Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverpool and Gerard Houllier and Emile Heskey

Default Out of UEFA

yawn!

lost 2-1, scored 1st but completely lost it when Biscan committed a amatuerish foul, and got sent off and conceded a penalty (too bad Owen wasn't the penalty taker for the opp side )..............

OT: Carlsberg no longer sponsor? how come the front of the jersey got no Carlsbery logo? anyway the jersey looks nicer w/o one.....

French football has a ban on beer ads on team jerseys, so no Carlsberg. Frankly, we played very well first half, had them on the back foot, went 1-0 up, and then that incident. In all honesty, that foul was outside the penalty area, no question about that at all. So it shouldn't have been a penalty. Frankly that was never a red card either. It wasn't a major tug, there was tugging going on both ways and that kind of stuff goes on the entire game, every time two players come close. Watch any game closely, and in the centre circle that would never even be a foul.

There are losses and then there are losses. I feel cheated but at the same time, I *am* proud of the lads for that first half performance. After that miscarriage of justice there was only ever going to be one winner. And the sight of Houllier studying replays at half time with his glasses was worth the price of entry too I guess.

YNWA.

i see..pardon me for my ignorance on the ban on beer ads....

ermmmm.....the same goes to the disallowed goal, the push wasn't that obvious to me too......

..back to the foul that caused our downfall, the pulling of the short part was kind of too obvious.............

at least, we can now concentrate on maintaining the 4th spot in the EPL...........

go go go.............

Quote Originally Posted by Jed
    French football has a ban on beer ads on team jerseys, so no Carlsberg. Frankly, we played very well first half, had them on the back foot, went 1-0 up, and then that incident. In all honesty, that foul was outside the penalty area, no question about that at all. So it shouldn't have been a penalty. Frankly that was never a red card either. It wasn't a major tug, there was tugging going on both ways and that kind of stuff goes on the entire game, every time two players come close. Watch any game closely, and in the centre circle that would never even be a foul.

There are losses and then there are losses. I feel cheated but at the same time, I *am* proud of the lads for that first half performance. After that miscarriage of justice there was only ever going to be one winner. And the sight of Houllier studying replays at half time with his glasses was worth the price of entry too I guess.

YNWA.
    Last edited by plinius; 26th March 2004 at 06:25 AM.

absolutely gutted..
    we played so well before the sending off.
    just didnt know why we just crumbled after the sending off..i have seen 10 men teams perform better.

pity igor...he should have known after being called up for fouls in previous attempts at tugging shirts.. wouldnt be a foul in the premiership i reckon.. and it was outside the box anyway..

soccer can be cruel sometimes...most of the time, it seems for liverpool..

now we can concentrate on the league...hope no more cruelties..

if u have read my post earlier and remember I had said that

"Why shall we keep investing those potential but hardly turn into good player youngster like, Biscan, Traore and Cheyrou. etc....."

and

"Btw, I am 70% that Liverpool had lost the UEFA game as well. Dun see they can defend MarSai away."

this is the main problem Liverpool facing now.

Houllier keep having faith and buying those non up to Liverpool standard player.

Biscan had made so many mistake pkaying as a defender had cost us so many points. And he spoilt our game last night.

I could not believe Houllier said that he is a great central defender.

If he thinks Biscan "will be" a great central defender, then pls play him as reserve and loan him to other team. Only he is no longer "will be" but "is" a great central defender, then only we play him.

Another bad purchase of defender is Finnan.

Wat to say liao.....

Btw....the very first discussion of this thread is whether "heskey" should play for liverpool. I give so ratio that heskey is an important figure in the current squad. U can't play 2 small-sized strikers, ie Owen+baros, or Owen+Signama. U need a strong man to hold man.

I also gave my view that if we are playing European football, we need heskey and houllier will definately play heskey in any european games if he is avaliable.

He scored last night. May be we think he is not good enough. But looking at the standard of the whole squad, he is no doubt playing an important role for the club. If his standard is not accptable, there are list of player who should go before him......ie 11m heskey had scored and assisted so many goal, in compared to 10.8m Diouf.

if liverpool fail to qualify for CL this season and we have a new manager, I would rather Liverpool fail to achieve 4th this season.

I can;t believe to hear that during AGM, Houllier said that the club objective is to qualify for CL. Liverpool objective is at least to win a tittle or at least a trophy. Not just a 4th placing.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 26th March 2004 at 09:43 AM.

sickening. the referee is disgusting.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Houllier should GO!!!

For the good of Liverpool, I think Houllier should leave.

I hate his sulken face at the touchline when his team is down.

He doesn't have the passion of Wenger or O'Neil.

He sucks where tactics are concern. I hate it most when his face tells you that he has lost the game even before the final whistle. He sucks, sucks, SUCKS!!!!

Last but not least, he really should go, for the good of all mankind.

Thumbs down

Liverpool now should 'gai cao huan dai'. change the whole management at the end of the season.

a lot of bad purchases on squad players, this is enough to make most of us Reds see blood.

but still, the ref was disgusting in last night's game. the French team seems to be a really weak bunch, falling and grimacing each time they were touched. and pls, marlet? even if igor left him to run thru, he would still hit side netting.

the truth is, he 'somehow managed to fall while shooting' resulting in a side netting, the ref had allowed play to continue even though it seems that igor tugged at his shorts while marlet ran clear. the moment he fell, the whistle go.

so, all along, the useless ref is determined to make sure the French outfit gets a GOAL. how lame and lousy and kelong could it be?

referee KAYU!!!

Now that was a surprise then. Houllier out cries led by Wong Se again. I get the idea, honestly... Any manager in the world wouldn't have changed that result tonight. Except maybe Abramovich as manager with the chance to talk to the ref in private at half time.

Actually, maybe that's it. Ranieri to leave Chelsea with Houllier as replacement, hence Liverpool had to lose the game to cost Houllier his job. Abramovich spoke to the ref *before* the game then...

In the home game, we could not keep a clean sheet.

we are to be blamed to concede a goal at Anfield.

In MaSai, eventhough the referee did a poor job to give a penalty against Liverpool. That is only one goal.

We still conceded another away goal.

We lost the game in aggreagate 2-3. Our Biscan error accounted for 2 of them and the referee accounted for 1 goal.

Any manager in the world wouldn't have changed that result tonight.
    if u made the decision to buy Biscan, and have faith with him and play him on the field. Yes, Any manager in the world wouldn't have changed that result tonight. the disaster was not just done over the 90mins on the field.

It was wrong decision made earlier on, wrong selection before the match.
    And not many manger would buy Biscan for 4.5m. and not manager will keep playing him after several errors biscan had made in the recent.

A manager should not be reviewed based on one game. but rather based on 1 to 2 seasons and his ambition.

2 seasons (we won nothing, league cup is a consolidation price). even if fail to acheive 4th to qualify for CL> I really dun understand why the club would still keep him. His ambition is worst, to qualify for CL, he did not mention "to win trophy or tittle". sad to hear that.

the most severe loss for not playing CL next season
    1) might lose Owen
    2) lose of income

I support the Club, but not the manager at this moment.

i said before, change the whole team. just keep steven gerrard. and yes change the whole management too.

saw the soccernet news? houllier blames the ref again... hmm now is that a sore loser or wat? this isnt the first time he's blame something...

when u can't weewee out, u blame the wind too strong.

When u can;t mmh mmh out, u blame tha ground too hard.

when u can't keep a clean sheet, u blame either the referee or linesman.

i believe sometimes the luck is not on yourside.. but it seems that for this whole season, it has became an excuse for us whenever we lost the game.

when your team can't win the game, u blame the manager too crap.

Give it a rest. I know you want Houllier out, but you're becoming a broken record.

Wink

i won;t mind Ranieri over as manager!

but i dun know if i can 'enjoy' another season of defending and counter-attacking...
    haha

give Houllier all the support now! we still haf 4th place to play for!

last night was a case of extreme 'wayang' and 'kelong' and 'kayu' on the ref's part. haha

why do i feel as if i was possessed by Houllier??? haha

go LIVERPOOL! we can take the 4th place!

keep the DREAM alive.

ok....drew 0-0 against Leicester....
    19 attempts on goals & 12 on target but 0 goal....are we missing Owen already? hopefully not............

at least Newcastle lost, and we are still in 4th, a point ahead...

Henry just scored a surperb goal!!!

liverpool still has to face man utd arsenal n newcastle in the remaining 8 games..i dun have high hopes..haiz

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    ok....drew 0-0 against Leicester....
    19 attempts on goals & 12 on target but 0 goal....are we missing Owen already? hopefully not............

at least Newcastle lost, and we are still in 4th, a point ahead...

Henry just scored a surperb goal!!!

we take one step at a time.....

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyday
    liverpool still has to face man utd arsenal n newcastle in the remaining 8 games..i dun have high hopes..haiz

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast