25th December 2009, 11:59 PM
Hi everyone, was just reading such a nostalgic thread about growing up in the 80s in Singapore and it suddenly sparked off a strong desire to try to hunt for pictures related to childhood. I mean there are some really iconic buildings and landmarks that are just gone from our horizon, and seeing them again would really be important.
Just wondering if anybody has pictures to share; some of these old places are dear to me for eg.
1. That level on top of Parkway Parade where there was the tunnel-maze and flying fox, not to mention the unforgettable Toys R Us that was downstairs
2. That old entertainment centre behind Katong, Tay Ban Guan where I'd use to buy my guppies.
3. The Ikea in front of Parkway with the Cold Storage and this really big open-air car park in front of it.
4. Anyone remembers Gulliemard Circus? This was one of the biggest roundabouts, (now of course it's a major junction that leads to Nichol Highway)
5. Sometimes I'd be on the lookout for Kallang Gasworks, but realize it's not there anymore too.
anyway here's that great thread that started it all:
26th December 2009, 12:47 AM
26th December 2009, 09:24 AM
26th December 2009, 09:40 AM
26th December 2009, 03:07 PM
26th December 2009, 05:38 PM
Re: Water-coloured Memories
Oh yes! I remember the Dragon and the seal! (or is that a pelican?) There was one such playground in Marine Parade next to the CC (or where the current NLB is now)
Originally Posted by xtemujin