Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

I think for me, speed is not that much of an issue, but range. Need to go source for a router with high-gain good antenna say 9dBi (high-power not that much of an issue, as Eye Fi is not high-power, so the router might be able to "shout very loudly" but since its deaf also wakalimasen unless Eye Fi also can shout very loudly, which it cannot).
    At most I use 12V battery power and carry the router with me lah.... The Buffalo router which I am using is 12V direct.
    You're mostly right :-) BTW, about the hand -- our body is made of mostly water, so if your hand is covering the SD slot, yes, it will have an impact on the range. Your body, on the other hand, while the camera is hanging around your neck -- should have less of an impact, with a good N router that has MIMO. Thanks to MIMO, the signals can bend around obstacles.

One tip for you, if you want to extend your range -- put a small pocket router on your belt, and then use WDS to bridge the router that's on you, to your main router. For more details, read about it in our forums, and research WDS online:

http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2190

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Given the current the SD slot supplies, i think the transmitting power for any of such device is likely to be limited and around the same. If not wrong, if you looking for range, running at 11b or 11g supposedly give better range compared to 11n. I think there are also many different implementation or variant of 11n, from dual band to mimo, etc, which might also affect range and throughput too.

2100, not sure if this is possible, maybe u can carry a mifi to act as a repeater for ya Eye Fi, so the Eye Fi is always within 1-2m from the mifi, and the mifi with its own battery should probably have a greater range
    You're right about the "repeater" scenario.
    You're incorrect about N vs. b/g -- N does provide for more range due to the nature of the protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by lhc500d View Post
    anyone test on 7d yet?
    The 7D is a CF camera -- it is unsupported and WILL NOT work with a CF adapter & an X2 card.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Scared travelling around, 8GB not enuff, or read some people have issues the card get corrupted...so better have one on standby while I'm travelling on the road in 2 weeks time
    Actually, the Eye-Fi X2 cards allow for MORE safety while on the road. Here is why:

• Endless Memory will allow you to keep shooting, and to never run out of space
    • Upload from open hotspots, and backup, in the fly, on the go, from anywhere, to your PC and to a sharing site (even a private album, for a 2nd backup)
    • Your images will be geotagged
    • If your camera is stolen, you would have backed up your images until it was stolen, and you didn't lose your vacation photos.

If anyone has issues with a card corrupting in a SUPPORTED camera (not a CF adapter) -- call our support.

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Guys, will this card be cheaper in HK ? I be going there for a week this coming Sat.
    Do you mean Hong Kong? You should NOT be able to find the cards there :-) We only sell in the US, Canada, Europe and Japan, and have support in those areas, and in those languages.

Thx --

Ziv.

Quote Originally Posted by gillat View Post
    Take a look at Amazon, B&H and the many other resellers, for a promo on the Eye-Fi Pro X2, during the holiday season. It's $99.99 or less.

Please don't forget though -- the resellers are supposed to only sell to the US, Europe, Japan and Canada, because those are the areas that we support, officially, via our Customer Support.

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder
    Would you, by any chance consider Sg in the list.

Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

We will. We just don't pre announce our plans... There are several things that involve us getting into a new territory: localization, support, servers, retail, distribution, etc... Meanwhile, browse this thread. People are still finding ways to get them...

Thx.

How do you know that it doesn't work with Canon 7D ? Do you tried already ?

The 7D is a CF camera -- it is unsupported and WILL NOT work with a CF adapter & an X2 card.

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    How do you know that it doesn't work with Canon 7D ? Do you tried already ?
    Read properly leh.. He and others said got problem with SD to CF card adaptors (unrealiablity issues) . Not the cam itself.
    Last edited by CYRN; 13th December 2010 at 11:31 PM.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

Yes, we've tried. ANY Canon DSLR camera does not work with the CF adapter + an Eye-Fi X2 card. The CF adapters are using an old controller that is buggy, and we simply don't support it.

Read up on the topic, here:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...=7-10055-10851

Has anyone tried this already with their Canon 550D and with an IPAD (w/ Shutter snithc installed)? I have checked Eye-Fi's website and they claim their cards are compatible w/ 550D but would like to get some feedbacks.

I hope Eye-Fi is sold in Singapore. Anyway I can't wait and ordered from Amazon with free shipping to Vpost, a service by Singpost which consolidates from their US warehouse, ship to Singapore, and deliver to our Singapore address. The additional costs is S$17.50 and takes about 10 - 15 working days to arrive. Vpost has its flaws like with half asleep postal workers. They lost my GPS once which Amazon is kind enough to refund. Hopefully there is no glitch along the way, like regulatory rules on wireless imports.

We will. We just don't pre announce our plans... There are several things that involve us getting into a new territory: localization, support, servers, retail, distribution, etc... Meanwhile, browse this thread. People are still finding ways to get them...

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by apcaw View Post
    Has anyone tried this already with their Canon 550D and with an IPAD (w/ Shutter snithc installed)? I have checked Eye-Fi's website and they claim their cards are compatible w/ 550D but would like to get some feedbacks.
    Yes, the 550D will not only work, it also has some of the best Eye-Fi Connected integration.

http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camer...ity?postTabs=1

The top selling cameras from the 7 top OEM's are all Eye-Fi Connected.

You'll see a nice Eye-Fi logo animating, when the card is uploading. When the card is idle, you'll see that too. When there are pending photos, you'll see a different icon. When you press Play, and you browse your photos and videos, you'll see which ones have already uploaded, and which ones have not, with a nice watermark over the images. You can also turn off Eye-Fi, and turn it back on.

You can use ShutterSnitch by having another router in the set-up, or, if you jail-break your iPad (unsupported by Apple) -- you could go directly. Here are 2 links with more info:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...=7-10055-10851
    http://fstoppers.com/ipad/

Thanks --

Ziv. (Eye-Fi co-founder)

I just want to report a new happy users of Eye-Fi card. I got a Pro X2 card from a fellow CSers. Worked with Ipad and shuttersnitch. Since I dun want to jail break my ipad, I managed to get a small portable router with built in battery (Edimax 3G-6210n) to create a wifi.

Test and work with Panasonic LX-5. Did a field test with my 1dmk4 and it works.

Hi Paiman74 , did you try also with your 5DMkII ? is it compatible ?

i tested with mywi 4.0, shuttersnitch and iphone, works perfectly

Hi Paiman74 , did you try also with your 5DMkII ? is it compatible ?
    Hi Biskandar,

I did not try with my 5d2 because I do not have a CF card adapters.

guys, great stuff. Please note:

The 5DmkII is CF based. So it's unsupported.

The 1DmkIV is even Eye-Fi connected. It'll stay on as long as the card is uploading. Then - it'll turn off.

Thx,

Ziv.
    (Eye-Fi co-founder)
    Last edited by gillat; 28th December 2010 at 12:29 PM.

Wink Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Amazing , I got Eye-Fi Pro X2 8G + Extreme CF Adapter now ;-)

They are connected to my Belkin Play Max Wireless Router which have dual band high speed .

And YES , it works properly on my Canon EOS 7D , one picture take at least 5-7 seconds upload into my macbook-pro .

It's ok because i use RAW format which take around 24MBytes per image .

i don't understand why you told me that it doesn't work with CF Adapter ? I've also test the burst shooting 8 frames / sec , and it also works .

Last edited by biskandar; 28th December 2010 at 10:19 AM.

Amazing , I got Eye-Fi Pro X2 8G + Extreme CF Adapter now ;-)

They are connected to my Belkin Play Max Wireless Router which have dual band high speed .

And YES , it works properly on my Canon EOS 7D , one picture take at least 5-7 seconds upload into my macbook-pro .

It's ok because i use RAW format which take around 24MBytes per image .

i don't understand why you told me that it doesn't work with CF Adapter ? I've also test the burst shooting 8 frames / sec , and it also works .
    Actually its very simple. If the manufacture mention it can work with SD->CF adapter and by any chances some buyer brought and it can't use. Should the blame be push to the manufacture or the buyer? If something is not 100% workable, why want to take the risk. By the way CF got 2 version, which one are you using?

I know it can work cos i too have a CF adapter. And have be tested with lots of camera. Most of the major brand can work accept for some such as nikon D3s, D700 etc cos the CF mount they are using is of different thickness ..
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 28th December 2010 at 08:33 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast