Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Quote Originally Posted by Odyssey-Boy View Post
    Guys,

would this card be useful if i am traveling overseas? i can have a backup.

when shooting with this card, do I have to connect to an available Wifi Network, or is it that the Card is already a wifi and from my iPhone I can take the pictures straight ?
    What's your use? You wanna make use of the Real-time upload to Facebook or something, through an US-based ISP?

I don't see why you would want to use such a card and risk so much things when travelling overseas. I think you'd be better served with a 4GB x 4pcs or something of SD.

I came back from Taiwan 2 days ago, I made use of this X2 4GB for video (non-critical). Kena another CHA, but battery pull revived it. Too risky to take vacation photos.
    Even for normal SD I pad it over another 8GB and another 4GB normal SD cards.

I guess the ideal would be use on like a D7000, with dual SD slot. One put the eye-fi, other put ya normal SD. Have the raw written on the normal SD and the jpg on the eye fi.

Hi guys ,

Is there any SD to CF Type 1 adapter ? because I'm only found only for CF Type 2 adapter .

Quote Originally Posted by biskandar View Post
    Hi guys ,

Is there any SD to CF Type 1 adapter ? because I'm only found only for CF Type 2 adapter .
    Not recommended, will corrupt the images. Its widely reported as no-go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Not recommended, will corrupt the pictures from all the forum postings regardless of camera body.

Actually on my D90 it already corrupted the card twice with "CHA" showing on the number of shots left on the LCD. Its a known issue reported on the website. It does not happen often though coz I am using it very frequently but just that "it can happen". But after that still can use, just have to format.
    So do not trust it for critical apps. I see that you are a wedding/baby/events photographer, have to be very very careful and standby for that.

Actually bro peterpan1975 already said in the first post that it will not meet the high standards of pros.
    thanx 2100 for your advice

My eye fi pro x2 came together with the delkin adapter. Worked on both my EPL1 and D3. Large images took a lifetime to load in my ipad. Nice gadget... No need to get the wireless nikon thing. Works even better with my notebook and macbook.

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to photography as well. But, I some how would be getting hold of the latest version of the FluCard, which currently isn't even out in the market yet, within the next few weeks.

Would anyone with excellent product knowledge be kind enough to analyse the product with me and my friend in person and teach us a thing or two? I'm especially interested in the comparision of the FluCard and Eye-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by LearnerBeginner View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this forum and new to photography as well. But, I some how would be getting hold of the latest version of the FluCard, which currently isn't even out in the market yet, within the next few weeks.

Would anyone with excellent product knowledge be kind enough to analyse the product with me and my friend in person and teach us a thing or two? I'm especially interested in the comparision of the FluCard and Eye-Fi.
    Pls refer to the following URL regarding the flu card.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801515

Quote Originally Posted by LearnerBeginner View Post
    Hi,

With it's current firmware, the card is pretty useless for me. I have both the flucard and eye-fi, all I can say is, I am happy with the eye-fi out of the box, works well and as advertised. I wouldn't say that the flucard is bad but I think it is meant to be for a different app all together.

If you can "some how" get the latest version of the firmware, I would also like to update mine, else it is just sitting on the table collecting dust.

Thanks.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

Manage to test on leica M9 with Eye-fi, so far it work. Will be carrying out more test with it :P

I have been using for a couple of times already, don't know why the is it the new X2 card or the Eye Fi Helper utilility issue.... Once you have transferred a couple tens of images and over a period of time like 30 mins, the transfer becomes really slow. Eg it takes just 7 seconds to transfer a jpg, after that it takes forever....and I do mean forever like wait for 3 minutes it still gets stuck at 8% even though you are just 2 meters away. Put the notebook/device into standby or hibernation also no use, need to reboot the computer. Pretty stressful usage in a LIVE setting.
    Please call our support line, and they'll help you out. The xfers should not become sluggish. They'll work it out with you, go through your set-up, your router etc...

Thx --

Ziv
    Eye-Fi co-founder

1) Canon 1Dmk3
    2) Panasonic LUMIX LX3
    3) Canon 40D
    5) Nikon D70
    We clearly say that you should not use CF adapters. They are unsupported, will reduce your Wi-Fi range, and may corrupt images.

=========================================

Conclusion

Pros:
    1) Cheap compare to other original camera WIFI attachment unit
    2) Easy to use interface setup
    3) Interface easily with almost any Camera
    4) Once setup done, rest is PnP
    5) Can hold 30 pre-config wireless set up
    6) Upload to facebook, tweeter, etc easily
    7) GeoTag (Must have internet access)
    8) Has Event Log files function (a list of transmit record)

Cons:
    1) Limit distance (UsingAD-HOC config, 3m-4m with line of sight).
    2) Ad-hoc not very stable

With the X2 cards, and with the latest firmware -- ad-hoc is rock solid. If you're having problems, please call our support.

In terms of range -- it totally depends on your Wi-Fi rig. If your router is great -- you'll get great range (especially with N MIMO routers). If your router is bad -- you'll get bad range. If you're using a CF adapter -- you'll get even worse range.

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Thanks for the review. Appreciate the effort you put in from me.

However, this certainly wont work with Wireless@SG networks, cos you would need to login with ID and password. Thought this could be used outside of the home, like at hotspots, especially along Orchard Road, when you see beautiful birds *flying*/*walking* by.

Might as well tether to my notebook by wire then.
    Actually, I was just in Singapore, and totally appreciate the fact that you guys have Wireless@SG everywhere. With the X2 cards and with the hotspot plan, it SHOULD work. I have not tested it, but this is the reason for adding DeviceScape's EasyWIFI as a service to our cards. You would add your Wireless@SG credentials into the Eye-Fi Center UI, and once you enter them in, the card will have your credentials for that network, and should work everywhere. This is what DeviceScape brings to the table -- they work with many of the Wi-Fi carriers and HTML screens, worldwide.

Thanks --

Ziv.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkman View Post
    it would be nice if someone can review the following setup:

ad-hoc pairing of the eye-fi card to an ipad

if this works, i can have my ipad in my backpack while i shoot photos. the pics should auto-transfer to the ipad without any intervention from me.
    Read Rob Galbraith's write-up about the iPad and the Eye-Fi Card. He goes into A LOT of details:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...=7-10055-10851

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Latest camera tested: Panasonic G2. No issue. Work like a charm with EYE-Fi card. Currently waiting to purchase eye-Fi pro x2 card. Hopefully all paper work and arrangement can finish soon for the next level review :P
    Here is a list of our Eye-Fi Connected cameras. MANY models, from the top 7 brands, on the top selling P&S's, DSLR's and camcorders:

http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camer...ity?postTabs=1

and here is a list of compatible cameras. It is NOT a complete list, but the ones that we've tested:

http://www.eye.fi/how-it-works/camer...ity?postTabs=0

Thx --

Ziv
    Eye-Fi co-founder

The lowest Eye Fi X2 Pro I've seen so far on ebay is selling at USD115 inclusive free shipping to US.

I've just got my iPad, so trying to hunt for a cheap Eye Fi X2 Pro (new or 2nd hand now)
    Take a look at Amazon, B&H and the many other resellers, for a promo on the Eye-Fi Pro X2, during the holiday season. It's $99.99 or less.

Please don't forget though -- the resellers are supposed to only sell to the US, Europe, Japan and Canada, because those are the areas that we support, officially, via our Customer Support.

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

On the contrary, I noticed that Eye Fi does not even have a write protect swtich .. which I thought is part of the SD specifications ? so is Eye Fi SD compliant ?
    • This is incorrect -- ALL Eye-Fi X2 cards have a write-protect switch.
    • Eye-Fi X2 cards have a Class 6 write speed rating. In fact, we're faster than Class 6, and will sustain 12MBps (mega bytes per second) write speed in DSLR's, which is faster than Class 6, but not as fast as Class 10.
    • X2 cards are all 802.11N, with transfer rates of about 12mbps (mega bits per second)
    • Eye-Fi Cards upload to either a computer, a sharing site (35+ options), or both.
    • For more info, just go to our site, or browse the web. They've been selling for 3 years through major retail

Thx,

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    I read in the Eye Fi forums, seems some users are experiencing problems on their D90.... wondering if I should get it instead of holding it for awhile...
    The latest X2 cards, with the latest firmware upgrade have no issues with the D90. If you find an issue, and you have the latest firmware, please contact our support.

Thanks --

Ziv.

I tried the Eye Fi X2 (new 802.11n version), pathetic range. 1 tinted glass door also will cut the range, LOS 7m also cannot work at a Church and that's with a good router. Tomorrow try at Shangri-la ballroom (not sure which one but not Island), I think CMI.

Forget about the faster speed, that only happens when you are like 2-3m from it.
    The range will totally depend on your router, your camera, and many other factors. But for example, with a norma Linksys N router, and a Nikon D300s, for example, I've tested 200 feet in a noisy Wi-Fi tradeshow floor. That said, we always under-promise and over-deliver. We DO NOT claim 200 feet, but rather 50 feet indoor, and 90 feet outdoor.

Again, the range will depend on your camera and Wi-Fi router, but you should get MUCH MUCH more than 2-3m.

Feel free to contact our support for more tips on Wi-Fi (i.e. channels, etc..)

Thx --

Ziv.
    Eye-Fi co-founder

Here is a link that I posted a while back, about pushing the range to the max:

http://forums.eye.fi/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2190

There is A LOT of info on our forums.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast