier, I guess Hnecoz will not be playing for Liverpool next season. Babbel is likely not to return to Anfield.

imagine we have either Traore or Diao or Biscan keep partnering Hyypia, our next season goal will be demoted from achieving CL playing to UEFA.

<sigh>>>>>>> what a biscan .........!!!

i think it is regrettable that the defence just surrendered. very angry and deeply disappointed while watching the game during the 2nd half.

just too bad that Thierry Henry hit top form and Arsenal really worked their socks off for the victory.

i would love to believe that it is a 1 off match.

Igor Biscan will be a top defender very soon if he keeps getting games week in week out. Stephane Henchoz was dropped, not injured. i think his future with Liverpool is coming to an end.

let's remain hopeful and wait till the end of the season before we pass any judgment.

next game will be better! just to be sure, i'm watching the Arsenal vs. Newcastle game later. i'm confident Arsenal will go on and win this game and tie up the championship noose.

Go LIVERPOOL!!!!

Even if Biscan can turn to be a good defender, it is at the expense of liverpool EPL chances for qualifying for CL. It is worth ??

If he needs to play week in and week out, as I mentioned earlier, played him at Reserves game to partner Traore.

U need to be a GOOD player to play for Liverpool, and "not to be a good player".

Btw, back to the earlier discussion of the thread, Should heskey be playing for Liverpool ?? I came out with lots of solid ratio to support my view that indeed heskey is doing better for Liverpool than Mutu for Chelsea or even Crespo.

Again, my football mate in KL had posted his view on www.foot365.com
    Full article at http://www.football365.com/opinion/m...y_106145.shtml

He wrote,

Please Keep Heskey!
    I truly hope Emile Heskey will be in Liverpool next season. He's the most under-rated and over-criticized player in EPL.

As no one can argue about his selfless contribution and work rates, we will always be subjected to the same old, same old criticism; his 'poor' goal-scoring rate.

He's not in Owen, Henry or RVN class when it comes to putting one behind the net, but his scoring rate itself is not as poor as many people made it out to be. Nothing outstanding, but not that terrible either.

Think about it.

The fact is, with this season's eight more matches to go, Heskey has already scored 58 goals for Liverpool in four seasons, which averaging around 14.5 goals a season. That is a reasonable average for a player who is clearly playing a 'supporting' role to Owen.

But then, some might argue that we expect more goals from a 11 million pounds signing. Yet Wiltord, who cost Wenger around 13 million pounds in 2000 but only scored around 49 goals for Arsenal, never get as much stick as Heskey.

We have Alan Smith who only scored about seven goals this season and a total of 55 goals in his whole career in Leeds, yet being adored by fans and media alike for his 'hard works, dedication and contributions'. Why the same rules doesn't apply to Heskey? Even in his prime Teddy Sheringham has only managed to snatch around 47 goals for Man Utd in three seasons. But did anyone use it against him? And what about Darius Vassell's return of only 40 goals for Aston Villa since April 1998? This season Vassell has scored even less than Heskey, yet we heard nothing about it?

Take a look back at Kevin Keegan who is one of the legends of Anfield. In six seasons, he scored a total of 100 goals in 323 appearance for Liverpool. That's an average of 1 goal in 3.2 matches, or 16.7 goals per season. Some legends has even lower average, like Ian St John who only scored average of 11.8 goals per season, and Peter Beardsley with 59 goals in 4 seasons.

The facts is, while Heskey's scoring rate is not world class, it is not really as 'poor' as some people said. And it definitely doesn't deserve the level of criticism he has to endured either.
    Kokyee, Liverpool fan, Kuala Lumpur

Morning Liverpool
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

although we lost the game against Arsenal, we are still in 4th.

If we can end the season like this, this season might not be totally mad.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    But then, some might argue that we expect more goals from a 11 million pounds signing. Yet Wiltord, who cost Wenger around 13 million pounds in 2000 but only scored around 49 goals for Arsenal, never get as much stick as Heskey.
    actually wiltord does get some stick from the arsenal fans. he is very wasteful of opportunities. hasnt performed to expectations after all these years. i wont be sorry to seem him move on.

madmacs,

u have a point him. But guess My friend is not saying that Wiltord does not get any stick. But less from Arsenal fans compared to Liverpool fans asking heskey to go.

at least, there is a forum here in CS questioning whether Heskey should play for Liverpool but there is non about Wiltord with Arsenal ....

Compared to 7m Pires, Wiltord is just a white elephant....

Default very bad...

still, this season is already busted irregardless of whether we qualify for the Champs League or not.

if we do, that's a nice but rather undeserved bonus as it won't be achieved through the hard work of the Liverpool players or manager but through the wasteful nature of other teams such as Newcastle, Aston Villa etc.etc.

as for Heskey, maybe all he needs is more chances to play as the main target man and support Owen or Baros.

i think taking Heskey off against Arsenal is madness. Baros lack the physical strength to shackle Campbell or Toure.

sometimes Kewell is really dreaming in midfield. sometimes he shines. any chance of him being more consistent and that would probably see Liverpool with more threat down the wings. Biscan should remain as the centre-back again against Charlton. if anyone wants to be fair to Heskey, he should be fair to Biscan too. and that means giving him more decent runs in the first team.

Henchoz would probably not feature again this season as his outburst will not go down well with our dear gaffer, Houllier.

we've nothing left to be afraid of. just hope that the team can go on and play to the best of their ability. i'll be contended then.

hi cheesecake,

I understand we have to be fair to Biscan as well.

but I dun want that tom be done in the expense of Liverpool defeat.

Lost to Southampton, Totthenham, Arsenal, etc....his consistantly mistake costs us too many points liao....

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast