Thread: Can recommend me a dry cabinet?

Default Can recommend me a dry cabinet?

for ard $200.

Most of them offer 5 yrs waranty rite?

Saw a brand Am-pro sellin for ard $200 for various models. Good buy?

Ack, Am-Pro isn't what I'd recommend. See what they have at Cathay, and don't get some funny digi-pro or what not brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    for ard $200.

Most of them offer 5 yrs waranty rite?

Saw a brand Am-pro sellin for ard $200 for various models. Good buy?
    I have a digipro cabinet and although some people think its a funny brand, it has been very reliable and have had no problems storing my bodies and lenses. Got it at Carrefour.

Default Dry Cabinet

I bought a "AKARUI" dry box from CP and it works excellent. CP carries quite a few models of the mentioned brand. Go down and take a look.....

Only thing that Akarui cabinet is without magnetic door closer, so not so convenient. Cathay people claims that the magnetic filed could affect the electronics in your camera.... This is horse-**** because the magnetic field is very weak and there is only effect at very small distance, and as soon as you close your cabinet, the magnetic flux would run on the steel cabinet and could never reach your camera's electronics.

Quote Originally Posted by YSLee
    Ack, Am-Pro isn't what I'd recommend. See what they have at Cathay, and don't get some funny digi-pro or what not brand.

Care to share the reason of not getting those funny digi-pro drybox? It seem similar to those normal branded but at a cheaper rate. Moreover it had a meter outside too rite? Thank you.

Digi-Cabi

AP selling
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery