Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Quote Originally Posted by gillat View Post
    Yes, the 550D will not only work, it also has some of the best Eye-Fi Connected integration.

http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camer...ity?postTabs=1

The top selling cameras from the 7 top OEM's are all Eye-Fi Connected.

You'll see a nice Eye-Fi logo animating, when the card is uploading. When the card is idle, you'll see that too. When there are pending photos, you'll see a different icon. When you press Play, and you browse your photos and videos, you'll see which ones have already uploaded, and which ones have not, with a nice watermark over the images. You can also turn off Eye-Fi, and turn it back on.

You can use ShutterSnitch by having another router in the set-up, or, if you jail-break your iPad (unsupported by Apple) -- you could go directly. Here are 2 links with more info:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...=7-10055-10851
    http://fstoppers.com/ipad/

Thanks --

Ziv. (Eye-Fi co-founder)

Yahoo. Thanks. That's great news.

I already bought a pocket 3G WIFI router and now plan to buy the EYE-FU card through ebay.

Which one should I buy? There are so many typers of EYE-Fi cards? Which one is the correct/ compatible one?

Thanks.

Is it the:
    • Connect X2 4Gb+WIFI
    • Geo X2 4Gb+WIFI
    • Explore X2 8GB+WIFI
    • Pro X2 8Gb+WIFI

Wink Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Yes , Correct .

Mine is CF Adapter Type II ( 5mm thick ) , and the good of my Canon EOS 7D is also support Both CF Types .

Last edited by biskandar; 28th December 2010 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apcaw View Post

I already bought a pocket 3G WIFI router and now plan to buy the EYE-FU card through ebay.

Which one should I buy? There are so many typers of EYE-Fi cards? Which one is the correct/ compatible one?

Thanks.
    By the way, do I really need to jailbreak the iphone/ipad? Got mine in HK (which is factory open-line). Wouldn't shutter snitch be enough? I also downloaded a app from itunes named wifi photo. Would this be enough too?

Thanks.
    Just ordered 2pc of Pro X2 from B&H... This is the only one that can transfer RAW if i am not wrong... Depends on your needs... I dun think i will transfer in RAW but would rather have this feature in case i changed my mind in the future...

Hopefully this works well with the Wireless N router i had at home...

Amazing , I got Eye-Fi Pro X2 8G + Extreme CF Adapter now ;-)
    AWESOME

And YES , it works properly on my Canon EOS 7D , one picture take at least 5-7 seconds upload into my macbook-pro .
    From my experience, that adapter will not show much speed degradation, whatsoever, over our normal 12MBps write speeds.

i don't understand why you told me that it doesn't work with CF Adapter ? I've also test the burst shooting 8 frames / sec , and it also works .
    Notice what I wrote exactly. I said it's UNSUPPORTED :-) I didn't say that it won't work.

You found THE ONLY adapter that works with the Canon bodies. It is EXTREMELY hard to get, especially here in the US, and only works in UDMA bodies, like the 7D or 5DmkII. SO... we can't support it.

The other adapters won't work at all, in Canon bodies, so they're also unsupported.

Please share where you've purchased the Extreme adapter.

The summary on CF adapters can be found here:

http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f...tart=15#p12692

and

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...=7-10055-10851

Thx --

Ziv.

The main difference between the pro x2 and the others is that it'll upload raw, and support ad-hoc wireless. Here is a nice comparison:

http://www.eye.fi/products/compare-cards

Thx,

Ziv.

By the way, do I really need to jailbreak the iphone/ipad? Got mine in HK (which is factory open-line). Wouldn't shutter snitch be enough? I also downloaded a app from itunes named wifi photo. Would this be enough too?
    Please read Rob Galbraith's write up, to understand whether or not you'll need to jail break your iPad. Then, read the article on f-stopper's site, and you'll get the whole picture.

Helps?

Wink Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

I bought the CF Adapter from indonesia www.toekangmodem.com , price USD25 each .

AWESOME

From my experience, that adapter will not show much speed degradation, whatsoever, over our normal 12MBps write speeds.

Notice what I wrote exactly. I said it's UNSUPPORTED :-) I didn't say that it won't work.

You found THE ONLY adapter that works with the Canon bodies. It is EXTREMELY hard to get, especially here in the US, and only works in UDMA bodies, like the 7D or 5DmkII. SO... we can't support it.

The other adapters won't work at all, in Canon bodies, so they're also unsupported.

Please share where you've purchased the Extreme adapter.

Thx --

Ziv.
    Last edited by biskandar; 28th December 2010 at 01:50 PM.

Please read Rob Galbraith's write up, to understand whether or not you'll need to jail break your iPad. Then, read the article on f-stopper's site, and you'll get the whole picture.

Helps?

Hi Gillat, any chance that there will be CF eye-fi soon?

Sadly D3s and D700 do not support type 2 cf adaptors.

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    I bought the CF Adapter from indonesia www.toekangmodem.com , price USD25 each .
    Great, thx for posting. I checked it out -- it IS the right CF adapter for UDMA type bodies, but the online retailer isn't a mainstream location, at least not a far as I can tell. So I'll stand by my original claim -- the adapter works, but is hard to get :-)

Those that are able to get it -- will find that it works. I just need to say again that it's unsupported by Eye-Fi. We can't support a product that only works in a handful of cameras. That said, I'm glad that it works for you. I'm the one at Eye-Fi that has experimented with every possible CF adapter out there :-)

Thx --

Ziv.

Quote Originally Posted by socksiong View Post
    Hi Gillat, any chance that there will be CF eye-fi soon?

Sadly D3s and D700 do not support type 2 cf adaptors.
    I know. Totally understand.

I can't make any claims that we will or won't do a CF product. We simply don't pre-announce our plans, one way or another. All I can say is -- stay tuned. Meanwhile, if we find an adapter that works, with a wide array of cameras, we'll let people know. Our forums are current, and so is our mailing list, twitter, blog, Facebook, etc...

Thx --

Ziv.

My EYE-FI pro has arrived. Knowing our postmen who only knocks once and leave a attempted delivery note at your door step, I put my delivery address at my office. It took less than 2 weeks to arrive from the time I placed the order from Amazon, taking advantage of its free delivery and free packing within continental US and using VPost. Much cheaper than a clubsnapper who wanted to sell his for $280.

Setup is comparatively painless. The whole process of transferring files is fast enough, more so when you tweak your router's setting. But so far I am not able to upload to picasaweb using Eye-Fi menu as there is no feedback whether the process is hung or what. I use the other alternative by using my free Picasa application to monitor incoming files and having it synched to my picasaweb account. Its faster too. The files are geotagged but will turn this feature off for privacy reasons as googlemaps now show the file location which is my home.

The Eye-Fi pro pairs very well with Nikon D7000. I put the Eye-Fi card on slot 2 for all the flexibility I need. If I shoot raw but wants to transfer jpgs for viewing only, I set slot 2 to accept only jpg file. To transfer raw files, slot 2 is set as backup. 'Turning off' Eye-Fi is by setting slot 2 to overflow mode, an event which does not happen since I never filled up slot 1. This way, the slightly fat Eye-Fi card stays in slot 2 almost permanetly. I derived most of Eye-Fi time saving benefits when checking camera settings and testing lens, being able to see results and compare results without tethering the camera to the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by tankahn View Post
    I hope Eye-Fi is sold in Singapore. Anyway I can't wait and ordered from Amazon with free shipping to Vpost, a service by Singpost which consolidates from their US warehouse, ship to Singapore, and deliver to our Singapore address. The additional costs is S$17.50 and takes about 10 - 15 working days to arrive. Vpost has its flaws like with half asleep postal workers. They lost my GPS once which Amazon is kind enough to refund. Hopefully there is no glitch along the way, like regulatory rules on wireless imports.

I'm unable to upload photos to mobile gallery... It's showing uploading status forever... Anyone encounter this?

I just got my Eyefi with a Jobo CF Adaptor. Can't seem to get my camera to format the card. Interested to know, whether yours worked out of the box or did you have to do anything to get it to work.

Would like to get some feedback or suggestions from you.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    Amazing , I got Eye-Fi Pro X2 8G + Extreme CF Adapter now ;-)

They are connected to my Belkin Play Max Wireless Router which have dual band high speed .

And YES , it works properly on my Canon EOS 7D , one picture take at least 5-7 seconds upload into my macbook-pro .

It's ok because i use RAW format which take around 24MBytes per image .

i don't understand why you told me that it doesn't work with CF Adapter ? I've also test the burst shooting 8 frames / sec , and it also works .

Quote Originally Posted by hondasleeper View Post
    I just got my Eyefi with a Jobo CF Adaptor. Can't seem to get my camera to format the card. Interested to know, whether yours worked out of the box or did you have to do anything to get it to work.

Would like to get some feedback or suggestions from you.

Thanks!
    Or does anyone have any recommendations as to what adaptor to use on Canons and availability locally.

Would appreciate any suggestions and recommendations.

Thanks!!

Sorry hondasleeper, I doesn't use the Jobo and don't know about the issue like you mention .

But there is no problem with my extreme cf adapter apply on canon eos 7d, it works properly including the format .

Great news. My eye-fi pro x2 8GB just arrived.

Tested it out last night with the eye-fi center installed on my laptop. It worked well. It just always has a slow upload on my 1st picture (coming from idle). Otherwise, it worked great.

Has anyone tried out eye-fi's iphone app? Tried using it last night and wasn't getting anything? What is the app for anyway? Does it work like Shutter Snitch?

Btw, Shuttersnitch's priced went up to USD 16 from USD 8. What's with that? Still thinking if I do need it. Currently, the Eye-fi center is not good enough since it does not show the latest shot in full view (with details like Shutte Snitch provides ex. ISO, F__, etc.)

Do we have other options besides Shuttersnitch?

Too bad Direct Mode is not yet available.

Just got the CF adaptor a couple of days ago as what was recommended by biskandar. Thanks!!!

It worked with my 7D, will have to see if it works with my other digital cameras. Will also try with Olympus.

Though the upload speeds aren't blazing fast, but it does work. So I have another option in my bag of tricks now.

It took over 1 min to transfer a high res jpeg.

Now, are there any suggestions to help with the uploading speed?? I read somewhere that removing the metal covers help but not too sure if I want to expose the internals....just yet.

Updated latest list. So far seem like Samsung Ex1 not supported. When Eyefi inserted, it show "card not support" .. hmm .. was it due to SDHC Class 6 version? anyway... the supported list still goes on and on :P

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 36789 LastLast