View Poll Results: How do u shoot with Flash?

Voters
836. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omnibounce

    274 32.78%
  • Bounce card

    256 30.62%
  • Difusser

    205 24.52%
  • Use Big Mama Apperture lens

    101 12.08%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 240

Thread: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

  1. #201

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    diffuser

  2. #202
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shin Howard View Post
    Michael, thanks for the info.
    If this is a product shot, I think will have to increase the light on the plastic model face & reduce the shadow cast on the BG...
    Does setting up 1 more flash unit on the right help?
    Sorry, forgot to answer you on this.

    Yes, if you want to get it right, you may want to use a grid snoot to light up the model's face. The BG is up to your personal taste.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  3. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Membina Court
    Posts
    164

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Anyone of you using the lightsphere, which type did u get? The Clear one or the Cloud one?

    CP is selling the LS Universal for $91 and I wonder if this is a good price to boot.

    Previously they selling the LS Reporter I think, the one which can be folded. But I procastinated and didnt get it.
    SONY α6000+SELP1650+SEL35F18 | CANON 40D+EFS17-55F2.8 | CANON 430EX.

  4. #204

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    does anyone here use a bounce card WITH a sto-fen omnibounce?
    Canon 5DmII+BG | 24-70 f/2.8 L II | 50 f/1.2 L | 135 f/2 L | 600EX-RT

  5. #205

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    wats the difference between flash bounce diffuser and soft flash diffuser?

    tried placing it with a small white card as a bouce card but there is no difference with when there is no card..

  6. #206
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    wats the difference between flash bounce diffuser and soft flash diffuser?

    tried placing it with a small white card as a bouce card but there is no difference with when there is no card..
    With a small bounce card, the reflection is minimal.... as such, you may not see the effects as obviously.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  7. #207

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    With a small bounce card, the reflection is minimal.... as such, you may not see the effects as obviously.
    oh.. then how big should the bounce card be so i can have a better effect n reflection?

  8. #208
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    oh.. then how big should the bounce card be so i can have a better effect n reflection?
    If you wish for a more pronounced effect, you should be looking at about a 5in by 5in block.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  9. #209

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    If you wish for a more pronounced effect, you should be looking at about a 5in by 5in block.
    Not only does the size of the bounce card matters but, the angle of incidence between the card and the flash does matter too..heres smtg http://www.dembflashproducts.com/flipit/positions/ to help you understand..
    Sony A200 | Sigma 30mm f/1.4 | DT 18-70mm f/3.5-5.6 | Minolta 70-210 f/4(beercan) | HVL-F42AM

  10. #210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    5,782

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    If you wish for a more pronounced effect, you should be looking at about a 5in by 5in block.
    That's right.

    My DIY acrylic bounce sheet has a 5x5" flash area. Good size.

    Cheers,
    Zexun
    Our pictures are our footprints. Itís the best way to tell people we were here - JoeMcnally | Flickr

  11. #211

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    If you wish for a more pronounced effect, you should be looking at about a 5in by 5in block.
    Quote Originally Posted by LQ235 View Post
    Not only does the size of the bounce card matters but, the angle of incidence between the card and the flash does matter too..heres smtg http://www.dembflashproducts.com/flipit/positions/ to help you understand..
    Quote Originally Posted by Headshotzx View Post
    That's right.

    My DIY acrylic bounce sheet has a 5x5" flash area. Good size.

    Cheers,
    Zexun
    thanks guys!

    right now i am using a white cardboard, the width is the same as the flash. so i guess i need a 5inX5in one.. but how do u secure it down to ur flash unit?

    as for the acrylic, where do u get it frm?

  12. #212
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    thanks guys!

    right now i am using a white cardboard, the width is the same as the flash. so i guess i need a 5inX5in one.. but how do u secure it down to ur flash unit?

    as for the acrylic, where do u get it frm?
    You can use rubber bands to hold it. Or with acrylic sheets, you can hold it down by means of velcro stickers...
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  13. #213

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    i mean the base of it is so wide (5in), so how to hold it to the flash?

  14. #214
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by takeshi.lum View Post
    i mean the base of it is so wide (5in), so how to hold it to the flash?
    Taper it down...

    Just check this out.

    jusBounce Bounce Card

    If you're lazy to DIY, just get tat...

    I'm using tat.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  15. #215

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by hptay View Post
    Hi All,

    With all this tok about DIY bounce cards ") could some kind soul out there post a pic of their own DIY end product ^_^~ much appreciated.

    Will be trying to make my own and post the results sometime later
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=339826

    my own DIY bounce card, now its my backup card, using a newer DIY one now
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  16. #216
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    392

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by prodigic View Post
    Anyone of you using the lightsphere, which type did u get? The Clear one or the Cloud one?

    CP is selling the LS Universal for $91 and I wonder if this is a good price to boot.

    Previously they selling the LS Reporter I think, the one which can be folded. But I procastinated and didnt get it.
    i am considering to get it too....hv u gottten it?
    5D MKII,1000D,16-35mm f/2.8 L USMII,75-300mm,18-55mm,EF 50mm f/1.8 II,EF 85mm f/1.8 USM

  17. #217
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Balestier
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    If you have a little bit more money you could invest in this new thing called the Presslite VerteX. I got it for $89 from CP. May be a little bit pricy, but it's pretty versatile and easily removed if you wanna kick it old school by bouncing it off the ceiling.

    I've been loving it since I got it.

    http://www.presslite.com/vertexinfo.php

    Hurrah for shameless advertising!

  18. #218

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    Taper it down...

    Just check this out.

    jusBounce Bounce Card

    If you're lazy to DIY, just get tat...

    I'm using tat.
    i just bought it $18.
    Havent start using, but now want to sell away at $14.
    Any takers?
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

  19. #219
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    how does all 3 work? OmiBounce, Bounce card and diffuser?

  20. #220

    Default Re: Which do u prefer: OmiBounce, Bounce Card or Diffuser?

    Quote Originally Posted by loserow View Post
    how does all 3 work? OmiBounce, Bounce card and diffuser?
    You may like to view some photos here http://www.flickr.com/photos/8494974@N06/.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •