View Poll Results: How do u shoot with Flash?

Voters
836. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omnibounce

274 32.78%
  • Bounce card

256 30.62%
  • Difusser

205 24.52%
  • Use Big Mama Apperture lens

101 12.08%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

Quote Originally Posted by sykestang View Post
    Have anyone tried the pocket magiclight diffuser? Designed somewhat similar to the GF's LightSphere and I believe it functions the same and give similar results. Most important, it is foldable, lightweight and small and easy to carry unlike GF's LS.

You may refer to: http://www.uneed-hk.com/product/podk...agiclight.html
    Not bad for such a design..... If the price is right, might get one & try.
    Last edited by Spectrum; 4th October 2007 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    how useful is the lightsphere compared to the omnibounce in say a dark outdoor environment?> for the omnibounce, you can probably down the exposure and point to the person direct. For the lightsphere, how would you use it outdoor. Sorry, asking coz I am really lost using it outdoors for fill. for indoors, the LS works marvelous.
    Outdoors, it works as a diffuser (abeit a small one)

I won't suggest either unless you're shooting close range.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Have anyone tried the pocket magiclight diffuser? Designed somewhat similar to the GF's LightSphere and I believe it functions the same and give similar results. Most important, it is foldable, lightweight and small and easy to carry unlike GF's LS.

You may refer to: http://www.uneed-hk.com/product/podk...agiclight.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    Not bad for such a design..... If the price is right, might get one & try.
    Yeah... pretty interesting design. Got one sometime back from a friend from O'seas (wasn't cheap then, about $48)... Small and handy, rolls up to a small tube to be fitted in my bag.

Warms up the indoor shots as well... I've tried it for a few wedding shots previously and it's a strong contender in my opinion for the Lightsphere. I keep this packed in my camera bag alongside the bounce card for different situations.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Here's one portrait taken using this podket magiclight

Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

the build in bounce card for me.

saves the hassle of fixing anything extra, and eases my load.

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Yeah... pretty interesting design. Got one sometime back from a friend from O'seas (wasn't cheap then, about $48)... Small and handy, rolls up to a small tube to be fitted in my bag.

Warms up the indoor shots as well... I've tried it for a few wedding shots previously and it's a strong contender in my opinion for the Lightsphere. I keep this packed in my camera bag alongside the bounce card for different situations.
    where can i buy that?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

Quote Originally Posted by totoro17 View Post
    where can i buy that?
    Not really sure where you can get in locally at the moment, mebbe can check with sykestang, since he's asking about it, mebbe he might get some in...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Hmmm... Think will start a MO for this product. Personally I do have a few pieces with me as the reseller in HK did request if I want to be the sole-reseller of this item in SG or not. As such I bought back a few pieces to test out.

I find this diffuser does produce similar performance as the GF's LS. But it is very much more convenient than the LS. And if you ask whether this magic light is a 'copied' of LS, I would say not as although both functions similar and produce similar results, but it terms of design, it is totally different.

Also, for those who have already using my jusBounce card, I'd say this magiclight does compliments each other as both are attached using same velco on the flash and does different functions. With the bounce card and this magiclight, it is very much sufficient for almost all indoor photography use.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

Hmmm... Think will start a MO for this product. Personally I do have a few pieces with me as the reseller in HK did request if I want to be the sole-reseller of this item in SG or not. As such I bought back a few pieces to test out.

I find this diffuser does produce similar performance as the GF's LS. But it is very much more convenient than the LS. And if you ask whether this magic light is a 'copied' of LS, I would say not as although both functions similar and produce similar results, but it terms of design, it is totally different.

Also, for those who have already using my jusBounce card, I'd say this magiclight does compliments each other as both are attached using same velco on the flash and does different functions. With the bounce card and this magiclight, it is very much sufficient for almost all indoor photography use.
    I'll order 1 from you if the price is right.

bro, im a newbie...my apologies...but what are the functions can the bounce card does? and what can magiclight does?

bro, im a newbie...my apologies...but what are the functions can the bounce card does? and what can magiclight does?
    I'm a user of such products, let me put in my 2 cts...

Bounce card, I use this in situations where there is a high ceiling or no ceiling for me to bounce on, flash is normally set at 60 degrees or 90 degrees depending on the range of me to the subjects. This will allow a large amount of light to be bounced from the ceiling if there is any and via the bounce card to give a catchlight effect.

I'd use the magiclight where there is a good bounce ceiling height and this diffuses the throw of the light when directed upwards and around. Imagine the light in a \ / shape. This gives a well diffused light against the subject and also allows the light to be directed upwards at the ceiling to be bounced back to illuminate the area.

Thus, both of these products works hand in hand for me... different situations, different usage.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    I'm a user of such products, let me put in my 2 cts...

Bounce card, I use this in situations where there is a high ceiling or no ceiling for me to bounce on, flash is normally set at 60 degrees or 90 degrees depending on the range of me to the subjects. This will allow a large amount of light to be bounced from the ceiling if there is any and via the bounce card to give a catchlight effect.

I'd use the magiclight where there is a good bounce ceiling height and this diffuses the throw of the light when directed upwards and around. Imagine the light in a \ / shape. This gives a well diffused light against the subject and also allows the light to be directed upwards at the ceiling to be bounced back to illuminate the area.

Thus, both of these products works hand in hand for me... different situations, different usage.
    what about omnibounce and magiclight? which one shld i get? what are the different situations and different usage?

would be interested if you could be the sole-reseller.
    I Love You :)

what about omnibounce and magiclight? which one shld i get? what are the different situations and different usage?
    Let's see... Omnibounce is good for diffusing direct flash. But as a bounce diffuser, it may be too small for a good effect.

It all depends on you and the effect you wish to create. I would reccomend you to use the magiclight in situations where there is a good ceiling to bounce from.... In outdoors, I've not tried it yet, but it may give a very soft fill light for close-in portraits...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

magiclight: when to use it? what are the different functions?
    bounce card: when to use it? what are the different functions?

care to elaborate?

anyone tried the Flip It ?

magiclight: when to use it? what are the different functions?
    bounce card: when to use it? what are the different functions?

care to elaborate?
    Cannot simply just answer in words. You've got to try it out.
    Visit me at my studio: http://www.studiospace.com.sg

I prefer Micro-waveable round plastic containers.. provides a very defused light with hardly any shadows...! Almost like softbox lighting! And it's dirt cheap - $2.40 for 6 pieces...!
    What I failed to see, was what I failed to observe...

Quote Originally Posted by C J GOH View Post
    I prefer Micro-waveable round plastic containers.. provides a very defused light with hardly any shadows...! Almost like softbox lighting! And it's dirt cheap - $2.40 for 6 pieces...!
    How you made them out of it? Any DIY info anywhere? Care to share bro? Is OK if you find that too troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
    How you made them out of it? Any DIY info anywhere? Care to share bro? Is OK if you find that too troublesome.
    Well, ok..

Here's what I'll always do:
    >> use my flash to mark out the outline on the base of food container
    >> cut alongh the outline with a small fingernail scissor (curved tip)
    >> slide into front of flash, and voila! A defuser!

Foo dcaontainer must be of the right size, not too large, but medium. Flash head must notr be fully inserted into it, about half inch inside .. so that light can spread all around the sides & defuse outwards through its trnslucent lid.. you can also add color celophanes inside to create colored light or enhance the flash throw with alu-foils...

Way cheaper than those $60+ branded defusers...and there's no faer of losing it.. just make another!

However, there's one setback; it looks funny... trust me, people always ask me why I do that - fitting a food container over the flash head... only photographers understand why..
    What I failed to see, was what I failed to observe...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3678910 ... LastLast