Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    not forgetting the cheeky back heel!
    haha
    that is very bad and very very outrageous!! but it nearly resulted in a goal!
    go GERRARD!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

OT...

i thought that the commentator, Shebby Singh, was horrible. he can talk alot and he just goes on and on and on... ruining my whole match most of the time!

even the hairstyle of pongolle, he has his own view and nonsensical opinions. his favourite quote... "I mean, I mean..." "I mean, I mean..."
    so much so that i shut the volume off.

even Friday's HERE WE GO is a pain whenever it is his turn to speak out his mind and views... he don't jus speak out, the words FLOW OUT endlessly...
    splattered with "i mean, i mean..." "i mean, i mean..."

but take nothing away from my LIVERPOOL!!!
    what a performance... in a long long while....

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=109481&cc=4716

How much contribution Heskey did to Liverpool win last night ??

He is always the unsung hero, and I felt that sometimes he is just being unfairly treated.

Attached a few line from the above article....

1)On seven minutes Harry Kewell fed Heskey who took three strides, pulling defenders towards him, before slipping the ball neatly to his left where Owen's instant shot from the edge of the box found the bottom corner despite Friedel getting a hand on it.

2)Two minutes later Heskey laid on another with a clever header, but although Owen scampered perfectly into space in the box, his shot soared over the bar.

3)Heskey had one of those all too rare games that shows why he is an England player and his power and movement tormented Rovers' slow back line.

4)Milan Baros took over from Owen on 75 minutes and three minutes later set up the fourth with a neat pass inside for Heskey to drill home his 10th goal of the season to mark one of his best displays of a disappointing, erratic season.

Most importantly, Owen played particularly well when partnering Heskey. And I guess it is why he is still in England Squad.

Wat do u say ??

Red face Heskey!!! =)

heskey has alot of attributes which is ideal for England's style of play.
    a mixture of short passing and long balls of which Heskey is definitely the ideal target man.

he's huge, strong and fast(surprisingly for a huge man). he is pretty decent in aerial duels too and he is excellent to have around your own penalty box area to head away crosses from corners and free kicks. technically, i don;t think he's lacking too.

i don't think Wayne Rooney(he has to be the main contender for a starring role opp. Owen) can offer this much advantage as compared to Emile Heskey. Rooney might be better suited to play in the Paul Scholes's position, off the 2 main strikers as an attacking midfielder in the 'hole' position.

heskey's always been a very good servant to Liverpool's clause and there aren't that many huge defenders outside the English League that can handle Heskey's physical presence. maybe...

all he needs is a good run of games playing as a centre forward and not a wing 'wizard', of which he certainly isn't.

well done in the last game

may be out of topic abit here - Heskey and England (not too relevant to the topic of this thread, Heskey and Liverpool).

How Heskey has performed for England? I know he did not score lots of goal..
    but the last time with Heskey & Owen leading the attack for England, England
    were in WC02 quarterfinal, Heskey goal assist Owen, and lost to the eventual champion Brazil bcos of Seaman or shall it be Ronaldhino.. so i think it's not bad at all lor..for Heskey performance.

I read that from Football Focus when they discussed abt England.. they were saying Sven will most probably bring Heskey to Euro 04 bcos he's a 'different' type of players compared to the likes of Vassell, Rooney or Defoe.

Is it a bad thing? Well, not in my opinion.. bcos if u r talking abt scoring goals.. Owen is always the man for England...

You know why Andy Cole wasn't selected for England during his prime when playing his glory days with MU ? I think it is because he was not as good as Shearer at scoring-goals.. and he offered nothing 'different' to the team..

that's why 'strikers' who is less prolific in term of scoring goals/ lower scoring
    rates, but offer something 'different' like Sheringham ... was chosen
    to partner Shearer..

Moreover, when playing national matches against team like Germany and Italy, they usually have strong defenders and normally come in huge size and quite tall, minimum averagely at 6ft. With Owen partner Defoe, or Owen partner Vasell, or Owen partner Rooney, the leading forces is discounted to be easily challenged and fouled. The team needs extra element like what Heskey can offer, to chest, to head down the ball, and to take the challenge while holding up the ball for Owen to run in the box.

But if a defender only mark Owen and leave space for heskey, heskey has the ability (although not performing very consistent) to run in the box and scored. He did that many times for the first 2 seasons with liverpool, scored against Bayern Munich in the Super CUp, scored against Germany in the 5-1 victory, scored against Denmark in the WC02, semi-quarterfinal.

This practice applies to Heskey-Liverpool as well, i think.

btw, any of the liverpudians did go for the WC2002 Korea/Japan ?

Default Arsenal vs Liverpool?

Arsenal got knocked out of all Cup Competitions which is quite amazing(to lose to Chelski at Highbury??) and they are facing the Mighty Reds(heh heh) this coming Good Friday.

they are in more trouble as we r visiting them next!! haha 2-0 to LIVERPOOL!

taken from Soccernet...

"After their Highbury clash, Liverpool face Charlton, Fulham, Manchester United, Middlesbrough, Birmingham and Newcastle - all sides currently in the top half of the table."

don't seem so easy... i'd say 2-0 Victory over them all and 4-0 over Man Utd. haha

just kidding!
    can't wait for Good Friday!

In fact, I am not too surprised about the result. The quality of Chelsea squad and Arsenal's are not that much different.

I am more shocking to see Monaco kicked out Madrid. No doubt Madrid has much to offer in terms of individual players skill, but Monaco played it with tactics and physical pressure. The best part is, it is Madrid unwanted striker, Morientas who scored the winning for Monaco.

It shows football is not about individual (unless u are Maradona or Pele), but it is about team work, tactics, and self belief of winning mentality.

Hi all,

After i read all the post, these are how i feel (Liverpool fans oso)

pls dun condem Heskey, i feel he play a important supporting role for Owen and liverpool. Pls dun just look on the bad side.

And oso dun push all the blame to the manager when the team didnt perform well. It need the whole team to perform not just the manager strategics.
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Eh, Cheesecake, is 2-0 your usual scoreline?

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee
    Eh, Cheesecake, is 2-0 your usual scoreline?
    it used to be 4-0 or 5-0.
    currently, we are back to 4-0(against Blackburn) but one never knows!
    heskey might play on the left wing against Arsenal... what a surprise package! haha

nowadays, i'm just happy with a solid full blooded performance and a 1-0 or 2-1 or even 2-0 win would be a bonus. against Arsenal at Highbury, it will be hard. but it's almost time we break their stranglehold over us. just look to Chelski and Ranieri for inspiration...

Go LIVERPOOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    In fact, I am not too surprised about the result. The quality of Chelsea squad and Arsenal's are not that much different.

I am more shocking to see Monaco kicked out Madrid. No doubt Madrid has much to offer in terms of individual players skill, but Monaco played it with tactics and physical pressure. The best part is, it is Madrid unwanted striker, Morientas who scored the winning for Monaco.

It shows football is not about individual (unless u are Maradona or Pele), but it is about team work, tactics, and self belief of winning mentality.
    did u watch the game?

Monaco players played with gutso and passion! they played with a real sense of purpose, verymuch unlike a team down by 4-2. they harried Real players and they are always running and gunning. Morientes could have grabbed a hat-trick!

Real players looked shell shocked when Morientes pulled it back to 2-1 for Monaco and 5-4 on aggregate...

now, if only Liverpool players play every game like their last... with gutso and passion, we'll ham-tum Arsenal for sure!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 7th April 2004 at 12:12 PM.

Monaco players played with gutso and passion! they played with a real sense of purpose, verymuch unlike a team down by 4-2.
    this is what I called "self belief of winning mentality".

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    this is what I called "self belief of winning mentality".
    ya... gotta try to know if it will succeed or not... the main thing is to try!

Henry most likely to be out for friday match against Liverpool.

It is a definately good news for us.

Btw, heskey is on form and on fire now. Sure he will play on friday. Arsenal defender line up (except cole) is quite a big size to overcome.

I am quite sure Heskey will play and not to forget, he can play quite a good defending role in midefield as well while supporting owen during attack.

If Gerrard & Owen can maintian his current form, I am sure we will get a result. If we manage to win, then the EPL will be more dramatic.

Chelsea will have a tigheter gap, more exciting for the end of EPL season on the tittle challenge.

There is no better time to beat Arsenal than now! Pile up their misery!!
    Best if Chelsea pips them to the premiership and milwall beats manutd in the final!

we love you liverpool, we do
    oh liverpool we love you.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    did u watch the game?

Monaco players played with gutso and passion! they played with a real sense of purpose, verymuch unlike a team down by 4-2. they harried Real players and they are always running and gunning. Morientes could have grabbed a hat-trick!

Real players looked shell shocked when Morientes pulled it back to 2-1 for Monaco and 5-4 on aggregate...

now, if only Liverpool players play every game like their last... with gutso and passion, we'll ham-tum Arsenal for sure!
    dont be too overconfident. henry or not, arsenal will prevail

Quote Originally Posted by akane
    oh liverpool we love you.
    i love liverpool too...but i love arsenal more

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51013141516172025 ... LastLast